Pregnancy and Slimming World

Its the glucose tolerance test to check for gestational diabetes, they do it at 28 wks if you are at risk of diabetes, or 16 weeks if you have had gestational diabetes previously.

Hi Ellebear!

Thanks Bailey, I did have it at 28 weeks but thought it might be something different as I never had it mentioned at 16 weeks but then I never had it last time x

Got my next two consultant appointments through. For my after scan consultations, but I haven't got my next two scan dates.....frustrating x

I think i am only worrying but my hubby and i have just had a week off our food intake has consisted of mainly junk food and now i'm panicking that it will harm my unborn baby i miss carried last time i was pregnant and am worried it may happen because of this week off, i am definatly going to follow a very healthy eating plan from monday onwards is it too late? I know i posted a sample of healthy eating a day ago and that is what my diets going to be like x

p.s just had to add i do take multi vitamins and minerals for pregnancy every day:eek:

Last edited:
Try not to worry hun, I ate crap all through my first pregnancy, I never had any complications during pregnancy and I was overweight, I had a healthy baby boy, average birth weight. Having a week off won't make much difference x

Ps I was told not to take multi vitamins even the ones that say for pregnancy. Did you check with midwife/doctor? I'm not saying don't take them you might have checked or got them from midwife. I only know what I've been told it doesn't mean I'm right. Just offering advice :) x

Ellebear said:
Hello everyone - i am new to this thread so just saying 'hi' - hope to chat to you all soon! xxx

Heh ellebear! Hope 2 c u here soon! Missed seeing u on other threads- last I heard u werent long back from honeymoon :0) this is one of the only threads I read at the minute - everything else online is baby baby baby lol

Nice 2 c u again :0) x

Im having my glucose test on the 26th April, hopefully its okay.

Went to birth options yesterday, the lady was nice we went through everything together...she understood why i wanted another c section after last time but they do advise that women try Vbac.

She asked why i haven't seen a consultant due to previous birth! I have an appointment with the consultant on 14th May, ill be 31 weeks. She said i may even book my c section date at 39 weeks that day eeek....lets see what he says as i remember he wasnt very good at my first birth. I got the impression that they cant really refuse what you want, she put it in my notes and said to see consultant and request my old notes.

If i go into labour early, she said you can try Vbac if the labour os progressing well, and i feel up to it. Or i will go in for emergency c section.

Is 31 weeks too late to see the consultant? It was the earliest appointment they had but i guess theres not much you can do before.

We explained what happenend with previous birth, and placental abruption...she seemed suprised at how it was handled but didnt say much. I found my daughter hospital report last night, but it doesn't explain what really happened, just says induced labour 30 hours, fetal compromise, emergency c section........but my labour was not brought on by the induction, i had my waters broken because my placenta abrupted then labour started.....i dont get why it doesnt say this. Im going to have to explain all this to the consultant, as im not happy that its not in her report.

I saw my consultant about 13 weeks, but it was a waste of time. My next appointment was last week at nearly 30 weeks, still didn't see the need. I don't see him again until 32 weeks. I was told if I wanted section I don't need to make a decision until 36 weeks when I see him then. so I wouldn't think your losing out not having an appointment until then. I had loadsa questions so 4 weeks ago I made an appointment with a different doctor at the hospital x

Silver Lady said:
p.s just had to add i do take multi vitamins and minerals for pregnancy every day:eek:

How far are you, you are supposed to take a vitamin with folic acid in for the first 12 weeks

And don't worry about what you eat as junk food is unlikely to cause a miscarriage, although you need to keep your calories up as not eating enough can be a factor x

Wow just did my bmi, it now says I'm morbidly obese! Is it for real? I'm still a size 16-18, I don't class this as morbidly obese. What a joke :) x

oasis6918 said:
Wow just did my bmi, it now says I'm morbidly obese! Is it for real? I'm still a size 16-18, I don't class this as morbidly obese. What a joke :) x

You can't do ur bmi when pregnant. It isn't fair to yourself. I am 20lbs over what I was before getting pregnant and still have 12-13 weeks to go. Haha

My husband has always been either obese or overweight. His favourite saying is its skewed for the Japanese. Lol Someone once told him that as Bmi looks at averages and the Japanese are slim built it affects the averages. Am not sure how true it is but good way to think about it :)

I don't actually agree with bmi, personally I think it's ridiculous. I just check in now and again to see what it reckons I am. I would never in a million years think anyone anywhere near my weight is morbidly obese, no wonder people are insecure about there weight when things like your bmi tell you your obese at a size 16. I've gained 23lb's so far with 10 weeks to go x

Thought I'd check to see what my bmi came up with now and it's 31.4
O dear, hopefully will lose enough to get under obese line when baby comes

My doctor told me that for my ideal weight going by my bmi I'd weigh 9st 6 which even she said was unrealistic. When I was a slim size 10 I weighed 10.4, once I stopped dieting and started eating healthy and exercising I fluctuated between 10.10 and 11. I was still a slim size 12 so there's no way I'd ever weigh that 9 st 6, I always weigh heavy. I think people know what weight they feel comfortable at, whether they look like they need to lose weight or not. so I tend to go by clothes sizes, I'd love to get to a 12 and I'm confident I will over the next year but I'd settle for a 14 if that's how my body wants to work x

I was 11st 7 when I was a 12/14 before my first and was happy with that, 11st for me would be great as a target though, but to be honest of I can get back to 12st I would be ecstatic

Back