Pregnancy and Slimming World

Ellebear said:
Thats good that she has written you a note - how come you are finishing so early? I still have 16 weeks to go! hehe!

I'm not finishing, she just written it so I don't do night sleeps I can still do day and evening shifts, I'm finishing July 23rd because I have new annual leave from June 20th and have to use 5 weeks before my mat leave and 2 weeks after my mat leave because after that I get new annual leave again lol. Plus by law in my job you have to get drs permission to work past 36 weeks anyway lol

Plus my big sis is getting married beginning of August so I would have been booking time off for my maid of honour duties anyway!

X x x

Ellebear said:
oh and a general query - as i am 'high risk' i have been sent 2 more US scan dates - is this normal - one in Mid June and one end of July - i am due early September?

thanks in advance! x

Yeah I think it's to check on how baby is growing, my hubby's cousin has had them and she is under a consultant.

I was told I would only get one at 32 weeks if they think baby is too big or too small lol

X x x

Yes I'm high risk, I had an extra one at 28 weeks, an extra one at 32 weeks and my next one is at 36 weeks, all my scan's and appointments have been fine though on gig bp or anything x

Hi oasis6918,
We wanted a surprise so don't know if I'm pink or blue, can't wait to find out now.
I've really enjoyed being pregnant and completely forgot about food and ate what I wanted and it's been a nice break from stressing about diets. But really missed exercise and can't wait to get out with pram and walk for miles.
The last few weeks have gone so quickly x

Yeah only yesterday I found some photo's of me from about 5 years ago, I was a size 12 but at the time I wasn't too happy with my body but now I'd love to be back that size. I lost 4 and a half stone after my lo was born and I got pregnant only 15 months later, I would like to lose 7 stone but will settle for 6 if I can get there after baby no 2, I did 4.5 before so I really hope I can get there again.

Keep up posted when baby is here xx

I'm over 30 bmi now but just midwifery led & no extra appts at all! Found it a bit strange- also my brother is type 1 diabetic & my late parents were both type 2 do I'd be high risk for that I thought!

I'm going to be moving midwifed and hospitals as we are moving house next week so perhaps I will get a second opinion on it.

I guess as I found out I was pregnant late in the day that could be why- also my bleeds but they have found out why that was happening, I don't mind really but it's a bit dramatic to say I'm high risk for the reasons they have given.

X

I think they just like to be careful, also they only seem to go off your bmi from your booking appointment. My bmi is about 40 now but they've never weighed me again or anything so I could be 50 bmi for all they know/are bothered.
I don't mind the extra scans I just get my time wasted at the consultant appointments x

oasis6918 said:
I think they just like to be careful, also they only seem to go off your bmi from your booking appointment. My bmi is about 40 now but they've never weighed me again or anything so I could be 50 bmi for all they know/are bothered.
I don't mind the extra scans I just get my time wasted at the consultant appointments x

I think it's more than just bmi because if it was bmi I would be under a consultant because mine was 36 at booking in. I think it goes on your previous health issues, family history and bmi because apart from my weight I have no health problems, I've not got any pregnancies for them to go on before, I've never had a mc and the only thing we have in the family is cancer. I might be wrong but surely if it was just based on bmi I would under a consultant? She's also written low risk in my notes.

I have no idea, both my pregnant friends are under consultant and they never had I high bmi first time, they've both had natural births with no assistance, no problems conceiving, high bp or anything, the only thing goin against them is their bmi, they both are seen by the same NHS as me. I asked at my booking in appointment why I wasn't under consultant the first time when my bmi was higher then than at this time and she just said they'd lowered the bmi cut off, either way I would have had to be under consultant this time due to previous section at as I say I know two people who see consultant purely based on bmi.
I wouldn't have a clue how they work it out, some other ladies on here are under consultant. Maybe they have any info?
Also I'm sure there's other ladies on here with a bmi over 32 and aren't under consultant either :) x

Last edited:
I have no idea why I am consultant and high risk then as its my first baby I am very healthy and have no family history of issues! Will ask when I move hospitals next week!! Xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Ellebear said:
I have no idea why I am consultant and high risk then as its my first baby I am very healthy and have no family history of issues! Will ask when I move hospitals next week!! Xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Make sure you do and I will ask my midwife why I'm not and we can compare notes lol

X x x

Hi girls silly question. When did you wash the babys clothes, got everything in packs at the moment.

Also what did u do about bottles for hospital....do u sterelise them there?

I cant remember what i did for my daughter.

I washed mine at about 27 weeks, then I'll freshen them up on b quick wash around 37 weeks.

We get milk provided at our hospital so can't help with that sorry x

Haven't washed mine yet, will probably stick them through when I'm about 37 weeks, other than the ones I'll have in the hospital bag obviously which I'll probably wash this week (33 weeks)

Don't know about bottles as i breastfeed, would have thought you would need to sterilize them at home though

Thats ok If u know when ur going in but If u into labour early.....Also arent they only sterile for 24 hours. I cant believe i forgot what i did before.

I'm feeling massively pregnant today lol 24 weeks tomorrow, I'm starting to feel tired like I did in the first 12 weeks I can't wait to go to bed! Lol

X x x

Yeah I thought once you sterilized them they only lasted 24 hours too. that's what I go off at home but I haven't had to think about the hospital so I wouldn't know what to suggest sorry. I think you can get ready made milk (like the cartons you get) from cow and gate, these are already in little bottles and you can just put them in your bag ready x

Sorry not much help Mia, what if you take some sterilizing tablets with you, or ask your midwife what the policy is

I feel your pain mummy2beslim, I can't believe how immobile I feel, glad I finish work in 2 weeks, getting way too hard to lift everything and load machines. Just can't bend anymore, plus I can't breathe, hoping baby might move down soon and let me have my lungs back, I look and sound like I smoke 40 a day when I'm breathing.

It's just today all of a sudden I feel like someone's made me wear ankle weights lol, as soon as hubby is home from work I'm off to bed, 10 hour shift tomorrow! Double time =£140 for a days work woop!

Back