Pregnancy and Slimming World

Yeah I am really hoping for one! I love the water & live in the pool on hols- just think it'd b a lot more relaxing being weight free too cos I know how uncomfortable it is lying in bed etc at minute already! It's supposed to be calmer for baby too which I only c as a plus!

Ive a consultant appt tomoro regarding baby size so hopefully that doesn't dash my hopes! We can't have a water birth in MLU here if u r consultant led and therefore only option if even allowed would b a bath!

There are 2 places in my hospital that allow water births, so im going to talk to my MW next week about it (at my 36 week appt) the only worry i have is that you cant have strong pain relief. I guess i can start off with my intention as having one, but if i cant cope (as i wont know what im doing) then i can always get out and onto a bed and have more strong pain relief.

I think thats going to be my birth plan of action!!!! x

Yeah if I'm in the MLU there's no option for an epidural either! And just wonder what my pain threshold will b like!

I'm hoping to give birth in my local mlu too, although it is a little scary as they don't provide epidurals or caesarians so we'll be stuffed if anything goes wrong :-s

Just wondering how far gone where you when you had a date for your first scan? I saw the midwife a fortnight ago & she said she'd book my appointment the next morning, but I still haven't heard anything!

parfittaroles said:
I'm hoping to give birth in my local mlu too, although it is a little scary as they don't provide epidurals or caesarians so we'll be stuffed if anything goes wrong :-s

Just wondering how far gone where you when you had a date for your first scan? I saw the midwife a fortnight ago & she said she'd book my appointment the next morning, but I still haven't heard anything!

Our mlu is in hospital a floor below delivery so in emergencies they can transfer u- but will c what they say tomoro if it's even an option 4 me!

On 28/12 I phoned out of hrs with awful pains in my two sides of groin when I coughed r sneezed- so bad I'd almost crashed car by letting go of steering wheel- doc said nothing to worry bout til I saw doc next morning as long as I was sure I wasn't pregnant! Did a test- it didn't work- went to tesco did another- +3 weeks pregnant - promptly threw up my Indian takeaway in pure shock lol- although a lovely shock still shock!

Phoned back & said I was & she asked how long away I was- said 5 mins so she held appt open and met me at door- scared life out of me saying her concern was ectopic pregnancy & sent me straight to a&e-

I had a scan that night- originally dated 6.5weeks but then went to doc in morn for booking appt- they requested scan appt then to confirm a
D it was 23 jan b4 my scan when I was 10.5 weeks- dates have since changed though and really would have been 12 weeks I think!

Long winded but I was registered with them early cos of the concern which actually turned out to be the ligaments in my groin getting ready for a bump!

I didn't find out I was pregnant for ages....I've had bleeding all the way through my pregnancy.

I came off the pill start of Nov 11 and had one natural period end of Nov and then got pregnant early Dec.

I was feeling tired and needing the loo a lot in march and did a test after a conversation with a friend and it was positive. I dated my preg back to my last 'period' in feb so thought I was about 5 weeks or so. Two weeks later I had the heaviest bleed and thought I was having a miscarriage. I went off to a&e and was told I had to wait a week for an NHS scan. I was pretty distraught and my hubby and me booked a same day private scan to see what was going on.

It was then we saw baby for the first time....! Heard the heartbeat and was happier than I can describe. We were also told from the measurements I was not 6-7 weeks preg but 19+3!!!! To say shocked doesn't quite cover it.

No morning sickness, weight gain but I blamed the festive season and holidays....!!! And the bleeding was not periods as I had thought.....

I've had a few more heavy bleeds and been in and out of hospital as result....it's worrying but I'm just one of those ladies that bleeds. Baby and me are healthy and all going well xxx

parfittaroles said:

How far along are you? About 7/8 weeks is it? I saw the mw about 2-3 weeks ago and got a phone call from the hospital the next day to sort appointments. My booking in appointment is next week (about 8 wks) and scan is in early sept. Should say there was a bit of a mix up over my dates at first mw appointment and they thought I might be further along that I thought - hadnt had period for 3 months - so I think things moved a little quicker than I had expected cos of that.

Katerpillar said:
Thank you for the reassurance - I think you are both probably right but I'm still panicking, even after talking to the Doctor.

I fell down about 6/7 stairs at home this morning - fell on my bum and my back. I am fine just got a carpet burn on my arm and think I've pulled or strained something in my groin as I keep getting a sharp pain in my right groin. Doctor rang back and she said it sounds like muscle pain in my groin and that because I fell on my bum on to carpet that is a good thing (as far as good falls go!) She said there is a lot of fluid protecting the baby that will act as a shock absorber but that if I had any bleeding or cramping between now and my next appt with the consultant (next Monday) to give her a call back.

Not sure how I feel about not getting checked out! Been trying to get hold of OH to see what he thinks but he's in meetings all afternoon so will speak to him later and see what he thinks. I am probably being ridiculous but I can't stop thinking about it! Must try to be more careful!!!

How r u feeling today after ur fall?

Had my consultant appt today after midwife was concerned about size of bump- measuring 40wks at 36! Bump measured spot on today & they did a thorough scan! Baby head well down but still facing my hip so needs to rotate a bit- fluid level 15 which is meant to be high but in normal limits, head & tummy measure spot on but legs measure a week ahead- she says we r both tall so expect a tall baby :0), and wee monkey is already 7lb 10!!!!!

Reassuring getting the scan and urine ok but bp was way way up! They sent me to admissions & got a heart tracing of baby done & routine bp checks on me over 30 min period! Monitor showed babies heart beat around 150 but rising to 170 falling to 120a however that's cos apparently having irregular contractions & so bump getting squeezed! They said this was normal & bp was fine on their monitor!!

Relieved & glad I'm contracting!

B's lovely lady said:
How is everyone doing??

Any news from MrsJH?? Xx

Hello everyone! Sorry for late update! Baby Oliver arrived on Monday at 23:55 weighing 7lb 3, 0.5 oz! We are so in love he is the most perfect little baby I have ever seen! Had a terrible birth woke up Monday morning at 5:30am with contractions which got stronger and stronger very quickly was in hospital by 10am. I was very sick and the pain was unreal! after having my sweep on the Saturday and I was 2cms they examined me in hospital and I was still only 2cms but fully effaced do they said I'd best stay. Was put on a monitor to check baby's heart rate and there were some concerns that he was a little too sleepy so needed to keep a close eye. About an hour later I shot to 4cms and by about 5-6ish pm I was 7cms and my god did I know it!!! hadn't had any pain relief just did my breathing which really did help. My mum and hubs were with me the whole time. I was so sick my temp went sky high I was put on a drip to get some fluid in to me and to help the baby as we were both so weak. at 7cms to give me some rest I was given half a dose of diamorphine and they broke my waters. By 10pm I was 10cms and told to push when I had a contraction I didn't feel that urge that everyone says you do but I just went with it next minute loads of midwives and drs filled the room put my legs in stirrups and said baby was getting very tired we needed him out very quickly. I was told to push like hell as soon as I felt anything and a dr would help using ventouse (suction cap on baby's head) I didn't realise how serious it was until then. My husband and mum were fantastic and really helped me along and told me everything was going to be ok I just had really push with every strength I had left in my body. at 23:55 my baby boy was born and the whole room cheered!!! He was literally thrown on to my chest he didn't cry just squirmed a little! My husband was in tears and said we have a baby boy (then Oliver pee'd all over me!!!) I then noticed as he was given to me he wasn't attached by cord to me the cord had snapped off inside me and the placenta was stuck. minutes later they gave Oliver to my husband and said they needed to take me straight to theatre and give me a spinal block to remove the placenta. on the way I lost 2pints of blood! 3 hours later after they had stitched me up (OUCH) and took me back to my baby boy! he is so beautiful I can't describe the love I feel when I hold him we are very lucky. Next day I had to have 2 blood transfusions to replace the blood I had lost and had needles etc sticking out of me everywhere but it was soooo worth it!! we finally got home on Wednesday afternoon but had a really bad night with him feeding he just wasn't interested and wanted to sleep ALL THE TIME! midwife came to our house yesterday (Thursday) to do his checks and sent us straight to hospital as he was orange and looked very jaundice. So here I am writing from my hospital bed!! they are just keeping an eye on him and doing lots of checks etc and already he has done so much better. Hopefully will get home again today if we get the all clear.

Xx

image-3295728242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-369714084.jpg
    image-369714084.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 102
Ah hun what a bad time but what a gorgeous little boy you have! Congratulations! I hope your home soon with your little boy and you recover quickly xx

Congrats, I had the same problem with placenta snapping and placenta not budging. I also lost 3 pints of blood, although thankfully I didn't need surgery or a blood transfusion for some reason.

He is absolutely gorgeous though and like you say so worth it. Hope you get back out of hospital soon x

My placenta was stuck inside when the cord snapped too but I was lucky it came out okay after a few stressful minutes x

MrsJH said:
I then noticed as he was given to me he wasn't attached by cord to me the cord had snapped off inside me and the placenta was stuck. minutes later they gave Oliver to my husband and said they needed to take me straight to theatre and give me a spinal block to remove the placenta. on the way I lost 2pints of blood! 3 hours later after they had stitched me up (OUCH)

Oh my gosh. That sounds awful!!! Now I'm just scared!

I gave in today & decided to have a scan done privately. Here is my little kidney bean! Found out I'm not as far gone as I thought, I'm 7+5. But they found a heartbeat & it's in the right place so all good!

Attachments

• image-3879471531.jpg
    image-3879471531.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Ah bless ya! How far did you think you were? You dates may change again slightly at your 12 week scan. I had one at 6 with my lb and by my 12 week scan it was different. That's a really good scan pic x

I thought I was 9 weeks tomorrow, as I had a 3+ on a digi test 4 weeks ago. Never mind tho, as long as my little poppy is growing & beating it doesn't matter to me :)

Btw, told my best friends yesterday & now I feel amazing :) they're so fab & it was lovely to share the good news at last! I didn't intend on saying anything until my 12 week scan, but I couldn't keep it in lol xxx

Last edited:
parfittaroles said:
I gave in today & decided to have a scan done privately. Here is my little kidney bean! Found out I'm not as far gone as I thought, I'm 7+5. But they found a heartbeat & it's in the right place so all good!

Eeeee! How did it feel to finally see baby?!

Can I be really nosey and ask how you went about arranging the private scan?

Back