Pregnancy and Slimming World

Mrs CC said:
Eeeee! How did it feel to finally see baby?!

Can I be really nosey and ask how you went about arranging the private scan?

I just googled 'early pregnancy scan in Cardiff' and quite a few came up xx

It was fab :) I feel reassured now :) xx

Congrats MrsJH :) what a scary birth.glad everything turned out ok.

With my first I had no urge to.push and the placenta was.stuck inside me. I was so worried abt the birth with my 2nd and it.was a breeze in comparison.

parfittaroles said:
I thought I was 9 weeks tomorrow, as I had a 3+ on a digi test 4 weeks ago.

Them digital tests are nightmare. I.never used them with Daniel.as.previously had got.so upset.when the week.hadnt.changed after 10 days. They aren't accurate, depends on strength of.your urine at the time. A simple.positive or.negative was much better for my.over analytical mind (and cheaper to) haha

geordie_lass21 said:
Them digital tests are nightmare. I.never used them with Daniel.as.previously had got.so upset.when the week.hadnt.changed after 10 days. They aren't accurate, depends on strength of.your urine at the time. A simple.positive or.negative was much better for my.over analytical mind (and cheaper to) haha

Ye I completely agree! Next time it'll be a cheaper one. I bought two of the cheapy ones before I did the digi one (with a pink control line & test line), but the lines were so faint I didn't know if I was seeing things or not. Seeing 'pregnant' on the digi one really shocked me!

On another note, how does everyone manage to stick to SW when pregnant? I'm finding it really hard as my taste buds have changed. I use to love fruit, cereal & yogurt for breakfast but I can't stand it now! Also, I rarely use to eat red meat (I'm not a veggy - I'm just not very keen), but now I just want steak, proper mince spag Bol & burgers all the time. I'm really struggling to be healthy but I know I have to be as I'm getting married at the end of this month (and have a 2 week all inclusive holiday just before it! Ekk)

Last edited:
I bet u have a boy. With Daniel I completely craved red meat and spice. One week I had chilli con carne.with beef mince at 6 days in a row. With my daughter I went off red meat altogether.

Btw I also struggled.sticking to plan. Just.try where u can (spaggers, steak, stir fry etc can be done sw style) and will help u control.ur weight gain rather than give up altogether

Congrats on your wedding!! Best day ever!

I'm finding it hard sticking to plan (my stats show that I think) but I enjoy class and you do get 4 healthy extras and 15 syns a day so really it's not that hard its just finding focus which can be hard.

Best of luck xx

hi i would like the join this page please :) im 17 wks and iv been reading this thread for about 13 weeks ha. still going to group but like the support on here too. so far at 17 wks iv put on 2lb so im happy with that :)

Hi everyone,
Our internet has been down so have felt like i've lost a limb for the last week :D Ha ha!

First of all, WHOOP WHOOP to Mrs JH!!! Sooooo over the moon for you chick - he is one of the most beautiful boys I have ever seen you must be so proud!! Birth sounds horrific but hopefully that is all a distant memory! (if that's possible) Hooe you get out of hospital soon and he is on the road to recovery bless him! Congratulations again chick xxxx

Parfitaroles - congrats on getting to see your little jellybean for the first time! Amazing feeling isn't it! Love your scan and how exciting having a wedding so soon xx

Kayleigh Rebecca - 2lbs?? Wow! That is amazing! I am 14 weeks and have out on 8lbs so far!! Not ideal but I was on a fatward spiral since the day I found out but thankfully reigned it in and have done some damage limitation and only put on 1lb in the last 3 weeks! Congrats on the pregnancy hun xx

I am fine after my fall last week! I was a little bruised and had a sore groin but all OK now! I am so clumsy it's unreal! I've got my first appointment with my consultant this afternoon where she will be checking my cervix out ha! Sounds cazy! Fingers crossed all is OK! My best mate had a little girl on Friday and she is still in hospital so I'll be calling in there first again for a cuddle from them both!

I have severe baby brain at the minute - I got to the car park at work and realised I had no bra on!!!!! As if! I had an early meeting so couldn't go home so has to go and buy one! Was mortified but everyone at work thought it was hilarious! I locked my car keys in the car the other day and had to get someone to break into my car! I went into the back of someone last week - thankfully both if us were fine but £350 of damage!! :( And on top of that I just forget what I'm saying half way through a sentence sometimes ha ha!! Sooooo, all in all I'm a like a whirlwind of disaster at the minute - I've always been dizzy but this is getting ridiculous! Ha ha! Hope everyone is well xx

Last edited:
kayleigh.rebecca said:
hi i would like the join this page please :) im 17 wks and iv been reading this thread for about 13 weeks ha. still going to group but like the support on here too. so far at 17 wks iv put on 2lb so im happy with that :)

Hi!! Welcome and congratulations!!! 2lbs is fantastic!! I'm 23 weeks and put on 16lbs...

Katerpillar said:
Hi everyone,
Our internet has been down so have felt like i've lost a limb for the last week :D Ha ha!

First of all, WHOOP WHOOP to Mrs JH!!! Sooooo over the moon for you chick - he is one of the most beautiful boys I have ever seen you must be so proud!! Birth sounds horrific but hopefully that is all a distant memory! (if that's possible) Hooe you get out of hospital soon and he is on the road to recovery bless him! Congratulations again chick xxxx

Parfitaroles - congrats on getting to see your little jellybean for the first time! Amazing feeling isn't it! Love your scan and how exciting having a wedding so soon xx

Kayleigh Rebecca - 2lbs?? Wow! That is amazing! I am 14 weeks and have out on 8lbs so far!! Not ideal but I was on a fatward spiral since the day I found out but thankfully reigned it in and have done some damage limitation and only put on 1lb in the last 3 weeks! Congrats on the pregnancy hun xx

I am fine after my fall last week! I was a little bruised and had a sore groin but all OK now! I am so clumsy it's unreal! I've got my first appointment with my consultant thus afternoon where he will be checking my cervix out ha! Sounds cazy! Fingers crossed all is OK! My best mate had a little girl on Friday and she is still in hospital so I'll be calling in there first again for a cuddle from them both!

I have severe baby brain at the minute - I got to the car park at work and realised I had no bra on!!!!! As if! I had an early meeting so couldn't go home so has to go and buy one! Was mortified but everyone at work thought it was hilarious! I locked my car keys in the car the other day and had to get someone to break into my car! I went into the back of someone last week - thankfully both if us were fine but £350 of damage!! :( And on top of that I just forget what I'm saying half way through a sentence sometimes ha ha!! Sooooo, all in all I'm a like a whirlwind of distasteful at the minute - I've always been dizzy but this is ridiculous! Ha ha! Hope everyone is well xx

What a time you've been having! Glad your okay after your accident though! x

I hope you don't mind me coming on here and having a bit of a rant. I'm feeling a bit miffed with my booking in appointment yesterday and have it playing on my mind now. Basically my last period was late march. Through April May and June I had negative pregnancy tests. My first positive test was end of June. Other than no period I had no pregnancy symptoms between my last period and mid june. It was then mid june I had symptoms like moodiness spots sore boobs which I intially thought was finally my period back as I had a light bleed. But it went after a day so I did the test and got a faint positive. At this point I did a clear blue digital which said 1-2 weeks and repeated the test a week later and it said 3. I am quite happy in my mind I'm only about 8 weeks at most based on all this.

When I had my very first appointment with community midwife I explained it all to her and she seemed in agreement with me. She prodded my belly for a bit just to check I didn't feel further along and she seemed quite happy I wasnt further along. She explained they did panic a little cos I would need to get all the tests done asap if I was further along.

So yesterday I had booking appointment with hospital midwife and had to go through explaining all this hoo haa again. She obviously hadnt read my notes even though I could see the paper work the community midwife had completed explaining it all on her desk. She looked at me like I was a complete idiot when I said I'm only 8 weeks gone and after I explained it all she casually muttered oh well we can wait for the dating scan then. As if to say it will prove you wrong you foolish woman!

So it has been playing on my mind ll night. This is my first pregnancy and I have little experience of doctors and hospitals and am finding this side of it all unnerving. I feel like Im not being listened to or being taken seriously and I was so mad this woman didnt just read my notes. My worry is I will go for the dating scan and it will show I'm what I think I am and some other oaf who also hasnt read it all properly will turn round and say Im too small for my dates and somethings wrong. :'-( I know Im probably over reacting but it is really worrying me and I just dont know what to do to stop the worry. I was thinking of ringing my community midwife but I dont know what she could do :(

I would call your midwife and read that post to them.

I was made to feel a complete idiot for not knowing I was pregnant sooner so be thankful you are not like me!!! :) I had bleeding though so thought that was periods. Still made to feel stupid though....I thought I was 5/6 weeks when I was actually 19/20 weeks.

Oh don't be worrying about it and stressing yourself out- I gave them my dates and they threw me out by almost 4 weeks- turns out what I thought my dates should have been were wrong! I was further along! They told me that the last period is generally what they go by though regardless of what u think- however, if there are any doubts at all they will do ur scan, date u from it and then monitor you after that to c how bump is growing!

Hopefully you'll get someone good to listen to you at ur scan and put ur mind at ease! Until then, stressing wont help bump r u - it'll sort itself out soon x

Thanks ladies feel a little silly now for getting so upset. I just think I'm frustated at feeling like I'm not being taken seriously and treated like an idiot!

Ellebear, I'm sorry to hear you've had a similar experience :(

I'm seeing my gp this morning cos I need to get my folic acid dose increased so I will a chat with them.

Vm019 said:
Oh don't be worrying about it and stressing yourself out- I gave them my dates and they threw me out by almost 4 weeks- turns out what I thought my dates should have been were wrong! I was further along! They told me that the last period is generally what they go by though regardless of what u think- however, if there are any doubts at all they will do ur scan, date u from it and then monitor you after that to c how bump is growing!

Hopefully you'll get someone good to listen to you at ur scan and put ur mind at ease! Until then, stressing wont help bump r u - it'll sort itself out soon x

Thanks hun I feel a bit more positive knowing they are happy to date you from the scan. I have it in a month but had thought about doing a private one between now and then. My OH will be coming with me for the scan so I feel like I will at least have some moral support for it.

Mrs CC said:
Thanks hun I feel a bit more positive knowing they are happy to date you from the scan. I have it in a month but had thought about doing a private one between now and then. My OH will be coming with me for the scan so I feel like I will at least have some moral support for it.

They can tell a lot more from the scan and should have noted in your file that there is doubt about ur dates, in which case they should go by the scan dates! They may not actually change ur dates though til ur 20week scan which was the case with me!

Don't feel silly at all - u will spend ur whole pregnancy finding things to worry about! I still haven't stopped! I didn't feel like anything was taken seriously until I had had my 12 week scan! I felt they were laughing at me when I said I wasn't sure of my period dates as they weren't proper periods! Plus I was also going through a lot at the time as my dad was seriously ill & I was spending every free hr at the hospital! I completely missed the signs of horrendously sore boobs, my new trousers which were tight when I bought them as I was still losing weight were too tight after a week of owning them, spots and nausea! Still feel stupid having missed all of that now :0/ lol

Hope all goes well for u though & let us know if u do book a scan :0)

Mrs CC said:
Thanks ladies feel a little silly now for getting so upset. I just think I'm frustated at feeling like I'm not being taken seriously and treated like an idiot!

Ellebear, I'm sorry to hear you've had a similar experience :(

I'm seeing my gp this morning cos I need to get my folic acid dose increased so I will a chat with them.

Tell your gp your not happy and really worried, they can refer you for a scan mine did xx

Ellebear said:
I would call your midwife and read that post to them.

I was made to feel a complete idiot for not knowing I was pregnant sooner so be thankful you are not like me!!! :) I had bleeding though so thought that was periods. Still made to feel stupid though....I thought I was 5/6 weeks when I was actually 19/20 weeks.

Wow, I'd have loved that! Skip the 1st trimester worry lol xx

Back