Pregnancy and Slimming World

Ellebear said:
How is everyones bumps today? I am 36 + 2 today and have got a little foot in my ribs!!! ooof.

x

Mine is going CRAZY in there!! Had some dark chocolate earlier and he's not stopped since!! I ordered all the stuff for the nursery today from next, getting it on Friday - cant wait.... Then I'll just need the baby to come!!

I can't believe your 36 weeks already!! Hope your all ready!! X

Im really struggling with mat leave & boredom! I've everywhere gutted & cleaned & now going over everything again! Contemplating painting the fences today!

Haven't been able to sleep properly for weeks now- I normally peed 5/6 times a night but slept in between - but now I toss & turn - health visitor been out to meet me and she is concerned I'm anxious but I dunno why I can't sleep!!!

Hopefully won't b long now- and if not then roll on next Tuesday for my hospital appt!

Vm019 said:
Im really struggling with mat leave & boredom! I've everywhere gutted & cleaned & now going over everything again! Contemplating painting the fences today!

Haven't been able to sleep properly for weeks now- I normally peed 5/6 times a night but slept in between - but now I toss & turn - health visitor been out to meet me and she is concerned I'm anxious but I dunno why I can't sleep!!!

Hopefully won't b long now- and if not then roll on next Tuesday for my hospital appt!

When is/was your due date??

Fingers crossed for some sleep soon!!! Xxx

Can I just ask what week in pregnancy everyone is planing on / did leave work? Is it unrealsitic to think I can leave work until I am 37+5 or is that normal?

Got my fingers crossed that it's your turn soon Vm019 xx

Katerpillar said:
Can I just ask what week in pregnancy everyone is planing on / did leave work? Is it unrealsitic to think I can leave work until I am 37+5 or is that normal

I'm leaving at 36 weeks, I may have tried to work longer, but because I've had my days at work medically reduced I need to leave 4 weeks before my due date at the latest. What type of work do you do? You can try and take maternity leave early if your not feeling up to it x

Katerpillar said:
Can I just ask what week in pregnancy everyone is planing on / did leave work? Is it unrealsitic to think I can leave work until I am 37+5 or is that normal?

I left at 38 weeks xx

I'm leaving at 36 weeks, I may have tried to work longer, but because I've had my days at work medically reduced I need to leave 4 weeks before my due date at the latest. What type of work do you do? You can try and take maternity leave early if your not feeling up to it x

I'm a project worker so mainly in the offce (4 days a week) and then out and about about 1 day a week. It's not exactly labour intensive so I am hoping to go as long as possible at work so I can take longer on the other side. I was just wondering as everyone I have spoken to - including my boss - has seemed shocked that I am leaving it that late! I thought that was pretty normal though so was a bit confused! I think I will maybe see how I feel on the run up to Christmas xx

i work in an office and will finish next week and will be 37+2.
I feel fine now - but the 8.5 hour days are starting to be harder....! x

oasis6918 said:
I left at 38 weeks xx

I finished at 37+3 as I had 3 weeks hols to take but as I'm normally all go go go at work I've found being at home quite hard! Can't settle to watch tv much & tend to clean clean clean....

For instance today,

Well I got up & showered, brought duke my schnauzet to the vets, dropped him back to recover and i walked round few shops, treated myself to cherry pie & coffee, came home & got everything ready 2 paint front fence... Opened paint, front colour was too light and was actually colour I needed for back so Christ knows what I've bought to do the back.... So packed all up & headed out, got right stuff for front, painted front fences, hoovered and dusted upstairs, dusted down stairs, bleached kitchen benches, had a bath to soak the paint off me as more on me than on fence... Did my hair, put washing on and now sitting waiting for hubby to come home and bring Hoover down stairs so i can do down here b4 making the dinner.... The thought of chopping turnip makes me wanna cry!

My arms hurt holding the phone to type this..... But a can of ice old diet Vimto might help...

I'm due on Sunday but bump was 7lb 10 a week ago & I was already contracting but not fast enough to consider labour! Any time now hopefully!

I finished at 37+3 as I had 3 weeks hols to take but as I'm normally all go go go at work I've found being at home quite hard! Can't settle to watch tv much & tend to clean clean clean....

For instance today,

Well I got up & showered, brought duke my schnauzet to the vets, dropped him back to recover and i walked round few shops, treated myself to cherry pie & coffee, came home & got everything ready 2 paint front fence... Opened paint, front colour was too light and was actually colour I needed for back so Christ knows what I've bought to do the back.... So packed all up & headed out, got right stuff for front, painted front fences, hoovered and dusted upstairs, dusted down stairs, bleached kitchen benches, had a bath to soak the paint off me as more on me than on fence... Did my hair, put washing on and now sitting waiting for hubby to come home and bring Hoover down stairs so i can do down here b4 making the dinner.... The thought of chopping turnip makes me wanna cry!

My arms hurt holding the phone to type this..... But a can of ice old diet Vimto might help...

I'm due on Sunday but bump was 7lb 10 a week ago & I was already contracting but not fast enough to consider labour! Any time now hopefully!

WOW! You must be absolutely shattered!! It's making me tired just reading that ha ha! I hope your body lets you get some rest in before little one arrives! :)

Katerpillar said:
WOW! You must be absolutely shattered!! It's making me tired just reading that ha ha! I hope your body lets you get some rest in before little one arrives! :)

I'm actually not! Feeling a bit sick at the minute but heading out soon on the hunt for a bathroom mirror, and contemplating staining decking r doing back fence later! :0)

Ellebear said:
If you want to come over and sort my garden out for me ;) let me know!!! hehe xxx

Oh I wouldnt want to take that job away from u - u'll b dying to do it urself lol- I've been putting it off- hateful jobs- but now I know folk will b calling I want it looking half decent :0)

Last edited:
sarah5298a1 said:
Just found out i'm pregnant with my second baby i'm about 6/7 weeks ish, and plan on attending my group through out my pregnancy, i put on over 6 stone with my last baby, not going there again, lost 6 and half stone since oct 2010 when i had my little boy. any advice welcome :) xxx

Congratulations & welcome! I'm only 8/9 weeks but I can't offer any advice as Imy diet has been rubbish the past fortnight!

sarah5298a1 said:
Just found out i'm pregnant with my second baby i'm about 6/7 weeks ish, and plan on attending my group through out my pregnancy, i put on over 6 stone with my last baby, not going there again, lost 6 and half stone since oct 2010 when i had my little boy. any advice welcome :) xxx

Congratulations!!! X

iv been ever so proud of my 2lb gain at week 18.... weigh in this morning and gained 5lb!!! im actually shocked where the heck did that come from? i can see how easy it is to just pile it on. maybe hope for a maintain next lol. how is everyone else doing on the scales front? or would u rather not know lol k x

kayleigh.rebecca said:
iv been ever so proud of my 2lb gain at week 18.... weigh in this morning and gained 5lb!!! im actually shocked where the heck did that come from? i can see how easy it is to just pile it on. maybe hope for a maintain next lol. how is everyone else doing on the scales front? or would u rather not know lol k x

It does come on really quickly sometimes :( I had a 3lb gain last week, hoping to stay the same this week but another lb has gone on... That's 17lbs at 24 weeks. I know it's kind of normal amount to gain, but I know it could be less I am a chocoholic!!! At 18 weeks your doing really well, don't worry xxx

I am nearly 37 weeks now and have gained 3 and a half stones.....hoping that i dont go over the 4 stone mark, and have tried to be healthy in my last trimester by following SW, but some weeks i just cant stick to plan. Gained 5lb one week, then lost 2.5 this week. Prob going to gain this week, then hope to lose next week. Swings and roundabouts my lovelies!!! :D

Enjoy being pregnant - stressing over weight isnt the best for you or baby!!! xxxx Being healthy is important of course, you just need to enjoy it and get the balance, and ensure you are eating the right foods....!

that's very true.. i keep being told off by mother for not enjoying the pregnancy as much as i should be by worrying about weight. im just one of those annoying people that as soon as i gain i tend to give in and let it spiral out of control.
by 20 weeks i will prob stop caring anyway and if u can't eat cake when ur pregnant then when can u?? :) x

Back