Pregnancy and Slimming World

kayleigh.rebecca said:
that's very true.. i keep being told off by mother for not enjoying the pregnancy as much as i should be by worrying about weight. im just one of those annoying people that as soon as i gain i tend to give in and let it spiral out of control.
by 20 weeks i will prob stop caring anyway and if u can't eat cake when ur pregnant then when can u?? :) x

I stopped going to sw as I haves put over 3 stone on but figure enjoy it- I can lose it after! :0)

40 weeks now & I'm wondering when anyone was offered a sweep? Will I b offered one this week? Is it really sore?

Vm019 said:
40 weeks now & I'm wondering when anyone was offered a sweep? Will I b offered one this week? Is it really sore?

I was meant to have one on my due date but I went into slow labour 2 days before so I got a sweep at hospital, it wasn't sore for me I'm sure you'll be fine. Ask your mw for one, I learnt that unless you ask they'll just leave you to it xx

oasis6918 said:
I was meant to have one on my due date but I went into slow labour 2 days before so I got a sweep at hospital, it wasn't sore for me I'm sure you'll be fine. Ask your mw for one, I learnt that unless you ask they'll just leave you to it xx

Great thanks :0) lots of tightening today but no pain r crampy feeling at all!

Lol each NHS trust is different hun just ask your mw, you never know baby may be here before you even get chance to get one x

My midwife said they only offer sweeps past 41 weeks unless you have a medical need to go sooner. I had 2, the first one was a bit uncomfortable, I wasn't favourable at all. The second one I had didn't hurt at all and I went into labour that night. If they work, the give you mega cramps afterwards which can be really uncomfortable so don't plan on going anywhere the day of or the day after having one x

mummyClark said:
My midwife said they only offer sweeps past 41 weeks unless you have a medical need to go sooner. I had 2, the first one was a bit uncomfortable, I wasn't favourable at all. The second one I had didn't hurt at all and I went into labour that night. If they work, the give you mega cramps afterwards which can be really uncomfortable so don't plan on going anywhere the day of or the day after having one x

It must be different NHS because I just asked for one on my due date and they booked me in :) my sweep made me lose on plug and cramp up very quick, by time I got off hospital bed and I went to bathroom in the room I'd lost my plug. It feels a life time ago since I was pregnant lol. How's Keira doing? x

Keira was doing ok till my snotty 2 year old started playing with her toys, now she has a terrible cold. I hate hearing her squel in pain bless her, but hey go was bound to happen at some point, was just hoping it would be after 2 months so I could give her something for it. Just over a month now till hubby has his vasectomy.

You definitely don't want any more then? Mine said he'd get one after we've finished having our family but I don't think I'd want him too, lol I might change my mind after the next one x

oasis6918 said:
It must be different NHS because I just asked for one on my due date and they booked me in :) my sweep made me lose on plug and cramp up very quick, by time I got off hospital bed and I went to bathroom in the room I'd lost my plug. It feels a life time ago since I was pregnant lol. How's Keira doing? x

I'd just love some movement! Plenty of back pain & tightenings and wee shooting pains down lien but no proper period pains!

oasis6918 said:
You definitely don't want any more then? Mine said he'd get one after we've finished having our family but I don't think I'd want him too, lol I might change my mind after the next one x

Nope we're done, I know I'm gonna get broody and want another but we just can't afford it. And if we don't make it permanent I can see myself thinking of starting again in 10 or 20 years and I really don't wanna be looking after kids all my life x

B's lovely lady said:
Any news from Vm019??

How's everyone getting on? I've got my 24 wk appointment on thurs, is it here that they start to measure you? X

Not much to report here! Thought I was on my way on Sunday night but false alarm! Consultant appt today- cervix thinned out 1.5cm thick still , anterior, 2cm dilated... So they did a membrane sweep... Bp up so sent for 30min monitoring & all was well so sent on my way again! Another sweep booked for thurs morning, and induction date for next thurs but she doesn't think I'll get close to that!

Looking at my notes I got measured from 20weeks but guess everywhere differs!

Vm019 said:
Not much to report here! Thought I was on my way on Sunday night but false alarm! Consultant appt today- cervix thinned out 1.5cm thick still , anterior, 2cm dilated... So they did a membrane sweep... Bp up so sent for 30min monitoring & all was well so sent on my way again! Another sweep booked for thurs morning, and induction date for next thurs but she doesn't think I'll get close to that!

Looking at my notes I got measured from 20weeks but guess everywhere differs!

Oh no! I'd wondered if anything had happened after your last post!

sarah5298a1 said:
Just found out i'm pregnant with my second baby i'm about 6/7 weeks ish, and plan on attending my group through out my pregnancy, i put on over 6 stone with my last baby, not going there again, lost 6 and half stone since oct 2010 when i had my little boy. any advice welcome :) xxx

Congrats! Cant offer much advice as I've stuffed my face and done little exercise since I found out! Seem to be getting back into it all now as the sickness and tiredness is settling down. Just take each day as it comes and dont beat yourself up if you just cannot stomach anything sw friendly!

B's lovely lady said:
Glad your feeling better now. Some people are just so insensitive and dismissive!! Grrrrr!!! I don't know if somebody mentioned already but at your scan they measure the babys length (i thinnk) and it will bring up an exact date for you, and they disregard the date the midwife gave you at your booking in. Don't worry!! Hope you have your scan date soon! X

Sorry I've only just spotted this reply. Thanks for the advice. My community midwife really put my mind at ease after muppets at the hospital!

Back