Pregnancy and Slimming World

due the 3rd of October hun x

Ellebear said:
One week left for me!!! I've gained in total about 4 stone through my pregnancy.....not a great example but I have enjoyed it and have been attending class up to a few weeks ago - I rejoined at 26 weeks and only gained a stone in the last 13 weeks which I'm pretty impressed with.....!

It's only hard for me to say my actual gain as I gained half a stone on my honeymoon, then another half stone over Xmas and NY so as I fell pregnant in December I'm not really sure I had a chance to lose that extra stone.....if I can discount that gain I've only gained 3 stone!!!!

Congrats to all the new mums to be on here xxxx

Heres is my 39 week bump piccie!!!!

Oh u look glowing & fab! Beautiful pic! U certainly don't look like u have 4 st on!! I git weighed for epidural & had no idea how much I had on but think its now 5st going by that weight from prepreg- but I ate all around me when preg & decided to enjoy it as I've list the weight on sw b4 so can do it again!

Haven't weighed myself since but dying to know what I've lost so far! I've also lost my appetite compared to eating 24/7 during pregnancy!

Hopefully ur last week r so will fly in! :D worth every second of pregnancy & labour :D

Ellebear you look lovely on that pic! Positively glowing!

Thanks everyone - your comments are really supportive at a time when self esteem is pretty dismal :/

I'm hoping to lose a chunk of the gain once little one is here :) 6 days to due date.....!!!! Argh!!!!

If I looked as good as you Ellebear after 4st gain I'd be over the moon, hope your lo is on time x

Ellebear said:
One week left for me!!! I've gained in total about 4 stone through my pregnancy.....not a great example but I have enjoyed it and have been attending class up to a few weeks ago - I rejoined at 26 weeks and only gained a stone in the last 13 weeks which I'm pretty impressed with.....!

It's only hard for me to say my actual gain as I gained half a stone on my honeymoon, then another half stone over Xmas and NY so as I fell pregnant in December I'm not really sure I had a chance to lose that extra stone.....if I can discount that gain I've only gained 3 stone!!!!

Congrats to all the new mums to be on here xxxx

Heres is my 39 week bump piccie!!!!

You look fab elle!!!x

i never thought it would be possible for me to stick by slimming world throughout my pregnancy but i did ( most of the time ) lol

I gained 1stone lbs .... but i was already 2 stone over my desired weight lol i think i kept my gain low because i was really ill at the start and end and barely ate :( but im more than making up for it now :s lol

I gave birth to a healthy baby boy ( Levi ) weighing 7lb 6oz and i just adore him.

good luck on all your pregnancies ladies i wish you the best.

xx

Ok ladies apologies I need to vent and also ask for some impartial advice about work. I could quite happily spend all day complaining about it but will try and keep it brief. My job changed around feb time before I got pregnant and frankly it was cr@p from then on. I work shifts which are rubbish, I do a 40 hour week most weeks, some weeks I do six days with only one day off and have to work until late in the evening for long stretches on my own. Due to the shift pattern being pants and staff shortages etc I am working completely on my own at the moment being expected to do three peoples work. It is an environment I find very stressful. Its the kind of thing I could cope with before but now Im pregnant I dont need the stress. I really didnt wanna come into work today cos of it all.

I have spoken to my boss about it who is quite understanding but I am still on my own ? and I dont know how to make the situation less stessful. Part of my feels like I should tough it out. Ive always been a bit of a workaholic and feel now that maye I could be doing more myself to reduce stress. I also feel like there is little that work can do to improve the situation other than taking me off shift which I then feel bad about putting on the others here.

Id appreciate any thoughts or advice people have to offer. Do feel free to tell me to man up!!

Mrs CC said:
Ok ladies apologies I need to vent and also ask for some impartial advice about work. I could quite happily spend all day complaining about it but will try and keep it brief. My job changed around feb time before I got pregnant and frankly it was cr@p from then on. I work shifts which are rubbish, I do a 40 hour week most weeks, some weeks I do six days with only one day off and have to work until late in the evening for long stretches on my own. Due to the shift pattern being pants and staff shortages etc I am working completely on my own at the moment being expected to do three peoples work. It is an environment I find very stressful. Its the kind of thing I could cope with before but now Im pregnant I dont need the stress. I really didnt wanna come into work today cos of it all.

I have spoken to my boss about it who is quite understanding but I am still on my own ? and I dont know how to make the situation less stessful. Part of my feels like I should tough it out. Ive always been a bit of a workaholic and feel now that maye I could be doing more myself to reduce stress. I also feel like there is little that work can do to improve the situation other than taking me off shift which I then feel bad about putting on the others here.

Id appreciate any thoughts or advice people have to offer. Do feel free to tell me to man up!!

That doesn't sound good :( I def won't be telling you to man up!!

Firstly, even if you weren't pregnant you shouldn't be doing the job of 3 people!! You really need to be taking care of you and baby, that's your main priority not worrying about putting others out. Your manager/company have a duty of care to make sure that your capable of doing the job whilst pregnant and should adjust your shifts etc accordingly!! Personally I think you should speak to your manager again and tell him/her that you can't cope with their expectations of you whilst your pregnant. Take care and don't stress too much xx

hello again. just wondered if any of u ladies have any tips on snacking during pregnancy that don't send me off the scales apart from fruit which at the minute isn't satisfying me! i am alllllllways hungry. i wake up in the night for coco pops and i literally could eat my own arm most of the day. help me please :) k x

MrsCC you need to speak to your HR team or manager and explain how things stand and that they are unacceptable. Being busy is one thing but it's not just you now you have a little person inside to think about. Stress is terrible for you and you should reduce if at all costs.

I hope you get the situation resolved....if you have increased BP you could end up in hospital in the worst case scenario....so it's best for both you and your employer that you are not stressed! Of course I don't care much for your employer and your well being is the main concern here!!!!

Xxx

kayleigh.rebecca said:
hello again. just wondered if any of u ladies have any tips on snacking during pregnancy that don't send me off the scales apart from fruit which at the minute isn't satisfying me! i am alllllllways hungry. i wake up in the night for coco pops and i literally could eat my own arm most of the day. help me please :) k x

Snacks.....try making some cheesy topped pasta by using your extra hea choice of cheese...add bacon (fat removed) and some peppers and veggies.....

As I got further along in my pregnancy I had small little regular meals....this helped so I would have a banana on the way to work/first thing....then weetabix....small lunch....mid pm snack of more fruit....then a medium sized evening meal. Eating this regular I felt full.....! Not every day worked out like tht tho and I'm far from angelic!!!!

Other snack ideas - weetabix cake....do a search on here....! Carrots and salsa....!

Xxx

Ellebear said:
Snacks.....try making some cheesy topped pasta by using your extra hea choice of cheese...add bacon (fat removed) and some peppers and veggies.....

As I got further along in my pregnancy I had small little regular meals....this helped so I would have a banana on the way to work/first thing....then weetabix....small lunch....mid pm snack of more fruit....then a medium sized evening meal. Eating this regular I felt full.....! Not every day worked out like tht tho and I'm far from angelic!!!!

Other snack ideas - weetabix cake....do a search on here....! Carrots and salsa....!

Xxx

thanks a lot there's some great ideas. the pasta sounds great and may hopefully fill me up! and ill try the little often way too as im always on the go and always nibbling on something. thanks again x

I use some pasta with a little bit of stock, a dairylea or laughing cow triangle and mix all together n top with cheese x

Phew so glad this thread is on here! ive restarted slimming world today, we are trying to get pregnant but i need to lsoe weight and not put too much on whilst being pregnant! everyone in my family carry very big at least 2stone gain which is fine but im only short and dont want to get the diabetes associated with being over weight and pregnant! So im here for the long haul and will seek advice from my midwife and obviously off here too as i dont get time to attend a weekly class weekly!

snack wise i recommend those ryvitta wholemeal crackerbreads (6 for a HEB) and half a tub of low low spreadable cheese (half tub is a HEA). I go for the spicy one and its really filling :)

Slinkyson said:
Phew so glad this thread is on here! ive restarted slimming world today, we are trying to get pregnant but i need to lsoe weight and not put too much on whilst being pregnant! everyone in my family carry very big at least 2stone gain which is fine but im only short and dont want to get the diabetes associated with being over weight and pregnant! So im here for the long haul and will seek advice from my midwife and obviously off here too as i dont get time to attend a weekly class weekly!

Oo good luck! Im in my last week of pregnancy and I've been following sw :) everybody always comments on how my bump is so neat and that I don't look pregnant from behind! My midwife wasn't too keen on me being on sw because she said that "diets" weren't good while pregnant, but I've been absolutely fine because you can have double the amount of hex's :)

Good luck :)

Xxxx

Back