Pregnancy and Slimming World

silverviktor said:
I forgot to ask, does everyone have the recommended 2x A and B healthy extras?
Thanks
xx

Yes I tried to have the 4 each day but sometimes didn't manage it....often I would have a b choice, but then would have had veggies that were fibre rich so hoped it wouldn't be too bad.

Congrats on your news x

silverviktor said:
Hi everyone! Just found this thread!
I started Slimming world in January as we were going to start TTC and I wanted to be healthy. Due to working away I ony went for a month. We conceived in June and when I was 8+2 weeks I miscarried whilst on holiday in Scotland. We were/ are devastated. Its 5 weeks tomorrow since it happened. I did a pregnancy test 8 days afterwards and it was negative. I also had scans whilst at Scotland and the last one showed it had been a complete miscarriage. Since day 8 until Monday just gone I have done an ovulation test and had negative everyday. I was so chuffed on Monday when it was positive but then it was positive on Tue, Wed and Thur!! We had been making the most of my fertile time and TTC again. Anyway I thought the positive ov tests were strange so looked it up on the internet and someone said it may because your pregnant. I rushed to the shop and bought a clear blue pregnancy test (the one that tells you how far you are) and I said to my husband "i wont be pregnant ive not ovulated yet, you can look at the results while i jump in the shower", he then says "It says PREGNANT!!!!!"
We were so shocked, we did the second one and it was the same. It says we conceived 2-3 weeks ago which will mean im 4-5 weeks pregnant!!
We are amazed, scared, over the moon all in one!
I went to my doctors on Friday and he said Are you sure you miscarried last time? I said yes 100%, it was horrific!
Anyway....my husband and I joined Slimming world 3 weeks ago to try to get healthy so when conceived again i would be healthier. Ive lost 8lbs in 2 weeks. I told my Slimming World Consultant on Thursday and she said Im fine to carry on whilst Im pregnant.
Im really pleased about this as my BMI is already 32 so I want to try to prevent piling on the stones.
Im so happy and I hope I can keep this way of eating up throughout the pregnancy. It will be our first baby so we dont know what to expect! I just cant wait to get past the 12 weeks stage
Good luck to everyone. This is a great thread! Im looking forward to following everyones journeys
xxx

Wow congratulations. I'm so sorry for your previous loss. I am also 5 weeks :) and so far have managed to stick to plan (with the exception of last night) I have an underactive thyroid and with my daughter I piled on the weight ao I'm hoping this time I can stick to plan!! X

silverviktor said:
I started Slimming world in January as we were going to start TTC and I wanted to be healthy. Due to working away I ony went for a month. We conceived in June and when I was 8+2 weeks I miscarried whilst on holiday in Scotland. We were/ are devastated. Its 5 weeks tomorrow since it happened. I did a pregnancy test 8 days afterwards and it was negative. I also had scans whilst at Scotland and the last one showed it had been a complete miscarriage. Since day 8 until Monday just gone I have done an ovulation test and had negative everyday. I was so chuffed on Monday when it was positive but then it was positive on Tue, Wed and Thur!! We had been making the most of my fertile time and TTC again. Anyway I thought the positive ov tests were strange so looked it up on the internet and someone said it may because your pregnant. I rushed to the shop and bought a clear blue pregnancy test (the one that tells you how far you are) and I said to my husband "i wont be pregnant ive not ovulated yet, you can look at the results while i jump in the shower", he then says "It says PREGNANT!!!!!"
We were so shocked, we did the second one and it was the same. It says we conceived 2-3 weeks ago which will mean im 4-5 weeks pregnant!!
I went to my doctors on Friday and he said Are you sure you miscarried last time? I said yes 100%, it was horrific!
Anyway....my husband and I joined Slimming world 3 weeks ago to try to get healthy so when conceived again i would be healthier. Ive lost 8lbs in 2 weeks. I told my Slimming World Consultant on Thursday and she said Im fine to carry on whilst Im pregnant.
Im really pleased about this as my BMI is already 32 so I want to try to prevent piling on the stones.
Im so happy and I hope I can keep this way of eating up throughout the pregnancy. It will be our first baby so we dont know what to expect! I just cant wait to get past the 12 weeks stage
Good luck to everyone. This is a great thread! Im looking forward to following everyones journeys
xxx

Congratulations!! You must be thrilled!! Sorry about your loss too, it must have been so hard x

Ellebear said:
That will ruin the return of Dallas for me! Haha x

Don't be expecting to watch much tv lol :D

I'm hoping it's less than 11days like me! It's tough going over ur due date but believe me when folk say rest & sleep as much as u can - this is sound advice! Do it :D

Oh that means u'll b holding ur precious little bundle very very soon & nothing could prepare u for such an amazing feeling!

Hi girls, a little advice really... I started slimming world last nov or early dec anyhow until now I've lost 2 stone and to get to goal of like to lose another 2 stone. Well at 5 weeks pregnant we've told a few people (close friends and family) and they have all told me not to bother with slimmimg world anymore cause "I'll just get fat" anyway :( its a bit disheartening really as since I foun out its given me the kick up the bum to be really healthy for my baby. Should I just tell people I've given up slimmimg world to keep them off my back or just change the subject. The only truly supportive person is my husband as he sees on a daily basis what and how much i eat. Have 3 good meals a day plus snacks normally of fruit and yogurt have all my h ex and I always eat at the very least 10 syns a day!! I just feel too tired to keep explaining myself :( x

Hi, i joined last september and have lost nearly 2st since. i joined due to fact my knees were bad and when we started trying and i got pregnant id need to have lost a load of weight. i told everyone that if i was pregnant i would continue to stay at sw till i had and rejoin straight after. i had several who were like 'dont do it, why bother?' i would just say because i want to and its a safe way to keep my weight gain as low as possible. and last i checked it was my body not yours.. lol! that worked with some people but others i had to have a bit more tact. (mother mainly - she was hating it when i was feeding my DD as she never did me she just wanted me to bottle feed-not very supportive as you can tell!)
i'm not following strictly but i'm not over eating.. ive started wanting more meat and potatoes so roasts are more on the table, cottage pies, etc but they are all sw recipes. i'm trying to keep my eating to a minimum but having everything i need, extra milk/cheese, breakfast and bread. and having my 10+ syns. dont be too strict but dont take the mick and hopefully your 'gain' (hate saying gain as its only a bump) wont be too bad. crossed fingers. :)
Take care and i hope you get some more support, not just from your hubby! :)

Okay gang today is my due date.....bets are now being taken for how long over I will go ;) xx

i could be mean and say over 2 weeks like i did but i reckon a week. crossed fingers you dont go that long... :)

xxx

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!! and again so sorry to hear about your loss!

Well done on your weightloss so far that's fab!

i'm trying to have all 4 extras but not always successfully, i am having both a's as i need it for the calcium for my arthritis. with my last pregnancy i drank so much milk, almost a pt a day, dont think that is a good sw idea! ;)

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!! and again so sorry to hear about your loss!

Well done on your weightloss so far that's fab!

i'm trying to have all 4 extras but not always successfully, i am having both a's as i need it for the calcium for my arthritis. with my last pregnancy i drank so much milk, almost a pt a day, dont think that is a good sw idea! ;)

Thank you xx

Oabab that's excellent has your weight changed much whilst being pregnant? Do you attend a weekly class too? I know you can extra calcium
But didn't know about the B's too that's good to know :) can't wait to get pregnant! I've got a bad water infection at the mo so it's a no go at present I'll get to docs the then be fine I'm sure :) xx

natzta said:
Hi, i joined last september and have lost nearly 2st since. i joined due to fact my knees were bad and when we started trying and i got pregnant id need to have lost a load of weight. i told everyone that if i was pregnant i would continue to stay at sw till i had and rejoin straight after. i had several who were like 'dont do it, why bother?' i would just say because i want to and its a safe way to keep my weight gain as low as possible. and last i checked it was my body not yours.. lol! that worked with some people but others i had to have a bit more tact. (mother mainly - she was hating it when i was feeding my DD as she never did me she just wanted me to bottle feed-not very supportive as you can tell!)
i'm not following strictly but i'm not over eating.. ive started wanting more meat and potatoes so roasts are more on the table, cottage pies, etc but they are all sw recipes. i'm trying to keep my eating to a minimum but having everything i need, extra milk/cheese, breakfast and bread. and having my 10+ syns. dont be too strict but dont take the mick and hopefully your 'gain' (hate saying gain as its only a bump) wont be too bad. crossed fingers. :)
Take care and i hope you get some more support, not just from your hubby! :)

Hi thanks very much for your reply. My mom is being pretty great but she's in Zimbabwe and is supportive only by text. Falling pregnant scuppers my plans to go home to her :( I'm not being awfully strict with myself. I have exactly the same as I did before and everything is SW meals but ive got a thing for chips at the moment :) we are having lots of chips chips chips :) x

1 week tomorrow till my due date! anybody else fed up :)?

can't wait to get back into my clothes! how much did people lose in the first month of dieting after baby?
i'm planning on breast feeding and apparently you get your figure back quicker :clap:

xx

FionaMcd said:
Hi thanks very much for your reply. My mom is being pretty great but she's in Zimbabwe and is supportive only by text. Falling pregnant scuppers my plans to go home to her :( I'm not being awfully strict with myself. I have exactly the same as I did before and everything is SW meals but ive got a thing for chips at the moment :) we are having lots of chips chips chips :) x

Ah that's a bugger! Bet your mum is chuffed thou. A gran kid! Sorry meant to ask is it your first or second? My mum has gone from one extreme to the other (miserable cos her free home care for oap has got preg to extastic!) but she was manic with my pregnancy with DD. lol! Mustn't grumble! ;)
Glad your doing what is best for you and what that is is what you've been doing! Really need to take that advice myself. Haha!
My downfall at the mo is crisps. Mainly prawn cocktail. Oh so good but oh so bad!!!! Hehe!

Back