Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi guys, can I join please. Just found out that I am pregnent with my second, yikes a little bit brinkin' it now!

Hey welcome and congratulations, i found out i was pregnant 2 weeks ago too x

Last edited:
Hi folks, cud I join pls? Found out 2wks ago I'm pregnant wif my 1st! I'm both excited and terrified! lol! Really hopin 2 keep my weight gain 2 a minimum while stayin as healthy as poss 4 me n the little 'un. Any tips on copin wif nausea wud b much appreciated! So much 4 "mornin" sickness as it seems 2 effect me most in the afternoon n evenin! lol!

Hi folks, cud I join pls? Found out 2wks ago I'm pregnant wif my 1st! I'm both excited and terrified! lol! Really hopin 2 keep my weight gain 2 a minimum while stayin as healthy as poss 4 me n the little 'un. Any tips on copin wif nausea wud b much appreciated! So much 4 "mornin" sickness as it seems 2 effect me most in the afternoon n evenin! lol!

I haven't got nausea yet *touch wood* but last time I suffered terriably with it and ginger helped me (ginger ale, ginger biscuits) also try the travel sickness bands you can purchase them in your local pharmacy!

I haven't got nausea yet *touch wood* but last time I suffered terriably with it and ginger helped me (ginger ale, ginger biscuits) also try the travel sickness bands you can purchase them in your local pharmacy!

I haven't had any sickness this time either. With my daughter I was very sick right from 8 weeks till delivery :( very bad heartburn this time though

I'm 38 weeks pregnant today!! Can't believe my due date is only 2 weeks away, still doesn't seem real, I'm gonna be a mother of two!!! Not had an signs yet really, been having braxton hicks for weeks but they have got a little stronger I think but then I may be imagining it!!! I'm superduper knackered though, Freddie's in nursery for 6 hours tomorrow do looking forward to resting a bit & may do some batch cooking for the freezer if I can be bothered!xx

I'm 38 weeks pregnant today!! Can't believe my due date is only 2 weeks away, still doesn't seem real, I'm gonna be a mother of two!!! Not had an signs yet really, been having braxton hicks for weeks but they have got a little stronger I think but then I may be imagining it!!! I'm superduper knackered though, Freddie's in nursery for 6 hours tomorrow do looking forward to resting a bit & may do some batch cooking for the freezer if I can be bothered!xx

Ekk! Not long for you! Batch cooking is a great idea. Another 10 left for me. Please hurry up! I want to start maternity leave lol x

Last edited:
how exciting..two weeks till you meet your baby....im 21 weeks and it seems a life time away until im due!!

take the time now to sleep for these two weeks is my advice especially if you have a toddler at home as well.. you can get yourself some sleep reserves in!!

Hi thanx 4 the travel band trip I'm def gona get that 2moro cos anythin's worth a try! I aven't found ginger biscuits much help 2 b honest, a friend recommended hobnobs cos the oats shud keep yer blood sugar on an even keel but I aven't got round 2 tryin them yet! Lol!

I'm 10 weeks and throwing up once a day. I'm not following SW at all but hopefully will once my stomach goes back to normal

Hi ladies...I've been a hoverer on this site for a long time, I've posted a few times but never really got involved. I've done lots of diets in my time and last year I managed to lose 4 stone using slimfast and eating very healthily as well as excercising a lot.

I've discovered that I'm expecting number 4. Wasn't planned but my partner is over the moon, I'm getting used to the idea more and more each day. It's early days and I'm sure when I see the little one for the first time when I have a scan tomorrow it will be more real....

Anyway...as I say I lost 4stone last year. I met my new partner and gained around 7lb through going out and just enjoying ourselves. The diet went out of the window and now I'm Keith Cheggers I've braved the scales and I'm a stone heavier than I was when I met him. I really don't want to become a big whale in this pregnancy, I have big birth weight babies so really want to be careful what I eat. sooooooooo I'm thinking of joining SW next week when all the clubs are back to normal... I've not read back in previous posts so excuse if you're going to be repeating yourselves, does the eating plan work as it would if you wasn't pregnant?

Hi ladies...I've been a hoverer on this site for a long time, I've posted a few times but never really got involved. I've done lots of diets in my time and last year I managed to lose 4 stone using slimfast and eating very healthily as well as excercising a lot.

I've discovered that I'm expecting number 4. Wasn't planned but my partner is over the moon, I'm getting used to the idea more and more each day. It's early days and I'm sure when I see the little one for the first time when I have a scan tomorrow it will be more real....

Anyway...as I say I lost 4stone last year. I met my new partner and gained around 7lb through going out and just enjoying ourselves. The diet went out of the window and now I'm Keith Cheggers I've braved the scales and I'm a stone heavier than I was when I met him. I really don't want to become a big whale in this pregnancy, I have big birth weight babies so really want to be careful what I eat. sooooooooo I'm thinking of joining SW next week when all the clubs are back to normal... I've not read back in previous posts so excuse if you're going to be repeating yourselves, does the eating plan work as it would if you wasn't pregnant?

Congrats and good luck for your scan tomorrow, I agree it never seems real until the scan!! They recommend you do extra easy plan and you get an extra healthy extra a and b, you should ask your consultant for a pregnancy leaflet when you join xx

Congrats and good luck for your scan tomorrow, I agree it never seems real until the scan!! They recommend you do extra easy plan and you get an extra healthy extra a and b, you should ask your consultant for a pregnancy leaflet when you join xx

Thank you. yes it certainly does, it's for that reason we are having a private scan. I'm only about 8wks and it's my partners first, he's very excited and I'm just going through the motions as I've done it a few times before lol. I probably sound an ole misery guts, I'm not I'm just dreading the weight gain ;-)

I haven't had any sickness this time either. With my daughter I was very sick right from 8 weeks till delivery :( very bad heartburn this time though

I had really bad nausea and sickness with Charles right through and especially at the end it was direr nothing stayed down. The midwifes were like 'have bland food' I did it's brought up in the bowl next to you ;) I also brought up all fluids as well! I had extremely bad heart burn and have a hatred for gaviston even now. My heartburn at present is a niggle but something that is not to bad luckily.

aw wow, won't be long. Sod the cooking do lots of sleeping ;) My son is only 16 months and no nursery and I am also at the end of my degree but only have to go part time luckily!

Back