Pregnancy and Slimming World

Talking of scans my husband announced yesterday he couldnt get out of work tomorrow so it looks like all the children will be coming with me tomorrow to my scan! Luckily its only to check the placenta so should be finished quick but their gonna cause havoc not looking forward to that!

Ladies - would you mind if I join your group? Just found out I am pregnant, waiting on Beta HCG results to confirm all looks well but in the meantime I am going to have a positive mental attitude and assume all is well and work on keeping my weight in check. Lost 3st with slimming work but over the course of the last year I have put back on about a stone of it - been on a slippery slope. I still go to class every week and am on the social team so never miss a session if I can help it. Have been out for the last three weeks as this is my busy season but will be back next Monday.

Anyway, need all the enouragement I can get to keep on track. Have started over today.

Hi! Welcome n congrats on yer pregnancy! As u can c we all generally take it 1 day at a time n just try the best we can 2 stick 2 plan - which doesn't always work! lol! The support on here's fantastic no matter how yer feelin or how well yer doin wif stayin on plan :)

On a good note i have had 100% sw day and my body is thanking me for it but cant say i enjoyed it, really wanted white bread but as there was non left had no choice but to stay on plan :) x

We cud make this in2 a "feature" - givin a positive thing each day...watcha all think?

My positive 4 2day is that it's my 2nd day of bein 100% on plan n altho I'm not gona pretend it was easy I certainly feel better 4 it! :D

Hi girls - I've not been on here in a couple of weeks (been on the naughty step). Im now 16wks into my twin pregnancy and after staying on plan and only gaining 2lbs in the first trimester I've eaten rubbish for a few weeks and packed on another 7lbs!
Have frightened myself with this gain to get me back on plan. Im not going back to class though - getting a bit narked about paying for someone to tell me I've put on weight! My consultant doesn't really know much about the preggers plan and as they won't say anything negative about a gain don't really feel its much of an incentive. Think a self kick up the @rse is more effective. Anyway after 20wks I'll be seen every 2 weeks by either community or hospital midwife who can weigh me then.
Looking for a 100% day today.
How's everyone else doing?

Rach

Congratulations! Well done on the PMA too, it's the bit I'm finding the hardest...

I'm 11 weeks with our first and I'm still not quite convinced that its real! Took us ages to fall pregnant but it happened in the end while I was in the process of losing weight for IVF, I'd lost nearly 6 stone and had 2 stone to go when we got our happy news. To say it was a surprise was an understatement as we'd been told by the fertility clinic that a natural pregnancy was very unlikely!

I'm waiting on my 12 week scan next tues and trying to keep positive and happy but it's been hard as I'm so scared about something going wrong. I'm not adding my due date to the list yet in case I jinx anything, will add it next week when I will hopefully have my proper due date if all is well :) xxx

Wow!! What an absolutely amazing weightloss. Congratulations! So happy for you that you had a natural pregnancy - that's such a fab result :D

Wow!! Everyone here is so welcoming. Loving it already!! So glad I found you all.

Rach - looks like you will get more support here. Shame your consultant isn't much use - a good consultant makes all the difference.

Had my first beta HCG Monday and result just came in, Doc said they were lower than expected at 236. Back next Monday for comparison bloods. I was 5w1d on day blood was drawn if going by LMP but as I have long cycles I suspect I was closer to 4w. Anyone else had lower than expected HCG?

I know i feel better when im on plan but i find it hard at the moment to find the willpower to stay off the rubbish! I know my pump has grown loads in the last 2 weeks which makes me feel better but babies have probebly only gained 1/2 lb between them so can't blame them!!

Had my first beta HCG Monday and result just came in, Doc said they were lower than expected at 236. Back next Monday for comparison bloods. I was 5w1d on day blood was drawn if going by LMP but as I have long cycles I suspect I was closer to 4w. Anyone else had lower than expected HCG?

Sorry can't help as my doc doesn't do tests -they just tell you to home test. I wasn't seen by my doc until nearly 18 weeks either!

Good luck for your next set of tests xo

Well last night was fun! Went to my daughter's P1 info night (about her starting school in Sep) & we were all sat on top of each other. I could feel myself cooking! The headmaster who knows me from nursery runs was watching me. He suddenly jumped up & appeared with water for me. I couldn't cool down at all so decided to abandon the OH to stay & listen & I left in the middle. One of the classroom assistants & the head followed me out. I could only apologise & just wanted to go home. I only live about 6/8 doors away from the school but the head made the PTA lady walk me home. Luckily I know her too. They thought I didn't look great.
My mom just laughed when I got in as we both suffer IBS normally so situations like that aren't easy for me anyways. I didn't sleep great & very tired today. Thankfully OH took DD to nursery & they were asking him how I was.
I've to pick her up at 11.20 though *mortified*

I've had chicken salad for breakfast; strawberries with yogurt & a drink of diluted juice so feeling a wee bit better. Decided not to go out to tots today as I think I'm doing too much. Just don't feel 'right' & I really feel like I need to rest so day at home it is.

Apart from that I'm ok, not sick really, on plan etc :)

I know i feel better when im on plan but i find it hard at the moment to find the willpower to stay off the rubbish! I know my pump has grown loads in the last 2 weeks which makes me feel better but babies have probebly only gained 1/2 lb between them so can't blame them!!

Bump not pump!

Hiya girls, I've been following this thread for a while now and really enjoyed reading it. I'm 10 weeks today and I was at target weight with ww, I've put on about 2lb since I got my bfp. This is my third baby and I've a quick question as I know I'm intruding on a slimming world thread, sorry!!

My question is for the moms either pregnant with their third or fourth. I'm at my slimist with this pregnancy (a size 12 @ 5ft 8) and I am huge. My bump is showing already. With my last 2 I didn't show till well into 4months. I was bloated but that seems to have subsided and now I can't hide I'm pregnant. Did anyone else show this soon??

Sorry again for intruding!

Laura x:thankyou:

Hiya girls, I've been following this thread for a while now and really enjoyed reading it. I'm 10 weeks today and I was at target weight with ww, I've put on about 2lb since I got my bfp. This is my third baby and I've a quick question as I know I'm intruding on a slimming world thread, sorry!!

My question is for the moms either pregnant with their third or fourth. I'm at my slimist with this pregnancy (a size 12 @ 5ft 8) and I am huge. My bump is showing already. With my last 2 I didn't show till well into 4months. I was bloated but that seems to have subsided and now I can't hide I'm pregnant. Did anyone else show this soon??

Sorry again for intruding!

Laura x:thankyou:

Hi laura

Welcome (your certainly not intruding everybody is welcome) as and congratulations on your baby news

This is my second pregnancy and showed much quicker....literally by 8 weeks my gut stuck out. I too was at target weight of size 10-12 5ft 8 and 10stone 5lbs so definstely had no belly before pregnancy lol.

One minute nothing next my belly popped out straight away. Xx

Hi laura

Welcome (your certainly not intruding everybody is welcome) as and congratulations on your baby news

This is my second pregnancy and showed much quicker....literally by 8 weeks my gut stuck out. I too was at target weight of size 10-12 5ft 8 and 10stone 5lbs so definstely had no belly before pregnancy lol.

One minute nothing next my belly popped out straight away. Xx

Thanks so much for the reply. I was trying to keep it a secret till 12 weeks, but I've a family gathering on Friday and no matter what I try on me and hubby think its obvious

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I feel like I know you all as I have been lurking and reading all your posts for a while. I am 11weeks preggo and have not said hi before as this is my 3rd pregnancy and have suffered two miscarriages before. Fingers crossed this one is sticky! So far I am a pound lighter than when I found out and trying my hardest to stick to plan! Looking forward to chatting with you all

Kez x

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I feel like I know you all as I have been lurking and reading all your posts for a while. I am 11weeks preggo and have not said hi before as this is my 3rd pregnancy and have suffered two miscarriages before. Fingers crossed this one is sticky! So far I am a pound lighter than when I found out and trying my hardest to stick to plan! Looking forward to chatting with you all

Kez x

Hi Kez!

Congratulations ;-) welcome...

Xx

Back