Pregnancy and Slimming World

I am now 34 weeks pregnant and finishing work two weeks on Friday (currently only work Monday Wednesday and Friday anyway so not many shifts left now)

Restless leg has gone yey but I started taking iron tablets a week ago....went to midwife and she actually told me off for not taking them when prescribed because of possible anemic labour complication I could get even thou I did discuss not taking them with doctor who said it was fine not too if I didn't want too.

Have actively been taking my lactolose to counter balance the iron so fingers crossed still going every other day :). Lovely!! Haha!!

Apart from chronic heartburn, back ache and tiredness I am muddling through quite well

Hope ur all doing well too xx

Updated list below.....

Concerned that I am up next :)

Laura - 30th June
Slinky son around 5th July (will have confirmation next fri)
Allimack - 10th August
Mama - 17th Oct (don't actually have my date so this can change in 3 weeks at my scan)
Bunny - 29th october

Aw don't be concerned hun, b glad yer meetin yer baby soon. I'm a bit jealous cos I'v got so long left 2 go! lol!

Is this yer 1st?

:( I put 4 1/2 on this week! I have never put so much on before. Needless to say I've read my books & made a shopping list etc. Diet starts again tomorrow :)

No lol 2nd.... Don't know what's worse not knowing what to expect of labour or knowing exactly what's coming haha :-D x

I kno wat u mean hun! This is my 1st but I'v heard enuf horror stories from my friends bout labour 2 b concerned. I keep tellin myself that each birth/person is different tho so I'm TRYIN 2 think as positively as poss n hopin it'll go ok! lol! :D

:( I put 4 1/2 on this week! I have never put so much on before. Needless to say I've read my books & made a shopping list etc. Diet starts again tomorrow :)

Uck try not 2 b 2 disheartened hun cos u aven't been well...I'm sure it'l fly off once yer feelin 100% better n back on track xx

We can start together tommorrow, i have been off plan since thursday and suffering for it now. Will see the damage tomorrow when i weigh in x

Laura - 30th June
Slinky son around 5th July (will have confirmation next fri)
Safia - 16th July
Allimack - 10th August
Mama - 17th Oct (don't actually have my date so this can change in 3 weeks at my scan)
Bunny - 29th october

I'v been pretty much off plan all w/end cos of my cousin's weddin do n stayin wif my parents so I'l gladly join u ladies in tryin (yet again!) 2 stick 2 plan! I only seem 2 b able 2 manage a few days at a time 4 sum reason! lol! I'v been 100% 2day so far tho - only had 1/2syn n still ave 1/2HXB left 4 an Aplen light which I'm gona ave wif a cuppa b4 bed....

I'v been pretty much off plan all w/end cos of my cousin's weddin do n stayin wif my parents so I'l gladly join u ladies in tryin (yet again!) 2 stick 2 plan! I only seem 2 b able 2 manage a few days at a time 4 sum reason! lol! I'v been 100% 2day so far tho - only had 1/2syn n still ave 1/2HXB left 4 an Aplen light which I'm gona ave wif a cuppa b4 bed....

Yea i'm sure we can do it and even if we fall off plan we can restart again. Having trouble with my group again, i rejoined my old group and asked c if everything will be transferred to her now that i have rejoined her group and she said yes so i said ok i come to you for holidays and she said yes. I emailed her yesterday to put me as shift worker and she emailed back yes she would but i just had an email now saying no she cant as my details are not on her system and with the other consultant and to transfer me back to her she would need my card. I'm pretty pissed off now because only last week she implied i was transferred over and this week i cant get to a group because of my husbands working hours:mad: Just wanna pack in the groups!

Yea i'm sure we can do it and even if we fall off plan we can restart again. Having trouble with my group again, i rejoined my old group and asked c if everything will be transferred to her now that i have rejoined her group and she said yes so i said ok i come to you for holidays and she said yes. I emailed her yesterday to put me as shift worker and she emailed back yes she would but i just had an email now saying no she cant as my details are not on her system and with the other consultant and to transfer me back to her she would need my card. I'm pretty pissed off now because only last week she implied i was transferred over and this week i cant get to a group because of my husbands working hours:mad: Just wanna pack in the groups!

U really seem 2 ave bad luck wif consultants n groups hun. I'v never done the group thing just always done it from home but it sounds like they make it way 2 complicated! lol!

My first ever group was the best but i had to leave it because we moved towns and now these 2 groups have been crap and i'm someone that needs to go through group for some support as i find it difficult to stick to at home. My husbands new working hours have thrown a spanner into things but the c's are very disorganised and i feel i dont get the support that should be given so gonna have a word with my hubby and see what he says, might have to try and do sw from home until baby is here because i really dont want the hassle right now! Lol i sound like a moany child today x

Don't worry bout soundin "moany" hun, that's part of wat we'r all here 4! lol!

I always had the willpower 2 SW from home but ave found it much harder since becoming pregnant. Espec since my work colleagues r constantly naggin me bout how I'm "starving my baby" when I'm stickin 2 plan but they just don't understand how SW works or how I feel bout my weight issues :(

SW is much harder to follow during pregnancy but the way i see it is is being a bit good and being on sw is a lot better than not being on plan at all. I know what you mean by nagging people that we are starving baby, only last month another mum outside my daughters nursery overheard me talking to another mummy about going back to sw and she was horrified, i did try to tell her i wont be starving myself, i will just be eating more healthy with my usual treats but she was having non of it. If this was my first baby i would have been pretty upset as i wasnt used to things like this then but now i just shrug and say whatever and move on. That mummy doesnt talk much to me now anymore:D x

Sounds like u'v had a lucky escape from her anyway! lol!

It does upset me sumtimes cos these people ave all had kids n this is my 1st so they just assume I kno nothing at all n they kno best! Anyway sod them n sod yer awkward consultant - we'l all stick 2gether on here n try 2 ave as many good days as poss n make each other feel better when we ave bad days! :D

We can do it!

I'm fed up of 'exercise to stay fit' - 'don't exercise it's dangerous'
'keep your weight down' - 'just eat cake your pregnant'
'your awful small for 4 months' - 'you sure it's not twins'

Arghhhhh! I actually gave a cheeky response to my sister's (much older) sister inlaw when she kept going on about how big I am & was I sure it wasn't twins. I actually said 'well you look wonderful too'. My mom had to shoo me on as I was ready to explode at her. Cheeky bi**h!

OMG I think I need to start doing my weekly shop online, i really wanted to smash my basket around peoples Heads!!! Before being pregnant I really didn't take any notice of ignorant people banging into me etc, but now you really are more aware and see how people behave! When food shopping people seem to go off into their own little world, completely lose all self awareness and common sense!!!! For example two trolleys next to each other in an isle I new I wasn't going to fit between them so when I asked one to move you should have seen her reaction you'd of thought Id asked to run round naked or something! Absolutely disgusting! It has certainly made me more aware and I will be sure to always give way!

OMG I think I need to start doing my weekly shop online, i really wanted to smash my basket around peoples Heads!!! Before being pregnant I really didn't take any notice of ignorant people banging into me etc, but now you really are more aware and see how people behave! When food shopping people seem to go off into their own little world, completely lose all self awareness and common sense!!!! For example two trolleys next to each other in an isle I new I wasn't going to fit between them so when I asked one to move you should have seen her reaction you'd of thought Id asked to run round naked or something! Absolutely disgusting! It has certainly made me more aware and I will be sure to always give way!

Lol, I'm bad I just shove them out of the way when they are rude. Prams are great for ramming ankles too!

Shoving trolleys, not people btw

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Lol, I'm bad I just shove them out of the way when they are rude. Prams are great for ramming ankles too!

Shoving trolleys, not people btw

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Lol my Hubbie bangs the trolleys out the way too. People who shove at pregnant women deserve a good telling off!! X

I shove theirs trolleys too but they looks they give you stinks! It's a seriously big nearer of mine but like say never really noticed before! Can't wait till she's here then I can go pram shoving those ankles haha

Back