Pregnancy and Slimming World

Can anyone shed some light on this query! I'm going into my 33rd week, and parents have bought us a pram which we have in our conservatory it isn't set up yet but I've been told its bad luck to have it in your house before the birth!!!! Has anyone heard this??!??

Never heard it! I'm not superstitious though (although pregnancy is bringing it out in me it seems and it's annoying me!) so I tend to ignore stuff like that when people say it. I would go with do what's best for you, if it bothers you could keep it at someone else's house? I could imagine that being impractical though and I bet you'll want to have a play with it set up before littley comes so you know how everything works ready for her arrival.

I wouldn't think think there's anything in it though, it'll be like all the other old wives tales we get told I would imagine :) x

I have had such a good day today :) I had my private gender scan -baby wouldn't play ball at first so I had to go for a walk & drink water but it moved so we got some pictures but couldn't get 4d thanks to my placenta :( Went into the city to stroll around the continental market & then in to Nandos for lunch with my OH. Thanks to my illness & anxiety over the last year, it's been nearly a full year since I've managed to go as far as the city & about 2 years since I've eaten out. Very happy with today :)

Glad your scan went well and the day in general. Little things like that are a huge victory when you have suffered with depression/anxiety :) x

I've had a pram in my house every pregnancy. I didn't have supportive parents who'd store it for me.

Missy, hey Hun. Tuesday will be fine honestly. It will look like a proper little person, it's gorgeous to see how busy baby has been.

It's so weird to think that in less than two days I'll know whether I still have a baby! I know it should irrational but I still can't quite believe it, like they'll do the scan and it won't be there or something will have happened and its all a big mistake. Been having the most horrible dreams, I'll be glad when its over! x

Never heard it! I'm not superstitious though (although pregnancy is bringing it out in me it seems and it's annoying me!) so I tend to ignore stuff like that when people say it. I would go with do what's best for you, if it bothers you could keep it at someone else's house? I could imagine that being impractical though and I bet you'll want to have a play with it set up before littley comes so you know how everything works ready for her arrival.

I wouldn't think think there's anything in it though, it'll be like all the other old wives tales we get told I would imagine :) x

I've googled it and it says its an old wives tale! Plus people who go on to have their 2nd, 3rd and so on child that they already have their pram from their previous pregnancy! I find it odd that you should t have a pram in the house! Yet you can buy all sorts like nursery furniture and baby clothes!! But like you say got to do what's best for us eh :) xx

It's so weird to think that in less than two days I'll know whether I still have a baby! I know it should irrational but I still can't quite believe it, like they'll do the scan and it won't be there or something will have happened and its all a big mistake. Been having the most horrible dreams, I'll be glad when its over! x

Wishing you loads of luck and best wishes! I know how your feeling my appt is the day after yours - hopefully we will both be a able to relax x x x

Room for another one????? I've lost 8.5st with Sw and want to minimise weight gain this time.

I'm due on the 20th January. This is my last baby ( I said this last time but I really mean it). I'm just turning 6 weeks and embarking on morning sickness.

Hoping everything is ok. Wishing you all a happy healthy pg. x

Hiya and welcome. Congratulations on your pregnancy x
Lol i said my 3rd baby was my last one and here i am 32 weeks gone with number 4! x

Can anyone shed some light on this query! I'm going into my 33rd week, and parents have bought us a pram which we have in our conservatory it isn't set up yet but I've been told its bad luck to have it in your house before the birth!!!! Has anyone heard this??!??
I had my pram in the house before my 1st was born but hubby wouldnt set up her moses basket until she was home!

Wishing you loads of luck and best wishes! I know how your feeling my appt is the day after yours - hopefully we will both be a able to relax x x x

Hope these last few days till your scan go fast and you can enjoy your pregnancies with a little less worry and stress x

I have had such a good day today :) I had my private gender scan -baby wouldn't play ball at first so I had to go for a walk & drink water but it moved so we got some pictures but couldn't get 4d thanks to my placenta :( Went into the city to stroll around the continental market & then in to Nandos for lunch with my OH. Thanks to my illness & anxiety over the last year, it's been nearly a full year since I've managed to go as far as the city & about 2 years since I've eaten out. Very happy with today :)
Aww glad to hear you've had a good day today and seen baby x

I am suffering now, need to stop eating the junk and drinking orange juice (just craving it like mad), indigestion and heartburn has started so baby must be big enough to be squashing my stomach! Also dreading weigh in this week :(

Hi all. Just a fly by. Didn't want to read and run. Hope everyone I have a good day. Welcome to our new members. Good luck for the upcoming scans.

I'll take some time to catch up properly over the next day or two ;)

Thanks hun, same to you! Hoping for good news for both of us xxx

I've googled it and it says its an old wives tale! Plus people who go on to have their 2nd, 3rd and so on child that they already have their pram from their previous pregnancy! I find it odd that you should t have a pram in the house! Yet you can buy all sorts like nursery furniture and baby clothes!! But like you say got to do what's best for us eh :) xx

Thought it would be! I hate old wives tales, all they do is frighten people and the last thing you need when you're pregnant is more things to be fearful of. Practical thinking is the way forward, you're totally right - why would you not have a pram but clothes etc! ;) xxx

Hiya and welcome. Congratulations on your pregnancy x
Lol i said my 3rd baby was my last one and here i am 32 weeks gone with number 4! x

Hi thanks for the welcome. Number 5 for me eeek! 4 is socially acceptable. I've entered the realms of crazy patenting.
4 is a great number! Not long to go now, final stretch. :)

Hi thanks for the welcome. Number 5 for me eeek! 4 is socially acceptable. I've entered the realms of crazy patenting.

Wow! 5? :eek: I am scared about adding number two to the mix lol. And it's taken me five years to get there. That's fantastic though - fair dues to you.How long have you got now?

Well, I have my next hcg beta test this evening, should have results for Wednesday morning. Hoping to see some good doubling every 36-48 hours (give or take).

Not sure if I posted any of this already: I did another pregnancy test for comfort and the test was stronger than the control line so was very happy about that. Early on in my pregnancy I had disappearing lines on my test so that left me nervous - every day the tests got lighter and lighter until it almost disappeared (I used same brand and FMU for each) so have been a bit crazier than is normal for me.

Spend yesterday doing the garden, it looks great now. But as we were out all day cutting and weeding I didn't really eat properly and just snacked on whatever was to hand so not great SW wise. The rest of the week has been excellent. First weight in again tomorrow after missing too many classes, sigh

Lol its crazy with 3 here so have no idea how much more crazy it will be with number 4, especially 4 under 5s! Hope your having a better day with your morning sickness today x

Well, I have my next hcg beta test this evening, should have results for Wednesday morning. Hoping to see some good doubling every 36-48 hours (give or take).

Not sure if I posted any of this already: I did another pregnancy test for comfort and the test was stronger than the control line so was very happy about that. Early on in my pregnancy I had disappearing lines on my test so that left me nervous - every day the tests got lighter and lighter until it almost disappeared (I used same brand and FMU for each) so have been a bit crazier than is normal for me.

Spend yesterday doing the garden, it looks great now. But as we were out all day cutting and weeding I didn't really eat properly and just snacked on whatever was to hand so not great SW wise. The rest of the week has been excellent. First weight in again tomorrow after missing too many classes, sigh

Aww hun hope everything turns out good and that pregnancy test is a very strong indication it will be very good news tomorrow when you get your results x

Mmmm cant decide today whether to go through the mountain of ironing that my children are actually using as a mountain on the sofa or go and get my cake tins and new weighing scales as was too tired to do it yesterday and bake that cake my daughter wants :eek: x

Back