Pregnancy and Slimming World

lol i've done no exercise apart from my usual walking, feeling slightly ashamed now x

Seriously, I've been sofa bound till now - so much so i had stiff hamstrings after a stroll on Saturday! Shame!!

I did want to wait til 12 weeks, that's the problem :/ Husband wants to tell the world now, the scan being fine today was good enough for him and he can't understand why I'm still so scared! xxx

Ok, thinking logically - I could wait another 4 days to tell people but there doesn't seem much point cos it's not like I'll get another scan at 12 weeks! So I guess I should tell everyone now? Blimey, this scan was supposed to make me feel better, not make me worry more! I promise I'm not just finding things to worry about! xxx

I did want to wait til 12 weeks, that's the problem :/ Husband wants to tell the world now, the scan being fine today was good enough for him and he can't understand why I'm still so scared! xxx

Missy - you are going to be scared for the remainder of the pregnancy. You have had your scan, baby is healthy and you are healthy. You honestly can't ask for more than that ;)

Missy - you are going to be scared for the remainder of the pregnancy. You have had your scan, baby is healthy and you are healthy. You honestly can't ask for more than that ;)

I think I will have to accept that tbh, it's so bloody hard to deal with for someone like me with anxiety issues who can't handle uncertainly. If nothing else this pregnancy will hopefully teach me the virtue of patience ;)

We're telling the world, it's official! 4 days prior to 12 weeks ain't much so why not! And here's a photo to prove it :)

Attachments

• image-2670493208.jpg
    image-2670493208.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 57
I think I will have to accept that tbh, it's so bloody hard to deal with for someone like me with anxiety issues who can't handle uncertainly. If nothing else this pregnancy will hopefully teach me the virtue of patience ;)

We're telling the world, it's official! 4 days prior to 12 weeks ain't much so why not! And here's a photo to prove it :)

It never gets easier - especially if you have anxiety issues. Just take it a day at a time and don't worry about the what if's. Right now, you and baby are spot on - it really doesn't get better than that. Just try to go with it. Soon you will feel movement and will get comfort from that.

Enjoy telling the world - it's so much fun. And congratulations!!

I've added myself - yay! xxx

Laura 30th June
Slinkyson 5th July
Safia - 16th July
Allimack - 10th August
Mama - 17th October (don't actually have my date so this can change in 3 weeks at my scan
Cai - 3rd October
Rjg123 - 20th October
Bunny - 29th October
Missy - 14th December
Gemmalina - 19 January

It never gets easier - especially if you have anxiety issues. Just take it a day at a time and don't worry about the what if's. Right now, you and baby are spot on - it really doesn't get better than that. Just try to go with it. Soon you will feel movement and will get comfort from that.

Enjoy telling the world - it's so much fun. And congratulations!!

Thanks hun, helps to put my mind at rest to hear other people's experiences - it's been such an amazing day! xxx

Thanks hun, helps to put my mind at rest to hear other people's experiences - it's been such an amazing day! xxx
Glad your scan went well. I cried with relief at mine! Just had my 16wk midwife appointment - a student tried to hear the heartbeats and couldn't find them ... Talk about anxiety then!! More experienced mw got baby a with the doppler straight away but baby b kept wriggling around so i could only hear that for a few beats at a time!

Glad your scan went well. I cried with relief at mine! Just had my 16wk midwife appointment - a student tried to hear the heartbeats and couldn't find them ... Talk about anxiety then!! More experienced mw got baby a with the doppler straight away but baby b kept wriggling around so i could only hear that for a few beats at a time!

I cried from pretty much the moment I walked into the antenatal scan dept, had to go sit in a private room as I was mess until the scan was started and once I knew the baby was ok I was off again! So so nervous, even now I can feel the nerves even though I know we have a good chance that everything should be ok! x

Yay!!! The list is getting fuller by the day :) must say Im rather scared to be second! I remember seeing the list last year with me having 6months to go and longing for my pregnancy to fly by which it has so don't worry ladies time really does goes quick! I can't believe I only have about a month left eeeeeek!!!

Laura 30th June
Slinkyson 5th July
Safia - 16th July
Allimack - 10th August
Mama - 17th October (don't actually have my date so this can change in 3 weeks at my scan
Cai - 3rd October
Rjg123 - 20th October
Bunny - 29th October
Missy - 14th December
Gemmalina - 19 January[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know about hot water bottles for backs?
I recall reading (and being told when first found out I was preg) not to use them as baby can't regulate their temp but I'm assuming that's for direct on tummy and not on the back!?

I'm starting to b v miserable with this back ache malarkey and don't want to complain for the next 18 weeks lol x

Hey guys, scan went great! Baby is 11+3 but looks healthy so all good! I guess the change in date is normal as this pushes my due date back 4 days, feel weird about telling people now though cos I'm less than 12 weeks? Dunno what to do as I'm desperate to tell the world! Will put a picture up later! xxx

Glad to hear all went well! Have been thinking of you x x x

Glad to hear all went well! Have been thinking of you x x x

Thanks lovely, will be thinking of you tomorrow too - good luck and happy, healthy baby thoughts! Would be crazy if we end up with the same due date or something! xxx

I cried from pretty much the moment I walked into the antenatal scan dept, had to go sit in a private room as I was mess until the scan was started and once I knew the baby was ok I was off again! So so nervous, even now I can feel the nerves even though I know we have a good chance that everything should be ok! x

Aw missy. Bless. You're such a gentle soul.

Yay!!! The list is getting fuller by the day :) must say Im rather scared to be second! I remember seeing the list last year with me having 6months to go and longing for my pregnancy to fly by which it has so don't worry ladies time really does goes quick! I can't believe I only have about a month left eeeeeek!!!

Laura 30th June
Slinkyson 5th July
Safia - 16th July
Allimack - 10th August
Cai - 3rd October
Rjg123 - 20th October
Bunny - 29th October
Missy - 14th December
Gemmalina - 19 January
[/QUOTE]

And I'm last lol!! Can't believe it. I'm sure it will fly in.

I recall reading (and being told when first found out I was preg) not to use them as baby can't regulate their temp but I'm assuming that's for direct on tummy and not on the back!?

I'm starting to b v miserable with this back ache malarkey and don't want to complain for the next 18 weeks lol x

What about the little heat pack that you can get from chemist. You stick them on your back and they last 8 hrs or somethibg

I would go to gp if paracetemol doesnt work on it and they would most likely prescribe co codomol which is a litte better at tackling pain. I was prescribed co codomol for spd in my 1st pregnancy and it took the edge off the pain.
I think with the water bottle even if its on your back will still raise your core body temp and thats what they say is the prob when your core body temp gets raised. I really feel for you because my rib flare has started and its affecting the left side of my back badly. Fortunately dont have long left so gonna grin and bear it out but you have longer left so do pay a visit to your gp and even if the dont give you medicine they should give you some pain management advice x

Laura 30th June
Slinkyson 5th July
Safia - 16th July
Allimack - 10th August
Cai - 3rd October
Rjg123 - 20th October
Bunny - 29th October
Missy - 14th December
Gemmalina - 19 January
[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it! I remember when I was last too and now were top eek! Xx

Back