Pregnancy and Slimming World

Glad the scan went well!

On the subject of due dates -I was last & felt all sad about having to wait but now there's already a good few due after me.Time flies by!

Teeth -I need one pulled but after research I've decided I'm not prepared to risk it so I'll wait until baby is here. Chances are they'll need to gas me to get it out anyway cause I'm such a wuss!

Weigh in tonight -half off (bloody miracle)!

Half off is great, well done! I'm looking at a stone on tomorrow haha!

If this one is a failed root canal it'll probably need removing. I've had two wisdom teeth out under local though so not too concerned about that as the local is reported to be safe during pregnancy. I'm more worried that they'll try to retreat the root canal - it was hideous first time round, way worse than both removals!

Half off is great, well done! I'm looking at a stone on tomorrow haha!

If this one is a failed root canal it'll probably need removing. I've had two wisdom teeth out under local though so not too concerned about that as the local is reported to be safe during pregnancy. I'm more worried that they'll try to retreat the root canal - it was hideous first time round, way worse than both removals!

Hope its not the root canal - i had one of these a few years ago just after id had my 4 wisdom teeth out under general. Suddenly a crack 'just appeared' in the tooth next to one of my lower wisdom teeth after id had my wisdoms removed. I wasasked whether i could think of what id dome to crack a tooth - i said the force they used to extract my teeth out(i was black and blue for weeks) but according to my dentist 'it won't have been because of that'. Yeah right!
Either way root canal not pleasant - but havnt they already removed your nerve?

Hope its not the root canal - i had one of these a few years ago just after id had my 4 wisdom teeth out under general. Suddenly a crack 'just appeared' in the tooth next to one of my lower wisdom teeth after id had my wisdoms removed. I wasasked whether i could think of what id dome to crack a tooth - i said the force they used to extract my teeth out(i was black and blue for weeks) but according to my dentist 'it won't have been because of that'. Yeah right!
Either way root canal not pleasant - but havnt they already removed your nerve?

That's the problem - if a root canal still hurts it means they either missed a bit or there's an infection. They only last about 15 years even if done properly. And after googling (I know, I know!) and reading that tooth infections can cause miscarriage I'm suitably nervous, especially as we only told everyone yesterday! :/

That's the problem - if a root canal still hurts it means they either missed a bit or there's an infection. They only last about 15 years even if done properly. And after googling (I know, I know!) and reading that tooth infections can cause miscarriage I'm suitably nervous, especially as we only told everyone yesterday! :/

Youre getting it sorted it though. I think those shocking statistics are about people with a mouth full of rotten teeth who never get their teeth seen by a dentist. Try not to worry (easier said than done), think positive - if all that work does need doing at least it will be free. It would cost hundreds if it happened at another time.

Insomnia really does suck!!!!! 3 nights now with about 4 hours sleep in total :-( it's not my legs anymore that's the problem it's this bloody lower back ache! Which I do think is coming from constipation (sorry too much info, I know) but we are all in this together so I was wondering does anyone have any tips on how to ease constipation? I don't want to take any tablets at all I'm already on 6 a day for gestural diabetes, and take numerous gaviscon for heart burn! People keep telling me to have prunes but the amount if carbs in them is scary :-(

Insomnia really does suck!!!!! 3 nights now with about 4 hours sleep in total :-( it's not my legs anymore that's the problem it's this bloody lower back ache! Which I do think is coming from constipation (sorry too much info, I know) but we are all in this together so I was wondering does anyone have any tips on how to ease constipation? I don't want to take any tablets at all I'm already on 6 a day for gestural diabetes, and take numerous gaviscon for heart burn! People keep telling me to have prunes but the amount if carbs in them is scary :-(
I was gonna suggest lactulose but i think you cant take that because of diabetes so another one is fybogel which is something prescribed to my mum and she was type 2 diabetic when they first started prescribing it, it has sweetners in it instead of sugar. Another thing that worked for me but i dont know how much carbs it has was scan bran. I had 2 scan bran last week grilled with babybel cheese and loads of water and i couldnt (sorry tmi) keep off the toilet. The scan bran also worked quicker for me than lactulose. Next time you go to see whoever is monitoring you for gastational diabetes mention the constipation to them and ask them what you can take for sure medicine wise but i think fybogel is the general thing they tell you to take x

I had prune juice last time and it did the trick. Have awful constipation the last week. Have upped my water in take over the last few days and today (tmi) enormous amounts are passing. Still feel v bloated and uncomfortable though.

Got my hcg results from doc. He said they are bang in where he wants them and is very pleased :D

Got my hcg results from doc. He said they are bang in where he wants them and is very pleased :D

Aw, fantastic news! What a weight off your mind xxx

Been to dentists, root canal has definitely failed :/ Only option is to pull it out cos they can't X-ray me. And they won't touch it until I'm well into the 2nd trimester so going back early July for the extraction. Got some antibiotics and had a clean too, my guns bleed like nothing on earth, yuk! :( xxx

Been to dentists, root canal has definitely failed :/ Only option is to pull it out cos they can't X-ray me. And they won't touch it until I'm well into the 2nd trimester so going back early July for the extraction. Got some antibiotics and had a clean too, my guns bleed like nothing on earth, yuk! :( xxx

Glad you got antibiotics to take care of infection though.

I was gonna suggest lactulose but i think you cant take that because of diabetes so another one is fybogel which is something prescribed to my mum and she was type 2 diabetic when they first started prescribing it, it has sweetners in it instead of sugar. Another thing that worked for me but i dont know how much carbs it has was scan bran. I had 2 scan bran last week grilled with babybel cheese and loads of water and i couldnt (sorry tmi) keep off the toilet. The scan bran also worked quicker for me than lactulose. Next time you go to see whoever is monitoring you for gastational diabetes mention the constipation to them and ask them what you can take for sure medicine wise but i think fybogel is the general thing they tell you to take x

Yeah I will do I forgot about fybogel I've been told I can have that so going to asda chemist in a mo! I've had a bath to try and ease the back ache it's helped abit! I'm not at class anymore so can't get scan bran! I had a tif with the consultant because she said I can only have 4 or 6 weeks off in total same as everyone else which just irritates me! But there's a new class opening up in August I'm going to try that one :) x

I had prune juice last time and it did the trick. Have awful constipation the last week. Have upped my water in take over the last few days and today (tmi) enormous amounts are passing. Still feel v bloated and uncomfortable though.

I love prunes and juice but can't have then because they are super high in carbs! I can have a couple if pieces of fruit a day but has to be spread out its annoying I love fruit! I drink absolutely loads of water always have done but drinking certainly does help! I'm just so bloated and uncomfortable too! I don't drink any caffeine anymore I wonder if I have 1 coffee that may work coz it used to before I got pregnant I may try it even just a few mouthfuls

Afternoon all!

Just back from hospital - had a really good experience - had my 12 week appointment and was not booked to have a scan but I said how anxious and scared I was because of previous mc's and they gave me scan! They were all so lovely and bean waved!

Back to work now catch you all later x x x

Afternoon all!

Just back from hospital - had a really good experience - had my 12 week appointment and was not booked to have a scan but I said how anxious and scared I was because of previous mc's and they gave me scan! They were all so lovely and bean waved!

Back to work now catch you all later x x x

Awwwww glad you got to see baby bean such a lovely feeling isn't it! :) x

Back