Pregnancy and Slimming World

Sorry ladies. It's been so crazy with work I haven't had a chance to get on to post or see how everyone is.

Had my u/s this morning. Sac is measuring 17mm (6.5w) but is completely empty. No fetal bud even or yolk sac. They have referred me to early pregnancy unit in hospital for another scan in a few days to confirm her diagnosis of non-viable pregnancy.

I'm in a bit of a daze.

Hope everyone else is well. Hugs to all

Sorry ladies. It's been so crazy with work I haven't had a chance to get on to post or see how everyone is.

Had my u/s this morning. Sac is measuring 17mm (6.5w) but is completely empty. No fetal bud even or yolk sac. They have referred me to early pregnancy unit in hospital for another scan in a few days to confirm her diagnosis of non-viable pregnancy.

I'm in a bit of a daze.

Sorry to hear this huni, hope they got it wrong & they will see something in a few days xo

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

I'm in a bit of a daze.

I hope they are wrong lovely - please take care of yourself and update if you can xxx

I'm in a bit of a daze.

I am so sorry to hear this hun, i hope they have got it wrong x

Well insulin injections here I come! Boooooooooo! Have to start these tonight, even though the baby is growing perfectly she's bang on par to what she should be weight wise!!! I just don't understand how this gestural diabetes works because they speak in riddles that I can't understand! I'm just so glad I only have about 3-4 weeks left!! I think if of lost the will to live if they found it sooner! I know there's others that are suffering more than me so I'm trying not to moan but it is tough!
Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

I'm in a bit of a daze.

Thinking of you huni I have everything crossed that you get the news you want xx

Well insulin injections here I come! Boooooooooo! Have to start these tonight, even though the baby is growing perfectly she's bang on par to what she should be weight wise!!! I just don't understand how this gestural diabetes works because they speak in riddles that I can't understand! I'm just so glad I only have about 3-4 weeks left!! I think if of lost the will to live if they found it sooner! I know there's others that are suffering more than me so I'm trying not to moan but it is tough!

Moan all you like, injecting yourself is not very nice so you have every right to have a whinge! I reckon you'll find it easier to control with insulin though and you might get a bit more leeway with your food xxx

So today I have had a visit from the midwife who was lovely and very sympathetic. She wasn't sure if she could help but did put my mind at rest about a couple of things I was worried about and suggested arranging a consultant appt to see if could referred for another scan on mental health grounds.

Anyway - to cut a very long story short I now have a scan on tues! God knows how they managed that but I'm not arguing ;) I felt like a weight was off my shoulders as soon as I got the phone call. Just so relieved that now I can see baby post 12 weeks and hopefully everything will be ok and I'll have confidence then that we can make it through to the end together. I'm also seeing a psychiatrist at the mother and baby unit on Friday to look at ways of managing my anxiety so it doesn't become something more sinister as they are worried about how I'll cope at the moment for the next six months but especially after the birth. Never realised what a trigger pregnancy could be for mental health issues, there's a lot written about post natal depression but less about pre natal depression and it's an important subject I think! xxx

If you are at target when you fall pregnant then you don't have to pay xx

My consultant told me this isn't true?? She said if I go above or below the 3lb barrier I'll still have to pay?
My dh thinks she's pulling a fast one.

Last edited:
Gemmalina.

Thinking of you. I hope the next scan gives you some resolution. I know how heartbreaking it is. Be kind to yourself. Xxx

So today I have had a visit from the midwife who was lovely and very sympathetic. She wasn't sure if she could help but did put my mind at rest about a couple of things I was worried about and suggested arranging a consultant appt to see if could referred for another scan on mental health grounds.

Anyway - to cut a very long story short I now have a scan on tues! God knows how they managed that but I'm not arguing ;) I felt like a weight was off my shoulders as soon as I got the phone call. Just so relieved that now I can see baby post 12 weeks and hopefully everything will be ok and I'll have confidence then that we can make it through to the end together. I'm also seeing a psychiatrist at the mother and baby unit on Friday to look at ways of managing my anxiety so it doesn't become something more sinister as they are worried about how I'll cope at the moment for the next six months but especially after the birth. Never realised what a trigger pregnancy could be for mental health issues, there's a lot written about post natal depression but less about pre natal depression and it's an important subject I think! xxx

Can't wait to see your scan pictures. Antenatal depression is thought to be as big a problem as postnatal but it's just not as well diagnosed, they put it down to hormones but for many women it is a worry. They'll see you alright missy. X

Ahh slinky, sorry to hear this. Do ask them to explain again its important that they make themselves clear. Drs love talking riddles and sometimes they do need to be stopped in their tracks. Only 3-4 more weeks, so close now!!!

Hi, can I join you please. Im 20 weeks pregnant with twins. Had put 6lbs on up until now. However just had a sneaky weigh in at boots and it looks like iv'e put 6lbs on on a few days!!! This can't be right can it? I'm putting it down to being the end of the day and I normally get weighed first thing, water retention with the heat and being constipated???

Is there anybody else who is or has had twins ? x

Aww hun atleast its not long to go for baby to come and also baby doesnt seem to be affected as she is growing fine x
Did they discuss whether or when they will induce you or is that for your next appointment x

Anyway - to cut a very long story short I now have a scan on tues! God knows how they managed that but I'm not arguing ;) I felt like a weight was off my shoulders as soon as I got the phone call. Just so relieved that now I can see baby post 12 weeks and hopefully everything will be ok and I'll have confidence then that we can make it through to the end together. I'm also seeing a psychiatrist at the mother and baby unit on Friday to look at ways of managing my anxiety so it doesn't become something more sinister as they are worried about how I'll cope at the moment for the next six months but especially after the birth. Never realised what a trigger pregnancy could be for mental health issues, there's a lot written about post natal depression but less about pre natal depression and it's an important subject I think!

So glad the midwife visit went well for you and the scan wil go a long way in reassuring you x

My consultant told me this isn't true?? She said if I go above or below the 3lb barrier I'll still have to pay?
My dh thinks she's pulling a fast one.

I heard that you can gain 2 stones if your at target before you hav to pay if your pregnant but cant be sure as have never asked my c as i have never been at target :)

Hi, can I join you please. Im 20 weeks pregnant with twins. Had put 6lbs on up until now. However just had a sneaky weigh in at boots and it looks like iv'e put 6lbs on on a few days!!! This can't be right can it? I'm putting it down to being the end of the day and I normally get weighed first thing, water retention with the heat and being constipated???

Is there anybody else who is or has had twins ? x

Hiya and welcome x
Congratulations on your twim pregnancy x
I've not had twins but some pregnant women can gain a lot from fluid retention and constipation and the heat doesnt help by swelling us up too x

Hi Missy

So pleased your MW has been sympathetic and helpful - good news re the scan - will be thinking of you and can't wait to hear all about it!

x x

Evening all,

Was just wondering whether anyone has found that they are less tolerant / find things irritate you more when preggo? I'm staying at my in laws this week as I'm on a course and things that I have never really noticed before / or gone over my head are really bugging me?

K x x

Can't wait to see your scan pictures. Antenatal depression is thought to be as big a problem as postnatal but it's just not as well diagnosed, they put it down to hormones but for many women it is a worry. They'll see you alright missy. X

That was what the midwife said - it's often just not diagnosed and can lead to bigger problems with pnd. I think they are trying to be a lot more proactive these days which is great news :)

Hi Missy

So pleased your MW has been sympathetic and helpful - good news re the scan - will be thinking of you and can't wait to hear all about it!

x x

Thanks hun, hope you are doing ok! xxx

Back