Pregnancy and Slimming World

I booked in yesterday and spoke to my mw about the weight issue and she was lovely. She said if my body wants to store fat for the pg it will regardless of what I do. She said she's seen a woman with 2pg's pig out on one and diet on the other pg-she gained the same amount each time.

I guess we have forever to diet after baby's. still going to try my best though.

What a cow id of told her where to go if she said that to me! You could be carrying alot of water plus the baby will be a few pounds by now! Arghhh don't they annoy you! No one has weighed me since my first appointment which I'm shocked at! I've put just under 4 stone on but I am retaining alot if water my ankles well cankles should I say are huge along with my knees and everything else! Most of my weight is on my tummy put a few bits have spread out! The weight will come off once baby is here and I'm settled into my new routine :) hope you enjoyed every mouthful of that KFC xx

Ooh I did :-D

I know I just tuned out and didn't listen as I thought it was a load of nonsense. I know my quality of food hasn't been great but I haven't eaten quantity wise. I am eating what I can stomach and what doesn't give me wicked acid reflux heartburn....lamb roast dinner did on Sunday but KFC didn't so I am not going to feel guilty for it.

Well with molly they said she would be 7lbs and she turned out 8/10ozs and this time they have said 8lbs so expecting about 9lbs and I carried water with molly, my face was so bloated and swollen and can see I am swelling out a bit again now.

With all the bad and annoying pregnancy niggles there are like heartburn,back ache, leg ache, sickness,constipation,gestational diabetes, piles, itching, incontinence, stretchmarks, unable to sleep, itching and gum infections etc I refuse to feel guilty for gaining more than the "recommended" amount. Mylene class gained 4stone with hers and look at her now...she lost it and more so its achievable.

I actually like dieting and exercise (i know crazy right) and looking forward to getting back onto Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD... and I generally can loose a lot fast so I am not going to worry about it now.

What will be will be right girls? Were bringing new life into this world, now what could be more important than that

X

I booked in yesterday and spoke to my mw about the weight issue and she was lovely. She said if my body wants to store fat for the pg it will regardless of what I do. She said she's seen a woman with 2pg's pig out on one and diet on the other pg-she gained the same amount each time.

I guess we have forever to diet after baby's. still going to try my best though.

That's quite reassuring of her to say that though! My SW consultant told me the same thing! But I didn't take much notice because I was keen on her! Lol x

Ooh I did :-D

I know I just tuned out and didn't listen as I thought it was a load of nonsense. I know my quality of food hasn't been great but I haven't eaten quantity wise. I am eating what I can stomach and what doesn't give me wicked acid reflux heartburn....lamb roast dinner did on Sunday but KFC didn't so I am not going to feel guilty for it.

Well with molly they said she would be 7lbs and she turned out 8/10ozs and this time they have said 8lbs so expecting about 9lbs and I carried water with molly, my face was so bloated and swollen and can see I am swelling out a bit again now.

With all the bad and annoying pregnancy niggles there are like heartburn,back ache, leg ache, sickness,constipation,gestational diabetes, piles, itching, incontinence, stretchmarks, unable to sleep, itching and gum infections etc I refuse to feel guilty for gaining more than the "recommended" amount. Mylene class gained 4stone with hers and look at her now...she lost it and more so its achievable.

I actually like dieting and exercise (i know crazy right) and looking forward to getting back onto Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD... and I generally can loose a lot fast so I am not going to worry about it now.

What will be will be right girls? Were bringing new life into this world, now what could be more important than that

X

Here here!!!!! I'm abit sad when it comes to dieting and exercise too I used to work in a gym so it's kinda drummed into me! I love losing weight and toning up set myself challenged and all sorts! Love it! And I don't care what any one says but there's no feeling like it when your walking down the street your feeling good, you notice your clothes moving on your body rather than digging in and you catch a glimpse of yourself in a shop window! It's fab! So we all have that to look forward too we can put the little ones in their prams and off we trot, trotting those pounds off :) that's my plan anyway but we'll see what the births like and how quick I recover! I just hope I'm not left with diabetes spoke to a few now who said they now have diabetes from getting it during pregnancy! Booooooo! Good to know about Mylene class just shows everyone is so different they should not dictate what we should and shouldn't gain! Far enough if your living on take seats everyday and junk then fine but I think if your eating right then why not have treats :) I have porridge for breakfast with fruit, jacket potato with tuna and salad for lunch then evening meal usually either a ww meal with veg and carbs or stir fry! And snack on fruit and protein! Sounds really healthy doesn't it!!!! And it is! But my god what I would do for a clotted cream and jam scon haha x

Thanks safia thing is I don't know when the start of it is as I get a lot of braxton hicks so scared I wont realise until last minute. Ideal situation is induction just so we know when and can arrange babysitting for molly but don't want to go over by another two weeks for it.

I got told off by MW last week for gaining too much already "just cause your pregnant you shouldn't think ooh well I am having that chocolate.....and lots of it" and being told 2stone is the recommended amount and I am already 2/8lbs at 36 weeks as and that anything over 2stone u never lose....sorry but that's b*llocks I lost that and more when I was pregnant with Molly. Well my start off weight was 10stone so was within my bmi so I am not worrying too much.

I went and had a KFC after like an "up yours" too her haha :)

Baby's and labours are so unpredictable so I can understand your worry. Unfortunately for me this time round i wont be having hubby with me as he will be on babysitting duty as i dont want my children to go to my mums and there is no one else that can look after them so as time is getting nearer i am getting into a panic about doing it alone but i would rather our children are looked after properly so will have get over it x
Some midwifes are such cows and I've had quite a few of them, at first i would take to heart what they used to say but i have learnt to ignore them. The worst was one at hospital when i had my son, i was bleeding a lot and she came to check my tummy and after checking me she turned to my newborn son and said looks like mummy has a lot of weight to lose!!!!!!!!! She also said to me i thought you were going to breastfeed when i asked for a bottle and i said yes i still want to but he's not latching on properly, i'm exhausted (was awake over 24 hours at this point), he's hungry so i will carry on trying to get him to latch on tomorrow once i have have had some sleep and she just said with attitude it dont quite work like that love! Most health visitors are no better either.
You carry on as you want and enjoy your pregnancy x

I got so fed up with midwife/health visitor turning up unannounced at 8am etc that I used to ignore the door. They ended up coming later then. I actually had one phone me & say where are you I'm at your house? I asked did she make an appointment which she said no to, we just turn up. I said sorry I don't wait in every day for 2 months just in case you decide to call by. It didn't go down well but I hate how they just swan in & try to go up your stairs etc. If your house us clean you must be odd/depressed/not spending time with child & if its dirty your neglecting them. I just do my own thing. Both kids are happy & healthy.

Most of those health workers could lose some weight anyway!

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

I got so fed up with midwife/health visitor turning up unannounced at 8am etc that I used to ignore the door. They ended up coming later then. I actually had one phone me & say where are you I'm at your house? I asked did she make an appointment which she said no to, we just turn up. I said sorry I don't wait in every day for 2 months just in case you decide to call by. It didn't go down well but I hate how they just swan in & try to go up your stairs etc. If your house us clean you must be odd/depressed/not spending time with child & if its dirty your neglecting them. I just do my own thing. Both kids are happy & healthy.

I've been told so many horror stories about the health workers! My mum kicked one out of her house when she had my brother because if how rude she was! Can you refuse to have their help if you want to? Or do you have to have them?

My husband kicked out the midwife that came for the 5 day checkup for my son because she was so rude, we ended up having to take him to the hospital to get his checkup. i also hate the fact that instead of being apologetic for turning up late they think we should be grateful that they turned up! x

I've been told so many horror stories about the health workers! My mum kicked one out of her house when she had my brother because if how rude she was! Can you refuse to have their help if you want to? Or do you have to have them?

I'm not sure if you can refuse them but i think you can get a different one if your not happy x

I'm not sure if you can refuse them but i think you can get a different one if your not happy x

That's good to know! How have you been today? I've been getting period like pains and the baby keeps pushing her bum right out on my right hand side it blood kills!

I had my final ultrasound today. The doctor confirmed the loss - I have a d&c booked for Tuesday. I wanted to wish everyone the best of luck.

I will check in from time to time to see how everyone is getting on.

That's good to know! How have you been today? I've been getting period like pains and the baby keeps pushing her bum right out on my right hand side it blood kills!

i think baby is using me as a trampoline she's either giving me loads of pressure down below or giving my left side ribs a good bruising from her bum. I have also found that i get out of breath now and was wheezing my way to my daughters nursery and the humid weather doesnt help x

I had my final ultrasound today. The doctor confirmed the loss - I have a d&c booked for Tuesday. I wanted to wish everyone the best of luck.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss hun x

I'm so sorry about your loss - make sure your partner and you take care of each other x x

Sorry 4 your loss hun x

Thank you ladies. I'm absolutely devastated. I think my body just gave in to the grief this evening as my miscarriage has started with a vengeance. I hadn't expected that and had decided to come to my mothers house 200 miles away for the weekend as I didn't want my very perceptive 5 yo to be exposed to my grief. I just want to be home with my hubby now but can't drive, and if I was being sensible, I would be glad that my son isn't witnessing me go through this - the pain, the tears, the pacing etc. My mam is wonderful. She's a rock right now despite the fact she is I'll with pneumonia. I am 9 weeks today.

I had elected for the d&c as the hospital said they would bury any genetic material in a angels plot in a cemetery in my home city - I am horrified at the idea of flushing away the sac - even though it is actually empty. Empty or not, that is the grand sum of my 9 weeks of pregnancy that I came to really love. Damn hormones.

I am so sorry for the bummer of a post. You have all been so kind and supportive of my pregnancy - I guess I just wanted some company at this moment in time.

I haven't really shared any of this with my friends - my best friend is herself pregnant. She has been beyond supportive and understanding - giving me love and space and compassion all at the same time as I have worried about the viability of my baby.

All my love

Gemmalina

Thank you ladies. I'm absolutely devastated. I think my body just gave in to the grief this evening as my miscarriage has started with a vengeance. I hadn't expected that and had decided to come to my mothers house 200 miles away for the weekend as I didn't want my very perceptive 5 yo to be exposed to my grief. I just want to be home with my hubby now but can't drive, and if I was being sensible, I would be glad that my son isn't witnessing me go through this - the pain, the tears, the pacing etc. My mam is wonderful. She's a rock right now despite the fact she is I'll with pneumonia. I am 9 weeks today.

I had elected for the d&c as the hospital said they would bury any genetic material in a angels plot in a cemetery in my home city - I am horrified at the idea of flushing away the sac - even though it is actually empty. Empty or not, that is the grand sum of my 9 weeks of pregnancy that I came to really love. Damn hormones.

I am so sorry for the bummer of a post. You have all been so kind and supportive of my pregnancy - I guess I just wanted some company at this moment in time.

I haven't really shared any of this with my friends - my best friend is herself pregnant. She has been beyond supportive and understanding - giving me love and space and compassion all at the same time as I have worried about the viability of my baby.

All my love

Gemmalina

So sorry huni for your loss :-( xxxxx

i think baby is using me as a trampoline she's either giving me loads of pressure down below or giving my left side ribs a good bruising from her bum. I have also found that i get out of breath now and was wheezing my way to my daughters nursery and the humid weather doesnt help x

Urghhh I keep getting out if breath just trying to turn over in bed is hard work! My back is killing me today :-( just my right side well it's more my hip my god it's like tooth ache! Sharp digs :-( awful! Other than that this memory firm mattress topper must be doing something right because I was only up 3 times last night which is a record for me! Normally every 2 hours I'm up :-( x

Gemmalina, I am so sorry. I hope you're ok. Thinking if you, be kind to yourself. Xxx

Back