Pregnancy and Slimming World

Oh ladies having a awful time here, had a awful birth experiance and stil at hospital because baby not feeding right and a few other probs which they didnt pick up at my scan. The staff at this hospital are a disgrace and ignore you until its too late!

Thinking of you! Glad the paediatricians have taken over now!

x x

Hubby has been here to visit today and yesterday and in a way its good he wasnt here at my labour because he would have blown his top and not been able to change a thing. At first i made myself happy that atleast i have got my beautiful baby but now they hav spoilt that too by not taking my concerns about her feeding and general unwillingness to do anything but sleep seriously. The paedriticians who i cant fault have fully taken over now so hopefully she wil get better not worse.

Hi huni, sorry 2 hear things aven't been goin well I hope by the time yer readin this there's been an improvement. We'r all thinkin of u n baby n wishin u well xxx

Hi ladies,

I started SW last March and finished in May this year having lost 1st 3lbs. I only finished going to group because I moved house and moved away from the area where my group was. The plan was to start a new slimming world group after I had got settled in to my new house, which is now. Obviously having a couple of months off SW (well following plan half heartedly) I have put 3lbs back on, which I suppose is really good but I just know it's going to start creeping on and really don't want that.

I am now in a dilemma as to whether or not to start a group as me and my partner are currently trying for our first baby. On one hand I want to start group and hopefully kick start the diet again but on the other hand I think do I really want to pay £5 a week for the scales to be going up as and when I finally get caught on when the money could go towards something for the baby?!?

Your thoughts would be appreciated :) x

Hi

I'm Penny and am 13 weeks + 3. Had my scan yesterday so got to see baby bear for the first time. Was so exciting. This is our first baby and seriously can't wait.
I lost 2 stone on sw about 5 years ago then put it all back on plus a bit more! Joined sw again at the end of January this year. Lost just over a stone and then found out I was pregnant. Suffered bad nausea so since then I've just ate what I could - mainly breads type stuff. Have put on about 7lbs already. Now that I'm feeling much better I'm going to try eat mindfully. Don't think I'm going to pay to get weighed at sw anymore though.

So that's me- hope you don't mind me joining you all on this thread

X

Hi n welcome 2 the gang! :)

Hi ladies,

I started SW last March and finished in May this year having lost 1st 3lbs. I only finished going to group because I moved house and moved away from the area where my group was. The plan was to start a new slimming world group after I had got settled in to my new house, which is now. Obviously having a couple of months off SW (well following plan half heartedly) I have put 3lbs back on, which I suppose is really good but I just know it's going to start creeping on and really don't want that.

I am now in a dilemma as to whether or not to start a group as me and my partner are currently trying for our first baby. On one hand I want to start group and hopefully kick start the diet again but on the other hand I think do I really want to pay £5 a week for the scales to be going up as and when I finally get caught on when the money could go towards something for the baby?!?

Your thoughts would be appreciated :) x

Well if it was me I wudn't go back 2 group TBH. I REALLY don't wana take anything away from doin the group thing as it really suits sum people but I never attended a group, just followed SW from home n lost just over 3.5st which I've kept off 4 almost 4 yrs until becoming pregnant. I'v pretty much relaxed my approach 2 SW whilst bein pregnant as I'v accepted that weight gain is gona b inevitable n fortunately I'v only gained just over 1.5st wif nearly 3wks 2 go!

I set myself a regular WI day n time much as I wud ave had if I'd been goin 2 group n even kept a spreadsheet of my results every week as I found it really motivatin 2 plot them on a graph (but I AM a bit nerdy like that! lol! ):D. I also "paid" 2 WI by putting money in a jar every WI so when I reached a milestone loss or mini-target I'd use the money 2 get myself sumthin nice - like new clothes in a smaller size! If yer tryin 4 a baby u cud always use the money u save as a Baby Fund for a pram etc.

Hope that helps a bit but good luck wif yer weight loss n baby-making whatever u decide! :)

Thanks Allimack! I think you are right....I have still been getting weighed every Monday with other family members and tbh I think that's why I have only put 3lb back on as I know it could have been a lot worse. I am one of these that isn't as good if I don't go to group tbh BUT I am going to stick weighing myself on a Monday and as you say I think it will be a good idea to put 5 quid in a tub each week as I would if I was going to group and that will be my baby fund and then once we have a baby (fingers crossed) I think I will join a group then to lose the baby weight :)

Thanks for your reply x

Me and baby were at last discharged today at half 4 so glad i am back home. She is now feeding properly but only taking little bits at a time so hope she hasnt lost too much weight when they check. Dreadful hospital and staff apart from the baby docs who were excellent so dread to ever getting pregnant again and go there! She weighs 6lb1oz but looks so tiny and will need to have a renal scan to check her kidneys because there were some issues with her umbillical cord but i think its more a precaution as she is now doing wee wee's and the real prob starts when they dont. Still havent decided on babys name so that will keep our minds busy for the next few days x

Me and baby were at last discharged today at half 4 so glad i am back home. She is now feeding properly but only taking little bits at a time so hope she hasnt lost too much weight when they check. Dreadful hospital and staff apart from the baby docs who were excellent so dread to ever getting pregnant again and go there! She weighs 6lb1oz but looks so tiny and will need to have a renal scan to check her kidneys because there were some issues with her umbillical cord but i think its more a precaution as she is now doing wee wee's and the real prob starts when they dont. Still havent decided on babys name so that will keep our minds busy for the next few days x

Awwww, the treatment you eecieved sounds not very nice but hope the peditrician helps you better and fingers crossed no probs occur with scans for your little girl! Wow, so small, I remember when Charles was 5lbs and 8ozs - but they soon grow, as you know. Wow, thinking of another one yikes, I have recently been babysitting a 6 yr old girl and a 22month old boy and three of them is exhausting!

Hope you get some rest and you can now enjoy your time at home with the baby. All the best X

So happy 2 hear u n baby r home hun n that everything's goin as it shud. Finger x'd the scan goes well 2 xxx

Thanks Allimack! I think you are right....I have still been getting weighed every Monday with other family members and tbh I think that's why I have only put 3lb back on as I know it could have been a lot worse. I am one of these that isn't as good if I don't go to group tbh BUT I am going to stick weighing myself on a Monday and as you say I think it will be a good idea to put 5 quid in a tub each week as I would if I was going to group and that will be my baby fund and then once we have a baby (fingers crossed) I think I will join a group then to lose the baby weight :)

Thanks for your reply x

Glad 2 b of service! x

How's everyone doing??

I've had a couple if weeks off plan & although I have enjoyed the freedom & not gone too mad the scales are showing different with a 4lb gain in 2 wksI am now back on the wagon, I'm 31 weeks & have gained 31/32lb! I really don't want to go over the highest recommended gain of 35lb so I need to be super good from now!
I'm having a c/s & have my date booked so I have 8 weeks left.

Im good! Im 9 and a half weeks now and I took part in the race for life this morning for the first time, havent done any exercise since I found out I was pregnant 6 weeks ago and I finished it in 33 minutes 16 seconds! Im so proid of myself, its the furthest ive ever ran all at once, so I feel like super woman! :) xx

Im good! Im 9 and a half weeks now and I took part in the race for life this morning for the first time, havent done any exercise since I found out I was pregnant 6 weeks ago and I finished it in 33 minutes 16 seconds! Im so proid of myself, its the furthest ive ever ran all at once, so I feel like super woman! :) xx

Well done sammy! Great time too! I did ten mins on my bike yesterday does that count lol.

Still tired here but my sickness is much better. Staying on plan is less easy. I've turned into a grazer.

Well done! I did race for life when I was 12 weeks pregnant with my last pregnancy, it took me 80 mins to do 10k so 33 mins is a fab time!
Lucky it wasn't too hot for you either, it was scorching when I did it!

I was really lucky as it's been scorching this week but this morning it was overcast with a bit if drizzle so perfect for running in! So pleased as I was really worried I wouldnt manage it if it was too hot! Xx

I was really lucky as it's been scorching this week but this morning it was overcast with a bit if drizzle so perfect for running in! So pleased as I was really worried I wouldnt manage it if it was too hot! Xx

Wow well done. I did race for life a few weeks back but walked it. I was always going to walk it, even before falling pregnant, because was doing it with a friend and her mum, but seriously couldn't have run it anyway. Well done to you though, great achievement!

Hey hey glad she's on the mend :) have you decided on a name for her yet? Xx

Wow well done. I did race for life a few weeks back but walked it. I was always going to walk it, even before falling pregnant, because was doing it with a friend and her mum, but seriously couldn't have run it anyway. Well done to you though, great achievement!

Thanks hunny! I always wanted to have a go at running it. Have been so tired though that I didnt think I'd manage it and fully expected to walk most of it, so was very happy that I managed to stick to it :) xx

Time for a wee moan so feel free to gloss over it.

My pelvis is so sore :-( I can't get comfy on either side cause it keeps popping out. Bump seems to have stopped hardening so much though so at least that's a positive. I've been noticing my hands and feet are tight at night so there must be a bit of swelling. Possibly due to the heat as I'm ok most of the day.
Haven't felt like eating meals due to the heat.
On the plus side I've been scoffing wheat free cake, biscuits and bread but lost 2lbs. That makes my total gain by my scales to be 5lbs at 27 weeks.

How's everyone else doing?

Can we get anothet due date list going? Would be good to see who's next etc.

Back