Pregnancy and Slimming World

So today is my first day of maternity leave without the children here! I've just dropped them at nursery. I've got wild day planned...scrubbing carpets! Lol will hopefully get this baby engaged though as apparently years ago 'breech' babies were uncommon as women always cleaned the floors on their hands & knees! Hopefully will work for me, I think lo is lying across as its so uncomfy.

So today is my first day of maternity leave without the children here! I've just dropped them at nursery. I've got wild day planned...scrubbing carpets! Lol will hopefully get this baby engaged though as apparently years ago 'breech' babies were uncommon as women always cleaned the floors on their hands & knees! Hopefully will work for me, I think lo is lying across as its so uncomfy.

Sounds like a real "rock n roll" kinda day.. LOL
Hope the cleaing of the floors works for you.. Tho if you need more floors to clean feel free to come do mine :)

Carpets all scrubbed & now I need a sleep! Also opened the biscuit tin, not good but hopefully not done too much damage with the calories I've burned today. Don't think little lady has budged, still as high as ever.

Hi Ladies I'm new here! I am expecting Baby number 2, really want to stay healthy and try lose some weight before I start to put baby weight on. I put 1 1/2 stone on with my son which wasn't too bad but I was smaller then, than I am
now so any tips would be great!
I am experiencing nausea which I did not have last time round so finding it hard to eat so thinking to make some soups see if that makes a difference.

Hi Ladies I'm new here! I am expecting Baby number 2, really want to stay healthy and try lose some weight before I start to put baby weight on. I put 1 1/2 stone on with my son which wasn't too bad but I was smaller then, than I am
I am experiencing nausea which I did not have last time round so finding it hard to eat so thinking to make some soups see if that makes a difference.
Hiya.. Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy :)
When nausea is involed its best to keep food plain and dry.. So its hard to keep it healthy... But instead of white crackers/bread etc go for wholemeal.. And make sure to take a pregnancy multivitamin.. Altho baby will take from you everything it needs so don't worry about it not getting enough of anything...

My plan initially was to follow Slimming World through my pregnancy but with toast being my saving grace... I'v settled on healthy eating with a SW twist.. So far am down 2lb from prepreg weight and am 15.5weeks in.. Still quite early so loads of time for things to go pear shaped.. lol

Good luck with yout journey :)

Had a midwife appointment this morning- 35+1 - and she said babies head is 4/5 there....I'm not quite sure what that means but she seemed v happy (and maybe a bit shocked) by it.
She did weigh me and said I wasn't that bad for weight gain...then looked it up and said 'oh I might have mis calculated a bit' lol.
I asked her about slimming world for after the birth and she said I could go join now! Lol. The prob with that is I told her I wouldn't stick to it and I don't wanna pay £5 to gain weight! Ha ha. I asked about consent forms and she said its normally after the 6 week check up - if I want to go sooner (I was hoping fr 4 weeks after!) she said they will give me forms to fill in and have her sign.
The lady I saw today is the nicest of the midwives and luckily is going to work at my hospital on the ward now for 6 months so she said she might even see me there :)

Looks like I should start thinking about packing my hospital bag soon!' :) hehe xx

Had a midwife appointment this morning- 35+1 - and she said babies head is 4/5 there....I'm not quite sure what that means but she seemed v happy (and maybe a bit shocked) by it.
She did weigh me and said I wasn't that bad for weight gain...then looked it up and said 'oh I might have mis calculated a bit' lol.
I asked her about slimming world for after the birth and she said I could go join now! Lol. The prob with that is I told her I wouldn't stick to it and I don't wanna pay £5 to gain weight! Ha ha. I asked about consent forms and she said its normally after the 6 week check up - if I want to go sooner (I was hoping fr 4 weeks after!) she said they will give me forms to fill in and have her sign.
The lady I saw today is the nicest of the midwives and luckily is going to work at my hospital on the ward now for 6 months so she said she might even see me there :)

Looks like I should start thinking about packing my hospital bag soon!' :) hehe xx

Glad all went well Cai.. Dunno if that means you might go early?? But great seemed so happy with it...
I'm going to an "Early Pregnancy" meeting in my hospital next week and there will be a dietician there to ask questions etc.. Am gona ask, for me specifically, what my recommended gain/loss during the rest of the pregnancy is..
I know they give general aims online.. But I want specific to me.. So far I've not gained at all but am only 15.5weeks in so its VERY early days...

Glad all went well Cai.. Dunno if that means you might go early?? But great seemed so happy with it...
I'm going to an "Early Pregnancy" meeting in my hospital next week and there will be a dietician there to ask questions etc.. Am gona ask, for me specifically, what my recommended gain/loss during the rest of the pregnancy is..
I know they give general aims online.. But I want specific to me.. So far I've not gained at all but am only 15.5weeks in so its VERY early days...

Well I have gained nearly 4 stone!! Lol. My midwife wasn't concerned and said 2 stone should 'drop off' easily - 1 with the general birth and 1 soon after... Lets hope so!! :) she mentioned breast feeding helps but using the mothers fat stores for energy. Hope I can do it even if not for long!

When I went into work yesterday the people who had been fasting for Eid was so skinny!! Shame I can't fast lol (tbh I couldn't stick to it and no idea how they managed it!!)

Let us know what they say about weight and losses (especially if they mention diets for shifting it after!!) x

Well I have gained nearly 4 stone!! Lol. My midwife wasn't concerned and said 2 stone should 'drop off' easily - 1 with the general birth and 1 soon after... Lets hope so!! :) she mentioned breast feeding helps but using the mothers fat stores for energy. Hope I can do it even if not for long!

When I went into work yesterday the people who had been fasting for Eid was so skinny!! Shame I can't fast lol (tbh I couldn't stick to it and no idea how they managed it!!)

Let us know what they say about weight and losses (especially if they mention diets for shifting it after!!) x

Well as I say... Its early days for me yet.. LOL
Yea will do.. its on Wednesday afternoon so will drop by and let ya know :)
If your MW wasn't concerned I wouldn't be wither TBH...
Yea i'm TRY my best with BF but I'm not putting too much pressure on myself.. I'll have bottles etc ready n waiting JUST IN CASE...
TBH I only plan on doing it for a couple of weeks.. They say after a week your milk develops properly but its the stuff that comes before that that's super beneficial to baby so as long as I can do the first few days i'll be happy...
My friend is giving me a breast pump so i'll hopefully express then and at least Daddy can do a few feeds.. Am sure it'd feel like I was hogging the baby otherwise.. Tho am happy for him to do all the nappies LOL

Oh I totally got that wrong then!!

Attachments

• image-4237997226.jpg
    image-4237997226.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 74

Welcome and congrats! I'm doing my best food wise but gaining weight regardless! :-/ I hope it's easier for you. We can lose anything we gain anyway so try not to worry too much.

I had my scan today girls. Baby seems happy and healthy, somersaulting all over the place. Baby was incredibly cute and we stayed team yellow.

image-762336965.jpg

Back