Pregnancy and Slimming World

I had my scan today girls. Baby seems happy and healthy, somersaulting all over the place. Baby was incredibly cute and we stayed team yellow.

View attachment 105175
OMG... Look at how clear that is?!!! Little button nose n lips.. Awwwwwwww...
By "stayed team yellow" does that mean you didn't find out its sex?

OMG... Look at how clear that is?!!! Little button nose n lips.. Awwwwwwww...
By "stayed team yellow" does that mean you didn't find out its sex?

Yes we didn't find out. It's our last baby and we've never had a surprise so I think I'm due one. We nearly caved the scan lady was laughing at our do we don't we find out last minute shannanigans. So tempted but glad we didn't.

Baby was very cute and we saw so much too. Baby was gulping amniotic fluid down and flipping around. All seemed well though. Hope it stays that way until term now. :)

Yes we didn't find out. It's our last baby and we've never had a surprise so I think I'm due one. We nearly caved the scan lady was laughing at our do we don't we find out last minute shannanigans. So tempted but glad we didn't.

Baby was very cute and we saw so much too. Baby was gulping amniotic fluid down and flipping around. All seemed well though. Hope it stays that way until term now. :)
Sounds amazing... We're (I'm) adamant I'm not finding out but I NEED my BF to push that on the day of the scan coz I know when i'm in that room and its possible to find out... It is very possible I'll cave.. But I really don't want to know.. So he's under orders to not let me find out...
I'm crap and I'd have everyone told before baby gets here...
How many kids have you already got?? (Hope I'm not being too personal..)

Sounds amazing... We're (I'm) adamant I'm not finding out but I NEED my BF to push that on the day of the scan coz I know when i'm in that room and its possible to find out... It is very possible I'll cave.. But I really don't want to know.. So he's under orders to not let me find out...
I'm crap and I'd have everyone told before baby gets here...
How many kids have you already got?? (Hope I'm not being too personal..)

4 already! It's a mad house lol! Don't cave have a surprise! It is kind of exciting not knowing.

4 already! It's a mad house lol! Don't cave have a surprise! It is kind of exciting not knowing.
No I'm hoping I can rely on me to say no point blank on the day.. I know he'll cave quicker TBH coz he's just DYING to know...
He has tried suggesting he finds out n keeps it from me.. But that'd never happen...
Aww... So a lovely lively house.. That's lovely :)
How young is your youngest/eldest?

No I'm hoping I can rely on me to say no point blank on the day.. I know he'll cave quicker TBH coz he's just DYING to know...
He has tried suggesting he finds out n keeps it from me.. But that'd never happen...
Aww... So a lovely lively house.. That's lovely :)
How young is your youngest/eldest?

11 and 3 and two inbetween.

It's incredibly hard to resist especially when you're pretty sure the sonographer has seen.

Hiya.. Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy :)
When nausea is involed its best to keep food plain and dry.. So its hard to keep it healthy... But instead of white crackers/bread etc go for wholemeal.. And make sure to take a pregnancy multivitamin.. Altho baby will take from you everything it needs so don't worry about it not getting enough of anything...

My plan initially was to follow Slimming World through my pregnancy but with toast being my saving grace... I'v settled on healthy eating with a SW twist.. So far am down 2lb from prepreg weight and am 15.5weeks in.. Still quite early so loads of time for things to go pear shaped.. lol

Good luck with yout journey :)

Thanks for the reply. Yep as you said I have only been able to eat dry foods! Hoping it passes soon x

Welcome and congrats! I'm doing my best food wise but gaining weight regardless! :-/ I hope it's easier for you. We can lose anything we gain anyway so try not to worry too much.

Thanks, I know it will be hard to stick to but will really try, with my last pregnancy I ate so much rubbish so as long as I am being healthy I don't mind putting weight on!
I am really craving fish though! But read you should only eat fish twice a week anyone know how true this is?

Thanks, I know it will be hard to stick to but will really try, with my last pregnancy I ate so much rubbish so as long as I am being healthy I don't mind putting weight on!
I am really craving fish though! But read you should only eat fish twice a week anyone know how true this is?

I think it's oily fish twice a week like Mackeral, salmon & tuna? Never heard of a restriction on white fish? I could be wrong though.
And what a great thing to crave! My craving at the beginning was chocolate & chips, not together! Lol

I think it's oily fish twice a week like Mackeral, salmon & tuna? Never heard of a restriction on white fish? I could be wrong though.
And what a great thing to crave! My craving at the beginning was chocolate & chips, not together! Lol

That's what I thought. Think you can have as much white fish as you want.
My cravings are much less healthy- cake, bread and jam at the moment!!

I'm laid on my bed trying not to cry! :-(

Hubby and football and I decided a nice bath would be calming. Then I went and fell trying to get out of the bath! I had nearly emptied the water too so there wasn't much to break my fall.
Luckily I'm not hurt at all but it shuck me up. And of course I had to still get out the bath! :-(

On the bed now with dressing gown on and the fan on me as I got hot when worked up over it!

That's the last bath I get when in the house alone!!

Hubby and football and I decided a nice bath would be calming. Then I went and fell trying to get out of the bath! I had nearly emptied the water too so there wasn't much to break my fall.
Luckily I'm not hurt at all but it shuck me up. And of course I had to still get out the bath! :-(

On the bed now with dressing gown on and the fan on me as I got hot when worked up over it!

Oh no hunnie. Hope ur ok?
That must b frightening. Half glad I don't hav a bath as I'm sure it becomes a struggle to get in n out the bigger ur bump gets...

Oh no, hope you're ok. Hugs.
Yes definitely no more baths when alone in the house x

Oh no hunnie. Hope ur ok?
That must b frightening. Half glad I don't hav a bath as I'm sure it becomes a struggle to get in n out the bigger ur bump gets...

Oh no, hope you're ok. Hugs.
Yes definitely no more baths when alone in the house x

I do think that's part of the prob - I always get showers so I'm not used to getting baths!! Plus I've had both my knees pinned so I'm not v confident generally getting up from the floor etc :-/

Cheered myself up by taking time to put moisturiser on and opened a johnsons baby talcum powder :) I smell like the big baby I am!! Ha ha ha x

Hope your ok, I love my baths but do find it a struggle getting up & out. x

It's hard getting out of a bath when pg. I got stuck in a bath once (spd back seized), I had to call dh home from work to haul me out. I hope you're ok now. X

Just had a massive crying for for no reason and scared my poor DH, hope that doesn't happen too often!

Just had a massive crying for for no reason and scared my poor DH, hope that doesn't happen too often!
Ha.. I done that a few weeks ago.. Started with me getting a cramp.. But I knew exactly what it was so knew it wasn't anything and the cry had NOTHING to do with that but BF thought it has.. He didn't know what to do.. Ring a doc. Ring the hospital.. Didn't have a clue.. Bless him... They're quite funny after aren't they?? LOL
Hope you're ok xx

Think he thought it was because he was late home! Lol

I'm fine now I'll have to get used to it, it will prob happen again :p x

Back