Pregnancy and Slimming World

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I can't believe how cute my baby is! I'm actually growing that little person, it's mental!

Missy I'd have thought swimming was the best/safest thing for you with sore hips as the water takes all the pressure and weight off for you.. So not sure what every you could do.. Hope you find something... I think I've been having Braxton hicks the last week.. Thought I'd have been too early but getting quite strong pains that are exactly as i'd imagine contractions are so no idea what else they could be.. Was meant to ring the hospital today but got caught up on something else.. Rather than explain again.. If you pop onto my thread you'll see.. Sorry for the cryptic-ness of it all but its quite allot..

Swimming is good but have been advised not to do breaststroke cos of my PGP. Problem is that you can overextend in the water where you can't feel the pain as you would on land, I felt amazing in the water but crippled when I got out! Physio said swimming was fine but only if I swim on my back or front crawl and I'm crap at both so have given it up for now. Might go and have a nice long float some time soon though. ;)

Just had a look at your thread - you've had so much going hun, not surprised you've not not had chance to call the hospital! Hope everything is on the up for you and your family soonest xxx

In terms of the BH, when I have them they don't hurt as such, it's more just a feeling of discomfort. My bump goes really tight and hard and if I'm walking I have to stop! I didn't know what it was but now I do and I've been having them for weeks. At worst they feel a bit like period pain but nothing too bad but I know some women find that they hurt. You can get them from really early on apparently, it's just that you don't notice them! I would def ring hospital though if you're concerned, the PAU at mine were wonderful with me today and said that they'd always rather you ring if you're worried. xxx

Missy your baby is beautiful! But I agree they should have got a clearer picture for you! I paid £59 and had three pics plus a 2d pic. They also wrote the gender down for us in a sealed envelope. Yay no gd!!!!!! You should celebrate with cake lol!

I know, he's a cutey pie <3 Just wish you could see more clearly, the features are so clear on your pictures! Gonna show them to husband so he can see what scan pics are supposed to look like! Mine you it didn't help though when one of my 'friends' on fb said that my boy looked like an alien, I know she was just being silly but it really upset me. :/

That's really cheap, wow! It's about £90 minimum round here for 3d/4d which is why we got the voucher for £30. There's another one on offer at the moment for £27 for a different place but they're a lot further away and tbh I'm just worried that it'll be the same again.

How are you gonna cope with the envelope! I would totally have caved in and peeked already.

I have been celebrating with cake all day lol ;) Made a vicky sponge with lemon curd instead of jam and buttercream and some white choc and pecan brownies (blondies). Work were happy and I got to nab a bit for me too ;) xxx

I know, he's a cutey pie <3 Just wish you could see more clearly, the features are so clear on your pictures! Gonna show them to husband so he can see what scan pics are supposed to look like! Mine you it didn't help though when one of my 'friends' on fb said that my boy looked like an alien, I know she was just being silly but it really upset me. :/

That's really cheap, wow! It's about £90 minimum round here for 3d/4d which is why we got the voucher for £30. There's another one on offer at the moment for £27 for a different place but they're a lot further away and tbh I'm just worried that it'll be the same again.

How are you gonna cope with the envelope! I would totally have caved in and peeked already.

I have been celebrating with cake all day lol ;) Made a vicky sponge with lemon curd instead of jam and buttercream and some white choc and pecan brownies (blondies). Work were happy and I got to nab a bit for me too ;) xxx

Your baby doesn't look like an alien but some people think all 3d scans look like aliens. They don't! I don't know about you but I've never seen a real alien but I'm guessing if I did they wouldn't look like a human baby. It's a ridiculous thing to say. My own brother said my daughter looked like gollum at one point! People are insensitive and they have verbal diahhreah! Take no notice!

I went to babybond for the scan, there should be one by you.

I'm trying to ignore the envelope lol!

Your baby doesn't look like an alien but some people think all 3d scans look like aliens. They don't! I don't know about you but I've never seen a real alien but I'm guessing if I did they wouldn't look like a human baby. It's a ridiculous thing to say. My own brother said my daughter looked like gollum at one point! People are insensitive and they have verbal diahhreah! Take no notice! I went to babybond for the scan, there should be one by you. I'm trying to ignore the envelope lol!

I just had a look at babybond but I'm too late for the scan you had. :( The only one I could have is £119! Definitely can't afford that...

I don't think the alien comment would have bothered me normally, it's just because I was upset about the picture in the first place. Silly people though, it's like saying someone's child is ugly and I know I wouldn't dream of doing that!

I'm jealous! :) It's true a plug can grow back but you never know. Bounce on a gym ball if you have one or do squats apparently. Baby pics are gorgeous! I had a gender scan at baby bond but they couldn't get a 3d pic as placenta was at the front. Regarding swimming...I have spd and am not allowed to go swimming as it causes me more damage and pain :-( Lying here with my epo in, hoping to see labour in the next few weeks. Mama-bear x

Same as with PGP then with the swimming, it's a shame cos it's a great form of exercise. I wish I could still do it, it felt wonderful while I was actually swimming but the pain was horrendous once I was out :(

Hoping it's not long left for you either, sounds like Cai is on the way now :D x

Mama bear - 16th October
Missy1978 - 14th December
Nellylou - 14th February <3

Cai - 3rd October (fingers crossed tonight!! Lol)
Mama bear - 16th October
Dubchick - 18th February

Mama bear - 16th October
ILoveCake- 15th January.
Pjallen1982- 20th January
Dubchick - 18th February

Wow babies nearly every month. Fingers crossed for you Cai. I'm hoping I won't be long behind :) Mama-bear x

We just need a November baby now! ;)

Cai - 3rd October (fingers crossed tonight!! Lol) Mama bear - 16th October
ILoveCake- 15th January
Dubchick - 18th February
Danni - 25th February

Another February baby :-D

New Look has bump bands 3 for £10 if anyone is looking xx

Mama bear - 16th October
ILoveCake- 15th January
Nellylou - 14th February
Dubchick - 18th February
Danni - 25th February
Dougal1983- 18th May

:D

Wow, so many of us... And I'm scarily near the top of the list! I remember being bottom so that is a bit weird. 2.5 months left!

Another terrible nights sleep, even after the bath and face mask treat last night :/ I kinda wish I could get my early pregnancy tiredness thing back, minus the sleeping all day thing of course. ;) It would be lovely to get a proper night of sleep before baby comes and I get no sleep again...

Hope we're all well today - any news Cai? x

Last edited:
Cai - 3rd October
Mama bear - 16th October
ILoveCake- 15th January
Nellylou - 14th February
Dubchick - 18th February
Danni - 25th February
Dougal1983- 18th May

It wasn't last night :-( but I can safely say it will be this month!! ;-) lol. I'm def having an October baby xx

Cai - 3rd October
Mama bear - 16th October
ILoveCake- 15th January
Nellylou - 14th February
Dubchick - 18th February
Danni - 25th February
Dougal1983- 18th May

It wasn't last night :-( but I can safely say it will be this month!! ;-) lol. I'm def having an October baby xx

Really didn't wana hear from you this morning unless it was with a pic.. Sorry hun.. Maybe you can steal your nephews bday :D

Quick update. Rang hospital cos haven't really felt movements since yesterday morning so I'm going in for 2pm to be monitored.
I'm sure everything is fine and I will be back home alone after an hour or so but didn't wanna go and not tell u all lol x

Quick update. Rang hospital cos haven't really felt movements since yesterday morning so I'm going in for 2pm to be monitored. I'm sure everything is fine and I will be back home alone after an hour or so but didn't wanna go and not tell u all lol x

Good luck Cai - I'm sure everything is fine and baby is chilling ready for the big day. Two of the ladies at work who are recently back from mat leave both had reduced movements the day before they went into labour proper (they mentioned it yesterday when I was saying about my trip to PAU in the morning) so this could be it! xxx

Back