Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hope you get seen Cai!

I wake up starving every day now as well!

Dougal your immune system is lowered when pregnant so it's easier to catch things :-( I had food poisoning 3 times before my 12 weeks and morning sickness was bad until 14 weeks as well.

Felt baby kick last night for definite for first time so did DH! Before I've never been totally sure that's what it was and just had flutterings.

Morning all

I'm so hungry, I could eat a house!!!! Going to make some porridge with sultanas and apricots I think. Sounds good in my head, hopefully it is in reality.

Does anyone else wake up in the morning starvin Marvin? I would say most days I do.

Have a good day all

Penny x

How was the porridge? It sounded good to me
:p

Glad I'm not alone!
I want to wake up and it's November lol

November is my month- 12 week scan on the 6th, my 30th birthday on the 24th, holiday to Belgium on the 25th-28th plus birthday celebrations before and after :D

Bring on November!

Whilst I'm thinking about it- can you colour your hair whilst pregnant?

I did at 23 weeks. I wasn't sure if you should in first trimester. Someone else may know.
Ok thanks- I've got an appointment booked for when I'm 15 weeks so should be ok?

Glad I'm not alone!
I want to wake up and it's November lol

November is my month- 12 week scan on the 6th, my 30th birthday on the 24th, holiday to Belgium on the 25th-28th plus birthday celebrations before and after :D

Bring on November!
My birthday's november too.. 29th.. This is the first year I've felt I can't wait for it coz it always feel like Christmas right after and once it starts feeling like Christmas, the month flies and once Christmas n New Year are over i'm on count down :D :D
Hate my birthday as its so close to Christmas so I hate that people feel they need to spend money on me.. Christmas is expensive enough without worrying about spending on me!!

Whilst I'm thinking about it- can you colour your hair whilst pregnant?
It depends on what you're having done really... If its an all over, its preferred not to have it done and chemical can soak into your scalp n into blood stream but high lights are OK..
SAYING that though... Loads of women have their hair colours when pregnant so am not sure it'll do any harm...
Tho I am in DESPERATE need of a colour... I'm gona hold off til bubs is here

My birthday's november too.. 29th.. This is the first year I've felt I can't wait for it coz it always feel like Christmas right after and once it starts feeling like Christmas, the month flies and once Christmas n New Year are over i'm on count down :D :D
Hate my birthday as its so close to Christmas so I hate that people feel they need to spend money on me.. Christmas is expensive enough without worrying about spending on me!!

It depends on what you're having done really... If its an all over, its preferred not to have it done and chemical can soak into your scalp n into blood stream but high lights are OK..
SAYING that though... Loads of women have their hair colours when pregnant so am not sure it'll do any harm...
Tho I am in DESPERATE need of a colour... I'm gona hold off til bubs is here

I know what you mean about being close to Xmas but I rather like people spending money on me haha!!
Only once my birthday is over do I even consider buying anything Xmas related!
But I am looking forward to Xmas this year as it'll be our last child free one (scary!!) plus I'll be 20 weeks (halfway point!) on the 28th December and that means my scan will be before or after Xmas eek!

As for colour- my hairdresser does highlights in foils for my hair- she never puts colour directly onto my scalp as I suffered a reaction to it once.
My roots need doing desperately!

Wow, business again today - awesome! Dougal - whilst I didn't get a cold in the first tri, I did get hayfever for the first time in my life and also an infected tooth which I had to have removed. :( Was terrified of having it done in case it affected the baby in some way but it went fine and is well healed now. This of course on top of the sickness and tiredness that most of us get ;) Danni's right, we all have rubbish immune systems for the duration now ;) I did get a stinker of a cold last month though that seems to be lingering, three weeks on and I still have a stuffy nose! Boo :(

Got half way to work on my crutches this morning, gave up and got a taxi. They are such hard work! Going to try to do as much as I can without them tbh.

Danni - the first big kick is so exciting! And especially when it's strong enough that your OH can feel it too. I love mornings now when we can snuggle up in bed and baby is kicking against husband's hand, it's so lovely and reminds me why this is the best thing I'll ever do, despite the hormones and crutches and iron pills ;) x

Re: hair colouring, I'm horribly gray but holding off until baby arrives. I do it myself though, I think if I had it done professionally I might be more likely to have it done!

Ooh and I hope you are feeling better soon Cai and Dougal (and that your boy doesn't keep you waiting much longer Cai!) xxx

I know what you mean about being close to Xmas but I rather like people spending money on me haha!!
Only once my birthday is over do I even consider buying anything Xmas related!
But I am looking forward to Xmas this year as it'll be our last child free one (scary!!) plus I'll be 20 weeks (halfway point!) on the 28th December and that means my scan will be before or after Xmas eek!

As for colour- my hairdresser does highlights in foils for my hair- she never puts colour directly onto my scalp as I suffered a reaction to it once.
My roots need doing desperately!
Ah should be ok then.. But if you can, ask to sit near the door/window so the fumes aren't too strong... :)
I have an all over colour and its not blonde anymore so I can easily hold off having mine done.. Think I'd go organic if it just had to be done but its fine as it is... Yuck.. but fine :)

Yea i'm the same.. I won't acknowledge Christmas until my birthday is over..

Braved SW tonight and I've gained 1lb so that makes my pregnancy gain 2st 3.5lbs at nearly 30 weeks. Clearly that gain is all baby and is in no way related to all the cake I have eaten this week.. ;)

I'm going to try to be better this week - less chocolate and less cake! Being back on here is helping me get it into perspective - I don't need to eat all the crap I have been eating and baby certainly doesn't need it! So I really want to have a better week this week and actually try and feed me and my boy less sugar and crap that he doesn't need x

I love my comment from my husband, 'wow, that teeshirt makes you look really pregnant!' well you would never guess i am 36 weeks haha!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love my comment from my husband, 'wow, that teeshirt makes you look really pregnant!' well you would never guess i am 36 weeks haha! Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lol! Never mind the funny things kids say, husbands are even funnier sometimes! Mine keeps asking if I can still see my feet. It was funny to start with but it's getting boring now as he asks me nearly every day ;)

Braved SW tonight and I've gained 1lb so that makes my pregnancy gain 2st 3.5lbs at nearly 30 weeks. Clearly that gain is all baby and is in no way related to all the cake I have eaten this week.. ;)

I'm going to try to be better this week - less chocolate and less cake! Being back on here is helping me get it into perspective - I don't need to eat all the crap I have been eating and baby certainly doesn't need it! So I really want to have a better week this week and actually try and feed me and my boy less sugar and crap that he doesn't need x

A lb a week is what you're meant to be gaining. Plus most of it is water and bloating really don't worry Hun we know how to lose weight and at least once babies are here we have changes we can easily make so we should see the lbs drop again. I'm refusing to count cheese or eat nimble bread when pg just on principle! I will try to join you on reducing the chocolate nibbling though. :-!

I love my comment from my husband, 'wow, that teeshirt makes you look really pregnant!' well you would never guess i am 36 weeks haha!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

36 weeks pg I expect you do look pg lol!!!!

I'm doing a WW week this week but not counting milk or yogurts as they're for baby..
Cheese I HAVE to count as I'd eat a block of hard cheese in a day n not realise.. So I need to keep a check on that..
Although saying that.... I may have had a large big mac meal last night for dinner!!! Oopsies... (hangs head in shame)

Back