Pregnancy and Slimming World

Just thought I'd update on here as I've not been on for months - I'm 35 weeks with my twins today, babies doing well growing and getting ready. They are both head down and one is fully engaged making it feel like I've been on a bike for days!! I've been having some tightening and painful Braxton hicks this week, we're all packed and ready for the hospital but they may hang on in there. Next week I'll be given a date for induction at 38 week's if they havnt come themselves. The end is in sight!!
Diet Wise I've been dreadful for weeks, having whatever I've fancied. Not been on the plan since August :-(, big regrets now! It won't have helped me being off work and not particularly active - I'm at the waddling point and bump is huge!!! Measuring 49 weeks at last measure.

Everyone has been saying I look well and how I'm all bump but I know weight has gone on everywhere. I went to have my hair done yesterday, the mirrors there never make you feel good especially when you have foils on, but I was horrified at my reflection showing my chins!!!
I've been struggling still with big meals, particularly late in the evening. I'm much more comfortable eating stood up or on the run. Big meals make the tightening really hurt. It hasn't stopped me eating rubbish during the day though. I know that I can hardly do much about it now but I think a few days sensible eating will help me feel a bit better - I must drink lots of water too!!

I'm doing a WW week this week but not counting milk or yogurts as they're for baby.. Cheese I HAVE to count as I'd eat a block of hard cheese in a day n not realise.. So I need to keep a check on that.. Although saying that.... I may have had a large big mac meal last night for dinner!!! Oopsies... (hangs head in shame)

Shame?? There should be no shame in Big Macs! They are just a beef salad sandwich if you ask me ;-) x

Shame?? There should be no shame in Big Macs! They are just a beef salad sandwich if you ask me ;-) x
It was pretty awesome.. And it filled from 6pm for the rest of the evening so not so bad I guess... LOL
But its in the tracker and that's what counts right?! (tryna make myself feel better here.. lol )

RJG congratz on the twins.. WOW.. We'd have loved to have been blessed with twins.. For me, coz it'd be my whole family over in 1 pregnancy lol.. For him, probably coz means more playtime.. He's a big kid at heart.. lol

I wouldn't worry about weight at all.. God I'm knackered carrying 1 baby at only 20 weeks so can only imagine how exhausting it is to carry and grow 2 babies at once... Those bloody hairdressers mirrors never make me feel good.. I go in all ready for a nice treat and come out after seeing every lump n bump n my horrid skin in 10 mirrors at a time feeling pants...

Its scan day today, im starting to feel really nervous! also have horrible period type pains in my back, feels like im about to get my period which isnt nice :( maybe its the nerves making it feel worse.

Its at 3.30 :eek: will leave work ina round 10 mins x

Everything perfect, it's a girl!!! :-D x

Everything perfect, it's a girl!!! :-D x

Yay! So happy and excited for you lovely :D The scan is amazing isn't it, so detailed! xxx

Thank **** it's Friday! I an absolutely shattered and although this weekend coming is a busy one at least I won't be at work ;)

Got in to work fine this morning, definitely getting faster with crutches! It was such a busy day though and I'm getting stressed again which is worrying me. My hands feel huge from water retention, it's like typing with gloves on and I'm making tonnes of mistakes that I wouldn't normally make because of that and the tiredness. Can feel people getting fed up with me. Glad I'm out of there in five weeks! I ended up getting out late and had to speed crutch down to the bus. My bag kept falling off my shoulder and by the time I got to the bus I was about ready to cry with frustration. Best thing is when you're struggling and everyone just stares at you. Loneliness feeling in the world :/

My good food day has been better than usual but now I just want to eat crap. So husband has gone to get supplies and we're having either fajitas or nachos, depending on what he can find. He's picking up pudding too - naughty I know but I'm so pee'd off with today that I don't care!

Hope you all had better days than me (I know you did Nelly - you and your little girl!) xxx

Aww missy sounds like a rubbish day! Hope you enjoyed your tea anyway x

Congratulations Nelly! X

Aww missy sounds like a rubbish day! Hope you enjoyed your tea anyway x Congratulations Nelly! X

I did, thank you. Although I did do a bit of a cry when he brought home ice cream instead of cake! How daft, I think I need putting away lol ;)

Got first midwife appointment this afternoon :)

Got first midwife appointment this afternoon :)

Ooooh good luck! It's so exciting for the first appointment, once you get past the blood test and the form filling ;) x

Ooooh good luck! It's so exciting for the first appointment, once you get past the blood test and the form filling ;) x
It means I'm getting closer to seeing baby for first time too!!
Midwife told me on the phone it's all done on a tablet now, no form filling as such.
Anyone else experienced this or is it that new that I'm one of the first??!

Back