Pregnancy and Slimming World

Little boys are lushous!!!!!! They always adore their mums. I e noticed amongst my friends far more girls being born too.

I was only saying this to my BF yesterday.. Girl's are SOO much harder.. People always say it but I know my niece is a little witch, n her brothers were always so good.. So mannerly and well behaved and just easier in general to get into routines etc..
Same with his nieces.. 2 right little madams n their brothers are so good.. And give out so many more cuddles!!!!!

Just been chatting to J's sister about what vaccines she did n didn't get while pregnant on her 2 and have decided I'm not having any of the vaccines.. Baby will be get them early on anyway so will be protected...
As I've mentioned before.. I'll not even take a paracetemol so wasn't happy about getting any vaccines and knowing baby will get protected so early on anyway i'm much happier to not have them... :D

Afternoon all!

Well on Sunday I felt rough. Looked like I lost a little bit of plug (never happened with my first two). Had loads of tightenings yesterday too. We went to Ikea to get a few bits and took the direct route rather than walk around. I scurried off to the loo feeling like I had peed myself which I've never done. Realised I'd lost a wee bit more plug and continued to tighten all day.
Today I've not lost anymore nor have I really tightened at all.
The house is all clean and ready. Moses basket built etc.
Just resting with ds now before school pick up at 2.

How's everyone else?

Mama-bear x

Afternoon all!

Well on Sunday I felt rough. Looked like I lost a little bit of plug (never happened with my first two). Had loads of tightenings yesterday too. We went to Ikea to get a few bits and took the direct route rather than walk around. I scurried off to the loo feeling like I had peed myself which I've never done. Realised I'd lost a wee bit more plug and continued to tighten all day.
Today I've not lost anymore nor have I really tightened at all.
The house is all clean and ready. Moses basket built etc.
Just resting with ds now before school pick up at 2.

How's everyone else?

Mama-bear x
Ooh MamaBear exciting times.... Keep us posted :D

Afternoon all! Well on Sunday I felt rough. Looked like I lost a little bit of plug (never happened with my first two). Had loads of tightenings yesterday too. We went to Ikea to get a few bits and took the direct route rather than walk around. I scurried off to the loo feeling like I had peed myself which I've never done. Realised I'd lost a wee bit more plug and continued to tighten all day. Today I've not lost anymore nor have I really tightened at all. The house is all clean and ready. Moses basket built etc. Just resting with ds now before school pick up at 2. How's everyone else? Mama-bear x

Ooh sounds like labour is not far off now. How exciting. Hope it all goes well for you x

That sounds like everything's moving in the right direction Mamabear! Keep us posted :)

I'm not too bad today, had my vaccinations this morning and that went fine. I was really nervous beforehand, all the scare stories stick in your head of course (same as when I had my tooth pulled) but it was fine, they didn't really hurt at all and little dude is really active and wriggly today so I feel reassured that I've made the right decision. Well it's made now anyway, right or wrong. I do feel like I have two dead arms though and using my crutches is now tricky due to the arm ache!

Husband is doing all the housework today as he's off work and he's preparing most of dinner for me too so all I have to do is finishing touches when I get in. So hopefully it'll be a nice chilled evening for me, husband and mister baby :) x

Well saw the midwife this morning. All good. I'm measuring bang on 26 weeks which is good given I am 26 +1. Booked in for flu jab on Saturday then back to midwife in 2 weeks time for another check up. All good in the hood!!

I'm definitely feeling more breathless these days. Coming to the end of second trimester so guessing tiredness is going to increase again now.

Last day at work is 13th December so less than 2 months now. I'm taking annual leave then maternity leave starts on 6th jan, 2 weeks before due date.

We ordered the Moses basket and bedding on Sunday night. Can't wait for it to arrive now. Still need to order the travel system. We are having handyman round next wed and thurs to do a few odd paint work jobs so after that we will start building baby's cot and making it look more like a bedroom than a junk yard!

Hope everyone is doing well x

That sounds like everything's moving in the right direction Mamabear! Keep us posted :) I'm not too bad today, had my vaccinations this morning and that went fine. I was really nervous beforehand, all the scare stories stick in your head of course (same as when I had my tooth pulled) but it was fine, they didn't really hurt at all and little dude is really active and wriggly today so I feel reassured that I've made the right decision. Well it's made now anyway, right or wrong. I do feel like I have two dead arms though and using my crutches is now tricky due to the arm ache! Husband is doing all the housework today as he's off work and he's preparing most of dinner for me too so all I have to do is finishing touches when I get in. So hopefully it'll be a nice chilled evening for me, husband and mister baby :) x

Ouch to having both vaccinations at the same time. I've got flu jab this Saturday and I guess whooping cough in few weeks although not booked yet. Bet it hurts using those arms to carry you now too. Hugs

Well done your husband. I'm off to meeting with building society at 3 then going to my parents tonight so don't need to cook either, yay.

Hope you have a good evening x

I had another bout of sickness this morning :(
So off work again! I'm at home more than I am at work at the moment!!
It seems to have passed now so I'm just having a chilled out day really.
A lot of cramping and aching in my lower back yesterday, nothing major, but it does make you think!
3 weeks tomorrow until we see baby Baker for the first time eek :) :)
I just want to know she's ok in there and alls well and then I can tell people and start shopping for her :)

Hope everyone else is well x

Ouch to having both vaccinations at the same time. I've got flu jab this Saturday and I guess whooping cough in few weeks although not booked yet. Bet it hurts using those arms to carry you now too. Hugs Well done your husband. I'm off to meeting with building society at 3 then going to my parents tonight so don't need to cook either, yay. Hope you have a good evening x

Huzzah to not cooking! We are lucky ladies tonight ;)

Yeah, it's v sore but the crutches ain't helping. I will have beefy arms by the time this is all done! I just figured it was easier to get it all done at once in one appt and midwife said it was safe to do so when I asked. They recommend you have the whooping cough vaccine between 28 and 32 weeks so give it a couple of weeks and it'll be your go. It's a bit more sore than the flu jab but could be a lot worse :)

It feels great getting all the bits sorted out eh? And the shopping/bargain hunting is so much fun. On that note, I got a text off my MIL who has sourced us a second hand cot which she collected today. Even better, it came with a free travel cot and what she described as a baby gym! Really pleased with that - we have so much stuff for him now, it's just amazing! x

I had another bout of sickness this morning :( So off work again! I'm at home more than I am at work at the moment!! It seems to have passed now so I'm just having a chilled out day really. A lot of cramping and aching in my lower back yesterday, nothing major, but it does make you think! 3 weeks tomorrow until we see baby Baker for the first time eek :) :) I just want to know she's ok in there and alls well and then I can tell people and start shopping for her :) Hope everyone else is well x

Ah bless you :( Hope it passes soon - don't worry about being off work either, your better at home if you're feeling poorly. I had a lot of cramps and back pain early on, I think it's pretty common as everything stretches out but give your midwife a shout if it ever feels like it's too much.

Not long to wait now! It's so hard not to be anxious m to begin with, when you can't feel them moving yet, but it'll be amazing when you see your little one for the first time <3

Huzzah to not cooking! We are lucky ladies tonight ;) Yeah, it's v sore but the crutches ain't helping. I will have beefy arms by the time this is all done! I just figured it was easier to get it all done at once in one appt and midwife said it was safe to do so when I asked. They recommend you have the whooping cough vaccine between 28 and 32 weeks so give it a couple of weeks and it'll be your go. It's a bit more sore than the flu jab but could be a lot worse :) It feels great getting all the bits sorted out eh? And the shopping/bargain hunting is so much fun. On that note, I got a text off my MIL who has sourced us a second hand cot which she collected today. Even better, it came with a free travel cot and what she described as a baby gym! Really pleased with that - we have so much stuff for him now, it's just amazing! x

Cool, I'll ask midwife in 2 weeks when I'm 28 weeks about whooping cough injection then. I'm a pansy when it comes to injections although not as bad as when I have to have blood taken. They always struggle and I fainted once so now I get myself in such a state beforehand.

Oh wow, your MIL is a star. That is fab. The reason we haven't bought the travel system is because we are waiting for a discount. Mothercare have had 20% off furniture then 20% off bedding but no 20% off travel systems so we are holding out in hope. To be honest I think we will wait a month more and then just order it. Don't think we can risk waiting any longer. Would be nice to get some money off it though.

I love buying for baby. So much fun. X

Ouch to having both vaccinations at the same time. I've got flu jab this Saturday and I guess whooping cough in few weeks although not booked yet. Bet it hurts using those arms to carry you now too. Hugs

Well done your husband. I'm off to meeting with building society at 3 then going to my parents tonight so don't need to cook either, yay.

Hope you have a good evening x
I want someone to cook for me :(
BF was up at 6am n no doubt home late so can't expect him to do it... So guess its me again...
Hope you ladies realise how lucky you are... lol

I had another bout of sickness this morning :(
So off work again! I'm at home more than I am at work at the moment!!
It seems to have passed now so I'm just having a chilled out day really.
A lot of cramping and aching in my lower back yesterday, nothing major, but it does make you think!
3 weeks tomorrow until we see baby Baker for the first time eek :) :)
I just want to know she's ok in there and alls well and then I can tell people and start shopping for her :)

Hope everyone else is well x
Boo to the sickness... Glad it seems to have gone off for now though..
BF was going to buy our pram today as he's working up North (Belfast) so was making a saving but its not in stock.. Half gutted, half happy... Don't want to have any of the big stuff in til nearer the end.. Just in case something goes wrong so getting it now wasn't ideal for me.. But means no saving.. boo..

Cool, I'll ask midwife in 2 weeks when I'm 28 weeks about whooping cough injection then. I'm a pansy when it comes to injections although not as bad as when I have to have blood taken. They always struggle and I fainted once so now I get myself in such a state beforehand. Oh wow, your MIL is a star. That is fab. The reason we haven't bought the travel system is because we are waiting for a discount. Mothercare have had 20% off furniture then 20% off bedding but no 20% off travel systems so we are holding out in hope. To be honest I think we will wait a month more and then just order it. Don't think we can risk waiting any longer. Would be nice to get some money off it though. I love buying for baby. So much fun. X

They do have some on offer at the mo online so it's worth having a look! A couple of the silver cross prams are on offer, as are their own brand ones (the orb, I think it is?). We cheated and bought ours online but checked it out in the shops first to make sure we liked it :)

I'm not keen on needles either, despite being covered in tattoos! The injections were fine though and hurt much less than a blood test so don't worry too much :) x

Ah bless you :( Hope it passes soon - don't worry about being off work either, your better at home if you're feeling poorly. I had a lot of cramps and back pain early on, I think it's pretty common as everything stretches out but give your midwife a shout if it ever feels like it's too much.

Not long to wait now! It's so hard not to be anxious m to begin with, when you can't feel them moving yet, but it'll be amazing when you see your little one for the first time <3
Yeh and I have the best manager in the world who actually cares and would rather I was at home when poorly!
The only downside is people at work are starting to guess what's going on as I'm off sick so often- I can only use the sickness bug excuse so many times!
I'm just over 9 weeks now so prob got a few more weeks of this- the nausea I can handle, it's not nice but bearable but the sickness is just horrid.
I'm sure there's many women that get it a lot worse than me so that makes me put up with it! And I know it's all worth it :)
I'd rather have the symptoms than not as that means baby is still in there <3

I do suffer with anxiety so it doesn't help and this being a first pregnancy as well, got pregnant at first attempt, so very very lucky but still scared!
MIL is dying to tell people and is actually counting down until the 6th when we see baby and alls well so she can tell people! Bless her, I think she thought she wasn't getting any grandchildren just grand-dogs instead!

When you had your 12 week scan, did you have to buy the photos? The letter I got said its £5 a copy and you have to tell sonographer how many you want- all well and good but we have a massive long list!
I suppose we could photocopy it??

I'd rather have the symptoms than not as that means baby is still in there <3
I had very little sickness and it scared the sh1t out of me!!
I was constantly having panic attacks thinking something awful has happened..
I was sick every now n then but it literally came from nowhere, happened then was gone... And I was so thankful for it as it was reassurance in a way.. but was awful not having any sickness or symptoms... I never thought I'd say I wanted to have MS but seriously not having it is far worse IMO...

I had no sickness or any other pregnancy symptoms with Finlay, I took at least 6 tests in the 4 weeks from finding out I was expecting til 12 week scan just to make sure I was pregnant. This time around is so different, I found out I was pregnant at 8 weeks again and I only took test because I was feeling so nauseous all the time. With Finlay I had bad heartburn and indigestion for the last 10 or so weeks, I have this already (I'm 17+5). I'm having all the aches, pains and niggles already that didn't get til late on last time and I didn't show until I was gone 25 weeks, I've already got a bump xxx

I had no sickness or any other pregnancy symptoms with Finlay, I took at least 6 tests in the 4 weeks from finding out I was expecting til 12 week scan just to make sure I was pregnant. This time around is so different, I found out I was pregnant at 8 weeks again and I only took test because I was feeling so nauseous all the time. With Finlay I had bad heartburn and indigestion for the last 10 or so weeks, I have this already (I'm 17+5). I'm having all the aches, pains and niggles already that didn't get til late on last time and I didn't show until I was gone 25 weeks, I've already got a bump xxx

Its mental how every pregnancy is so different isn't it?!

They do have some on offer at the mo online so it's worth having a look! A couple of the silver cross prams are on offer, as are their own brand ones (the orb, I think it is?). We cheated and bought ours online but checked it out in the shops first to make sure we liked it :)

I'm not keen on needles either, despite being covered in tattoos! The injections were fine though and hurt much less than a blood test so don't worry too much :) x

I had both injections at same time as there was a cut of point for whooping cough. When i was younger I had a kidney condition and spent a lot of time in hospital getting needles poked in my feet. But the flu and whooping jabs take 2 secs and they are done. I had bad brusing after but it was purely superficial and didn't hurt :)

Mamabear - the plug and the stretching sounds like your body is preparing for labour, how exciting, eek! I am suffering from so much pain with my pelvis and the baby's head is engaged down there . It is so exhausting now especially on my bladder and last night went toilet ten times, boo!

My son is a total daddy's boy and very mischievous and is going through terrible twos!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back