Pregnancy and Slimming World

The smell thing for me was awful at first, boyfriends breath just turned my stomach! Felt really guilty but didn't want to kiss him or let him breath on me while he was asleep - blerghhh! Glad that symptoms gone ;) (I wouldn't say he has bad breath at all, just couldn't deal with it) poor boy!

Aw, poor boy! Did you tell him or is he still in blissful ignorance? ;) It's funny how things change though, the smell thing is especially weird. I was convinced the kitchen smelled bad so husband bought an air freshener, the smell of which also made me feel sick. So he threw it away but for weeks I didn't believe him and accused him of secretly keeping it somewhere cos I was sure I could still smell it! So bizarre...

Lol I used to be vegetarian and it was bacon sandwiches that turned me...

I think I may give in before this baby comes but plan on being fully veggie again afterwards. At about 14 weeks the boss brought us breakfast cobs one Friday and the guy doing the ordering refused to get me a bacon cob and said I'd regret it. I actually cried. Because he wouldn't buy me a bacon cob. How sad is that?!

At my hospital you pay for one poxy scan picture at a grand total of a tenner!
Wait till you get to third trimester it is so hard to keep on top of things with cooking and the like, the exhaustion is a killer!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

At my hospital you pay for one poxy scan picture at a grand total of a tenner! Wait till you get to third trimester it is so hard to keep on top of things with cooking and the like, the exhaustion is a killer! Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm only just in the third tri and I'm knackered! Am very lucky that husband works part time in a way, we may be skint but he is doing pretty much all the cooking and housework. Suits me fine!

Aw, poor boy! Did you tell him or is he still in blissful ignorance? ;) It's funny how things change though, the smell thing is especially weird. I was convinced the kitchen smelled bad so husband bought an air freshener, the smell of which also made me feel sick. So he threw it away but for weeks I didn't believe him and accused him of secretly keeping it somewhere cos I was sure I could still smell it! So bizarre...

Nope couldn't tell him although think he came close to realising as I kept squirming away from him ;p

I'm only just in the third tri and I'm knackered! Am very lucky that husband works part time in a way, we may be skint but he is doing pretty much all the cooking and housework. Suits me fine!

Bless you, your husband sounds amaZing support. My husband is brill too but get us making our wardrobe and other things so i am left looking after a toddler cooking cleaning etc :'(

I feel so much better for vomiting might get some sleep now. This acid reflux is a killer! Not looking forward to taking my son to toddler group later ZZZ

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Bless you, your husband sounds amaZing support. My husband is brill too but get us making our wardrobe and other things so i am left looking after a toddler cooking cleaning etc :'( I feel so much better for vomiting might get some sleep now. This acid reflux is a killer! Not looking forward to taking my son to toddler group later ZZZ Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

He's fab bless him <3 Hope your reflux improves, I get it as an IBS symptom and it's grim! x

Physio day for me and I now have a hugeass support belt to match my crutches. I have more exercises to do and an appointment in five weeks to discuss birth options in terms of how far my legs will go and if I can do it naturally. They think I can at the mo which is fab, let's hope it stays that way! It was quite funny when the physio described my pelvic floor muscles as 'rubbish'. Apparently they are incredibly weak which could explain my current problems (one of them being the one in question here, the other bring a little embarrassing!).

Also had a chat with work who are worried about me and that it's getting too much which tbh it is. Although I could go on mat leave now I really don't want to as I want maximum time with baby once he's here. Plus the money situation is a worry and going later gives husband more time to get a new job. They want to put me back on light duties but it's a totally different job and I just don't enjoy it. My other option is just to start mat leave in two weeks instead of three. I have no idea what's for the best but struggling into work every day in pretty much constant pain is not helping and I can't see my pelvis getting much better until I can stop walking so much. It's a dilemma!

Hope you guys and bumps are all doing ok today :) xxx

Last edited:
Missy, I hope the support belt helps, I found them good for walking but impossible to sit in. Hold off with the maternity decision, take it as long as you can until you decide. You have to look after you too and if you need time off then you can't help that.

All is ok here, baby is hiccuping regularly now, the most so far is 8 hiccups in a row. Just coming into the third trimester shortly. It seems like two minutes ago I was 14 weeks, yet the pg seems so slow. I always find pg so surreal.

Missy, I hope the support belt helps, I found them good for walking but impossible to sit in. Hold off with the maternity decision, take it as long as you can until you decide. You have to look after you too and if you need time off then you can't help that.

All is ok here, baby is hiccuping regularly now, the most so far is 8 hiccups in a row. Just coming into the third trimester shortly. It seems like two minutes ago I was 14 weeks, yet the pg seems so slow. I always find pg so surreal.
OMG how cute...

Missy, I hope the support belt helps, I found them good for walking but impossible to sit in. Hold off with the maternity decision, take it as long as you can until you decide. You have to look after you too and if you need time off then you can't help that. All is ok here, baby is hiccuping regularly now, the most so far is 8 hiccups in a row. Just coming into the third trimester shortly. It seems like two minutes ago I was 14 weeks, yet the pg seems so slow. I always find pg so surreal.

Aww cute baby hiccuping. Can't wait for that moment myself. Can't believe baby due in 14 weeks here either. Does go quickly after half way point I think. Can blinking wait though x

The hiccuping is so funny, I didn't know what it was until I was on the monitor in PAU and midwife pointed it out to me as she could tell from the trace. So cute! <3

Time is flying now - can't believe I only have 8 weeks and 2 days left! It seems to have all gone so fast recently and everyone else's pregnancies are flying by too! x

Had my 40+1 appointment today and all is well.

Still haven't had any signs since Monday night/Tuesday day so looks like consultant is right and I'll still be here in a fortnight.

Mama-bear x

Had my 40+1 appointment today and all is well.

Still haven't had any signs since Monday night/Tuesday day so looks like consultant is right and I'll still be here in a fortnight.

Mama-bear x

Awww.... Was hoping for new pix sooner (as am sure u were hoping for new baby snuggles) but great all is well x

Had my 40+1 appointment today and all is well. Still haven't had any signs since Monday night/Tuesday day so looks like consultant is right and I'll still be here in a fortnight. Mama-bear x

Glad to hear all is well - hopefully you'll get a bit of forward movement soon but I'm sure baby will come when he's ready, seems like babies don't like to be rushed ;) x

Had my 40+1 appointment today and all is well. Still haven't had any signs since Monday night/Tuesday day so looks like consultant is right and I'll still be here in a fortnight. Mama-bear x

Will they not give you a sweep next week? My midwife said they try not to allow people go over more then 7-10 days. Glad all is good though x

Will they not give you a sweep next week? My midwife said they try not to allow people go over more then 7-10 days. Glad all is good though x

Research shows that sweeps can be dangerous and lead to more intervention. I made a big mistake allowing the hospital to induce me and my daughter ended up in scbu after getting her wee stomach pumped. I had a terrible section and mrsa which took 6 months for the doctor to sign me off as fit. I can't be induced this time as I've had 2 previous sections. Instead I am being monitored to check both baby and I are fine.

Some countries class 42 or 43 weeks as full term. Amish and Mormon communities (some not all) use 48 weeks as full term.

The WHO state 42 weeks is full term and no one is overdue untill 42+1 after which monitoring is perfectly safe.

Sorry to sound like I'm ranting but I have researched this alot and sought medical advice as to what is safer. Unfortunately there is more risk to a 3rd section than a vba2c. Fingers crossed baby arrives naturally. I'm part of a support group full of women who have had sections and given birth naturally after even 4 etc. It usually happens between weeks 42 and 43 as this is when baby is ready :)

Mama-bear x

Research shows that sweeps can be dangerous and lead to more intervention. I made a big mistake allowing the hospital to induce me and my daughter ended up in scbu after getting her wee stomach pumped. I had a terrible section and mrsa which took 6 months for the doctor to sign me off as fit. I can't be induced this time as I've had 2 previous sections. Instead I am being monitored to check both baby and I are fine. Some countries class 42 or 43 weeks as full term. Amish and Mormon communities (some not all) use 48 weeks as full term. The WHO state 42 weeks is full term and no one is overdue untill 42+1 after which monitoring is perfectly safe. Sorry to sound like I'm ranting but I have researched this alot and sought medical advice as to what is safer. Unfortunately there is more risk to a 3rd section than a vba2c. Fingers crossed baby arrives naturally. I'm part of a support group full of women who have had sections and given birth naturally after even 4 etc. It usually happens between weeks 42 and 43 as this is when baby is ready :) Mama-bear x

That's interesting. I am not doubting what you're saying is correct. I just wonder why midwifed/drs want to do sweeps then that early. Why don't they for example wait til 42 or 43 weeks then? Hmm bit concerning if it's harmful for baby.

I really hope that your babe continues to do well and pops out soon naturally :) x

That's interesting. I am not doubting what you're saying is correct. I just wonder why midwifed/drs want to do sweeps then that early. Why don't they for example wait til 42 or 43 weeks then? Hmm bit concerning if it's harmful for baby.

I really hope that your babe continues to do well and pops out soon naturally :) x

Surely is interesting.
Can u refuse a sweep??

Back