Pregnancy and Slimming World

Not really no, it's still hanging around. Getting terrible indigestion and reflux- I suffer with IBS too so that doesn't help. Been quite constipated too :( Been out to Morrisons with Mum and Nan, saw some old friends (I used to work there) got myself a pork pie and a bag of Quavers for lunch :eat: Had a look at baby stuff, turns out my Nan has started knitting already!! She's so excited, she never thought she'd be a great grandma :)

Ah bless you, it's normal to still have it at 10 weeks but hopefully the worst is over now. I had the reflux as I said but the opposite problem to constipation lol ;) I still do but I think that's the iron tablets now haha! Lunch sounds naughty and lovely! I had a white bread sandwich again, wholemeal just doesn't do it for me now! x

Ah bless you, it's normal to still have it at 10 weeks but hopefully the worst is over now. I had the reflux as I said but the opposite problem to constipation lol ;) I still do but I think that's the iron tablets now haha! Lunch sounds naughty and lovely! I had a white bread sandwich again, wholemeal just doesn't do it for me now! x
Same here! I totally dislike the taste of wholemeal bread these days urgh!
I actually had a white ciabatta roll with sliced turkey breast, the pork pie (it was a little 'un), Quavers and then a couple of peanut cookies :eat:
I also destroyed a Twirl before that and I have a Twix for later!!
Dinner is a cottage pie with veggies so at least that's healthy! (I failed to mention the cheesecake slices we have got for pudding!!!)

Same here! I totally dislike the taste of wholemeal bread these days urgh! I actually had a white ciabatta roll with sliced turkey breast, the pork pie (it was a little 'un), Quavers and then a couple of peanut cookies :eat: I also destroyed a Twirl before that and I have a Twix for later!! Dinner is a cottage pie with veggies so at least that's healthy! (I failed to mention the cheesecake slices we have got for pudding!!!)

Ah bless you, just enjoy eating I say! Especially if you're feeling ill, just have what you fancy, it won't hurt for a while :) xxx

Peanuts, this has changed so much over the last 10 years.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx#close

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x536445/is-it-safe-to-eat-peanuts-during-pregnancy

This bit is interesting.

'Some experts suggest that eating peanuts during pregnancy may even make your child less likely to develop a peanut allergy. Children from cultures who eat peanuts from an early age seem to be protected against the allergy, though more research is needed'.

Hope posting links is ok. I'm not one for studying rules.

I did avoid peanuts with my first pregnancy but as a vegetarian I do now eat nuts regularly in pregnancy. No family allergies here though.

No snickers are safe now lol!

Hope you're all well. I have a headache, might need to hibernate for a bit.

I was told advice re nuts had changed by my midwife so I've eaten them all the way through :)

No nut allergies in my family at all and midwife said they are safe :)

No longer having cottage pie for dinner thanks to our cat!
I left out a packet of mince to defrost before I went out this morning and husband forgot to close kitchen door before he left for work and the cat was in the house....
Do I need to say more?!?!
Quarter of the pack he had, the little b*****d!!
So that's had to go in the bin and a Dominos has been ordered instead!!
Potato wedges, garlic and herb dip and a margarita pizza for me whilst hubby has chicken kickers (used to be my fave but can't stomach them now!) and a Texas BBQ pizza :eat:

No nut allergies in my family at all and midwife said they are safe :) No longer having cottage pie for dinner thanks to our cat! I left out a packet of mince to defrost before I went out this morning and husband forgot to close kitchen door before he left for work and the cat was in the house.... Do I need to say more?!?! Quarter of the pack he had, the little b*****d!! So that's had to go in the bin and a Dominos has been ordered instead!! Potato wedges, garlic and herb dip and a margarita pizza for me whilst hubby has chicken kickers (used to be my fave but can't stomach them now!) and a Texas BBQ pizza :eat:

I would say naughty cat but at least he got you pizza inadvertently lol ;) Enjoy!

I'm having a Sunday dinner on Saturday. Other than a tiny bit of honey for roasting parsnips in and some stuffing balls made from a packet mix it's pretty SW friendly ;)

And my only real naughtiness this afternoon was a decaf skinny latte and a ginger biscuit so could have been much worse! I needed a decent day so really happy with this :)

Well that didn't go well- ate the potato wedges (yummy as always) but as soon as I opened the pizza box, the smell of cheese hit me and I felt ill :(
Could only manage one slice and I felt nauseous after so I ended up having a slice of hubby's Texas BBQ which I really enjoyed.
He's kindly left me a slice of his for later bless him <3
Can only think it's the cheese and tomato that made me gag as the Texas BBQ uses BBQ sauce and less cheese... It's odd because I usually have a Carolina (crispy onions, bacon, mustard mayo, chicken) but really fancied margarita tonight yet couldn't eat it... Yet I've been ok with cheese so far... Ah it was melted cheese, maybe that's the problem?!

Anyway still got the slice of BBQ and my Twix if I get hungry later :)

(On the cat front, he got kicked out and has yet to reappear- sure he'll be in before bedtime as he loves cuddles at night and I suppose we should forgive him :))

Evening Ladies,

I've just been reading through the thread and catching up on all your news! Not been around much myself due to work, lots of hospital appts, ante natal classes and building work in the house! I'm now 32 + 4 and still team yellow although I have growth scans every two weeks and it is so tempting to find out lol! I only have three weeks left in work and then that's it a bit of annual leave to relax before my lil bean arrives! Feeling quite overwhelmed at the mo with all I have left to do but at least all is looking good with bean - although cooking big lol! I have developed GD and carpel tunnel but am continuing to follow SW and am loosing a lil weight! Hope your all doing well!

K x x

Warning potential TMI!

Ladies i have some good news if you are sick of being constipated in the later stages of pregnancy it goes the other way due to the body cleaning your system out.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've hardly had any constipation, its always been the other way round for me! Had a few days where I have literally only just made it lol but I'm fairly sure a lot of it is the iron tablets with me... ;)

Glad to hear you're doing ok Kez! xxx

Same here. Not sure which is worse at times!

I know, it's funny cos it's the exact opposite of what you get told to expect! It's just as nasty though in its own way. Mind is def getting worse, stupid anaemia! :(

I know, it's funny cos it's the exact opposite of what you get told to expect! It's just as nasty though in its own way. Mind is def getting worse, stupid anaemia! :(

I can put up with it apart from when you suddenly need the loo with no warning. That's when it is tricky. Always paranoid where the nearest loo is

I can put up with it apart from when you suddenly need the loo with no warning. That's when it is tricky. Always paranoid where the nearest loo is

Hells yes, it can be tricky! I only usually get the no warning thing in the morning thank goodness so it could be worse ;)

Crying for no reason this morning wtf?!?!?!
Damn hormones!
Husband is making me a bacon sandwich tho <3 :eat:

Crying for no reason this morning wtf?!?!?! Damn hormones! Husband is making me a bacon sandwich tho <3 :eat:

It doesn't get better I'm afraid, I cry at the drop of a hat these days! Was crying in M&S yesterday looking at baby toys lol and I dunno if you saw in my diary but I had a complete meltdown over husband using the last of the margarine on Friday lol. Pregnancy addles our brains. ;) Good hubby for sorting you brekkie out though! xxx

It doesn't get better I'm afraid, I cry at the drop of a hat these days! Was crying in M&S yesterday looking at baby toys lol and I dunno if you saw in my diary but I had a complete meltdown over husband using the last of the margarine on Friday lol. Pregnancy addles our brains. ;) Good hubby for sorting you brekkie out though! xxx
Lol yes I saw about the margarine and all I could think was that's something I'd do!!
I'm known for picking on hubby for the smallest things (like not putting a glass away, etc) so pregnancy can only make me worse haha!
Yeh he's good and he's offered to make dinner too yay :)
So I shall be doing nothing today :)

Last edited:
Peanuts, this has changed so much over the last 10 years.

Foods to avoid in pregnancy - Pregnancy and baby guide - NHS Choices

Is it safe to eat peanuts during pregnancy? - BabyCentre

This bit is interesting.

'Some experts suggest that eating peanuts during pregnancy may even make your child less likely to develop a peanut allergy. Children from cultures who eat peanuts from an early age seem to be protected against the allergy, though more research is needed'.

Hope posting links is ok. I'm not one for studying rules.

I did avoid peanuts with my first pregnancy but as a vegetarian I do now eat nuts regularly in pregnancy. No family allergies here though.

No snickers are safe now lol!

Hope you're all well. I have a headache, might need to hibernate for a bit.
Yea I knew things had changed as long as there were no allergies on either side...
My cons recommended walnuts once a day.. I don't like nuts tho ;)lol

No nut allergies in my family at all and midwife said they are safe :)

No longer having cottage pie for dinner thanks to our cat!
I left out a packet of mince to defrost before I went out this morning and husband forgot to close kitchen door before he left for work and the cat was in the house....
Do I need to say more?!?!
Quarter of the pack he had, the little b*****d!!
So that's had to go in the bin and a Dominos has been ordered instead!!
Potato wedges, garlic and herb dip and a margarita pizza for me whilst hubby has chicken kickers (used to be my fave but can't stomach them now!) and a Texas BBQ pizza :eat:
Hmm... Think I need a cat to come give me an excuse for pizza lol
Evening Ladies,

I've just been reading through the thread and catching up on all your news! Not been around much myself due to work, lots of hospital appts, ante natal classes and building work in the house! I'm now 32 + 4 and still team yellow although I have growth scans every two weeks and it is so tempting to find out lol! I only have three weeks left in work and then that's it a bit of annual leave to relax before my lil bean arrives! Feeling quite overwhelmed at the mo with all I have left to do but at least all is looking good with bean - although cooking big lol! I have developed GD and carpel tunnel but am continuing to follow SW and am loosing a lil weight! Hope your all doing well!

K x x
Hey CrazyKez.. Well done sticking with SW especially with all that's been thrown at you...

Warning potential TMI!

Ladies i have some good news if you are sick of being constipated in the later stages of pregnancy it goes the other way due to the body cleaning your system out.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app
Things started kicking off???
Crying for no reason this morning wtf?!?!?!
Damn hormones!
Husband is making me a bacon sandwich tho <3 :eat:
Hah a.. This was me the other night.. I went to bed crying coz OH say on the other sofa.. LOL
Didn't matter that I was laid across the one I was on, duvet n all n feet up...

Back