Pregnancy and Slimming World

The hospital called a little while ago as I had a blood test this morning to check my hormone level. Sadly it is extremely low and it makes it highly likely that we miscarry the baby sooner rather than later. We are both totally devastated

Oh no, I'm sorry hun :( Have they said what happens now? I hope they're looking after you well and that you're well supported with whatever happens next. xxx

The hospital called a little while ago as I had a blood test this morning to check my hormone level. Sadly it is extremely low and it makes it highly likely that we miscarry the baby sooner rather than later. We are both totally devastated

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you. Have they said next steps? Hope you're getting cared for x

So sorry to hear that, hope you're getting plenty of support xxx

So sorry maypole :( thinking of you x

So sorry maypole. I hope you're ok. Xxxx

Thanks ladies sorry to bring this thread down. I'm ok me and hubby seem to be taking turns in crying. I am really missing my mum at the moment it will be 2 years on 17th since she died I am missing her more than ever. Her words always use to make things better. Thanks again for everyone's lovely words x

Thanks ladies sorry to bring this thread down. I'm ok me and hubby seem to be taking turns in crying. I am really missing my mum at the moment it will be 2 years on 17th since she died I am missing her more than ever. Her words always use to make things better. Thanks again for everyone's lovely words x

You're not bringing anything down so please don't worry about that. Just concentrate on you and hubby for now xxx

Last edited:

Maypole,

I just wanted to say that my thoughts are with you - there are no real words of comfort but take heart in the fact that those who care and love you will be there for you both. I had two miscarriages before my rainbow baby and like you had lost my Mum. The only things that kept me going were my husbands love and the thought my babies were safe in my Mums arms until I could be with them. (That might sound silly to some but it helped me)

Take time to grief and heal and draw on the strength of you and your partners love!

Much love x

So sorry to hear of your loss Maypole, sending hugs x look after yourself and hubby x

How is everyone (and bumps!) today?

I had my 16 wk midwife appt today and it went very well, ESP as I got to hear baby's heartbeat :) :) :)

Only one area of concern is they found protein in my wee, which apparently could mean an infection.
Anyone else experienced this and is it anything to worry about?
Midwife didn't seem that concerned so I'm hoping not. Got to ring up Monday for the results.

I'm still suffering with the sickness- I was fine whilst in Belgium on holiday but since I've been back so has the sickness :(

Really hoping it's going to go away soon!! (In time for Xmas I hope!)

Now begins the countdown to my 20 wk scan on 2nd January :)

How is everyone (and bumps!) today? I had my 16 wk midwife appt today and it went very well, ESP as I got to hear baby's heartbeat :) :) :) Only one area of concern is they found protein in my wee, which apparently could mean an infection. Anyone else experienced this and is it anything to worry about? Midwife didn't seem that concerned so I'm hoping not. Got to ring up Monday for the results. I'm still suffering with the sickness- I was fine whilst in Belgium on holiday but since I've been back so has the sickness :( Really hoping it's going to go away soon!! (In time for Xmas I hope!) Now begins the countdown to my 20 wk scan on 2nd January :)

I've had protein a couple of times and they've sent the sample off to be tested - on both occasions it's been nothing to worry about. Later in pregnancy it can be a sign of preeclampsia but only with high BP as well.

If your midwife's not worried I wouldn't be. :) UTIs are really common in pregnancy so it'll just mean antibiotics if you do have one. x

I've had protein a couple of times and they've sent the sample off to be tested - on both occasions it's been nothing to worry about. Later in pregnancy it can be a sign of preeclampsia but only with high BP as well.

If your midwife's not worried I wouldn't be. :) UTIs are really common in pregnancy so it'll just mean antibiotics if you do have one. x
She did say its very likely that's its a UTI.

Oh I forgot to mention that my hubby's cousin and his wife have had their baby! Madison Rain was born today, a week overdue, and OMG is she a cutie!!
Seen a pic of FB and it made me cry!
Hurry up May! X

Baby is due in 5 days! Count 'em! Was supposed to have a sweep yesterday but the doctor couldn't do it as my cervix is totally closed so I can't see me going into labour before my induction date which is annoying but there we go.

I'm fat, uncomfortable and in rather a lot of pain with my SPD so looking forward to it all being done and having my baby boy with me. I've had sickness again as well the last few days including a spectacular projectile vomit in the kitchen incident which was more than a little embarrassing!

Hope you're all ok ladies and bumps xxx

Is anyone else struggling with maternity dresses? I've ordered / tried on a few now in different styles for my Xmas party next Thursday and I just look like such a frump in them all :( have no idea what I'm going to wear x

Is anyone else struggling with maternity dresses? I've ordered / tried on a few now in different styles for my Xmas party next Thursday and I just look like such a frump in them all :( have no idea what I'm going to wear x

This might sound odd but have a look at non-maternity stuff too. I have a Dorothy Perkins dress that's empire line with a full skirt (fits just under the boobs) and that was the best fitting dress I had for work - it fit better than my actual maternity dresses! It was in my actual size too so I didn't need to go up a size or anything. It still fit fine when I finished work at 33 weeks and I was massive by then! Hope you find something xxx

This might sound odd but have a look at non-maternity stuff too. I have a Dorothy Perkins dress that's empire line with a full skirt (fits just under the boobs) and that was the best fitting dress I had for work - it fit better than my actual maternity dresses! It was in my actual size too so I didn't need to go up a size or anything. It still fit fine when I finished work at 33 weeks and I was massive by then! Hope you find something xxx

I think that's what I'm going to do, dig out some old stuff and see what I can get away with. I may have to post a few options on here and get all of your opinions.

Ugh I felt awful at my Christmas do the other day. Felt fat n frumpy!!! Everyone said I looked fab n what not but I didn't feel it!

Ah I'm sure you looked lovely but I know what you mean, it's taking a bit of getting used to this changing body!

Back