Pregnancy and Slimming World

Good luck Nelly :)
I have 2 dresses that still look ok that I wore pre pregnancy and bought one maternity dress yesterday but I don't love it. Going to look on Friday for a better one.
I bought a size up dress from primark a while ago but it still looks like like a tent so that's out!

I find going a size up makes everywhere else look too big but the belly fitting.. Like the arms n neck etc... I've only gained bump so far so going a dress size bigger doesn't work for me :( Wish it bloody did coz maternity doesn't seem to fit right at all... I think for maternity maybe you need to have your full bump for it to look right?!

Good luck Nelly :)
I have 2 dresses that still look ok that I wore pre pregnancy and bought one maternity dress yesterday but I don't love it. Going to look on Friday for a better one.
I bought a size up dress from primark a while ago but it still looks like like a tent so that's out!

Frustrating isn't it, I just want to feel good on the night! Will keep looking. :)

I find going a size up makes everywhere else look too big but the belly fitting.. Like the arms n neck etc... I've only gained bump so far so going a dress size bigger doesn't work for me :( Wish it bloody did coz maternity doesn't seem to fit right at all... I think for maternity maybe you need to have your full bump for it to look right?!

I think so, just doesn't seem to work on my 7 month bump.. I've gained elsewhere but ordered size 14 mat dresses and they are swamping me but yet my size 14 and 16 fitted dresses won't zip up. Very strange...

Frustrating isn't it, I just want to feel good on the night! Will keep looking. :) I think so, just doesn't seem to work on my 7 month bump.. I've gained elsewhere but ordered size 14 mat dresses and they are swamping me but yet my size 14 and 16 fitted dresses won't zip up. Very strange...

It's just buying the right fit of dress - I've gained on bump, bum and legs so as long as I get stuff that floats over those areas I can wear my usual size in normal clothes. I'm still wearing non maternity tops at 39 weeks and as long as I don't buy anything with sleeves I can get away with a size bigger to cover bump (sleeves look baggy and awful a size up), then I have a cardi over the top in my proper size to cover my arms. I have to say though that my asda maternity dress is huge! It's a 16 and tbh I could have bought a 14, which is unheard of for me...

Frustrating isn't it, I just want to feel good on the night! Will keep looking. :)

I think so, just doesn't seem to work on my 7 month bump.. I've gained elsewhere but ordered size 14 mat dresses and they are swamping me but yet my size 14 and 16 fitted dresses won't zip up. Very strange...
Yea mine is the same... Nothing looks great over my 7 month bump.. I don't feel anyway.. And doesn't help that my 7 month bump prob looks like a 4 r 5 month bump for others coz I am quite small for 7 months...
I think my problem is that the dresses are all kinda flowy in the skirt.. And I think that's what made me feel like such a frump... I think that can make you look bigger sometimes...
1 dress I bought in a size 14 maternity... i was just getting into a 14 before my BFP so I thought I was being too ambitious.. But its HUGE...
The one I bought for my Christmas do last week was from ASOS n its nice n fitted around my chest n arms n then the skirt drops.. Its not skater style, its just down... It was grand... Might be an idea?? Was only €20 something too so not overly expensive...

Yea mine is the same... Nothing looks great over my 7 month bump.. I don't feel anyway.. And doesn't help that my 7 month bump prob looks like a 4 r 5 month bump for others coz I am quite small for 7 months...
I think my problem is that the dresses are all kinda flowy in the skirt.. And I think that's what made me feel like such a frump... I think that can make you look bigger sometimes...
1 dress I bought in a size 14 maternity... i was just getting into a 14 before my BFP so I thought I was being too ambitious.. But its HUGE...
The one I bought for my Christmas do last week was from ASOS n its nice n fitted around my chest n arms n then the skirt drops.. Its not skater style, its just down... It was grand... Might be an idea?? Was only EUR20 something too so not overly expensive...

Which one did you get? I've ordered about 4 and none so far have suited x

If you're ordering it, I'd order a size smaller.. I got it in 14 and it was fine.. But could have been smaller on top... I was just getting into a 14 before my BFP

It's a lovely dress.

I ordered it in red and it didn't fit right, maybe I will try it again in a smaller size although that would be a size 12 and there is no way on earth I'm a 12! :)

It's a lovely dress.

I ordered it in red and it didn't fit right, maybe I will try it again in a smaller size although that would be a size 12 and there is no way on earth I'm a 12! :)
Well me neither but I def think a 12 would have fit me much better... Worth a go I guess.. Its such a pain

Hey girls, just wondered if any of you have had low platelet levels? Last blood tests they were low and had midwife today and she said they've dropped a bit more so need to keep close eye on them. Could mean a high risk birth due to not clotting properly :/

Hey girls, just wondered if any of you have had low platelet levels? Last blood tests they were low and had midwife today and she said they've dropped a bit more so need to keep close eye on them. Could mean a high risk birth due to not clotting properly :/

I had low hb but platelets were fine - not sure hun. I'm sure Susie can give you more info though? xxx

TMI question! I am v v itchy and sore 'down there' and I'm a bit concerned. I have white discharge but it's creamy, not lumpy like thrush. Or at least I don't think it's thrush? Been tested for it at least three times already and tests have been negative. It's maddening though and it feels like everything is a bit swollen down there. Should I be worried? I'm freaking out that I might have an infection and pass it on to baby when he's born or I could have something else wrong that I don't know about yet which could hurt him in some way...

Not sure if I should try to see someone tomorrow or just mention it when I go in for the induction on Saturday? Tbh I do have a itchy/burning sensation quite a lot normally, have had it for years and been tested for all sorts but no reason has ever been found so I just put up with it. It's been worse since I've been pregnant though and noticeable worse in the last week. Is it normal to be sore at this stage from anyone who's been there? xxx

Last edited:
I've had that feeling missy but it was thrush... I didn't use anything to clear it up being honest... To washed with a clean wash cloth and no soap or anything, just warm water... And made sure to keep clean/fresh down there.. As in changed my PL more frequent than usual (not saying I was a minger n didn't change regular anyway... lol)
I also lay hips elevated on 2 pillows for half an hour and eased the swollen/pressure pains..

Nelly hun.. Not had any issues so far with bloods so can't help.. Am sure when Susie comes on she can shed some light for you... Just STAY OFF GOOGLE :D xxx

I've had that feeling missy but it was thrush... I didn't use anything to clear it up being honest... To washed with a clean wash cloth and no soap or anything, just warm water... And made sure to keep clean/fresh down there.. As in changed my PL more frequent than usual (not saying I was a minger n didn't change regular anyway... lol) I also lay hips elevated on 2 pillows for half an hour and eased the swollen/pressure pains.. Nelly hun.. Not had any issues so far with bloods so can't help.. Am sure when Susie comes on she can shed some light for you... Just STAY OFF GOOGLE :D xxx

Well I'm not sure it matters now lol but thanks hun xxx

TMI question! I am v v itchy and sore 'down there' and I'm a bit concerned. I have white discharge but it's creamy, not lumpy like thrush. Or at least I don't think it's thrush? Been tested for it at least three times already and tests have been negative. It's maddening though and it feels like everything is a bit swollen down there. Should I be worried? I'm freaking out that I might have an infection and pass it on to baby when he's born or I could have something else wrong that I don't know about yet which could hurt him in some way...

Not sure if I should try to see someone tomorrow or just mention it when I go in for the induction on Saturday? Tbh I do have a itchy/burning sensation quite a lot normally, have had it for years and been tested for all sorts but no reason has ever been found so I just put up with it. It's been worse since I've been pregnant though and noticeable worse in the last week. Is it normal to be sore at this stage from anyone who's been there? xxx

I was very itchy and swollen and had a lot of discharge especially towards the end and i was changing pantyliners every hour or less. I did have thrush at the beginning of my third trimester but i knew it was thrush because it was smelly (sorry tmi) but otherwise it was just the swellling and discharge that drove me mad. It could even be a bit of your plug that is dislodging but mention it to the midwifes when you go in tomorrow if your still worried xxx

I was very itchy and swollen and had a lot of discharge especially towards the end and i was changing pantyliners every hour or less. I did have thrush at the beginning of my third trimester but i knew it was thrush because it was smelly (sorry tmi) but otherwise it was just the swellling and discharge that drove me mad. It could even be a bit of your plug that is dislodging but mention it to the midwifes when you go in tomorrow if your still worried xxx

Thanks hun, turns out it probably was my plug as my waters went last night! No proper labour yet though - I have until 10pm at which point I'll be induced :/ C'mon baby boy! xxx

Nelly hun.. Not had any issues so far with bloods so can't help.. Am sure when Susie comes on she can shed some light for you... Just STAY OFF GOOGLE :D xxx

Ha, yep def staying off google! :D

Ha, yep def staying off google! :D

I don't know too much about platelets but my second pg I had odd shaped platelets more oval than round. Consultant warned me off a home birth. He was right I did have trouble flirting and had pph. It's important to keep an eye on them but trust they know what they're doing. It was a scare for me but I was ok everyone acted quickly and sorted me out. If they can pre empt a problem you'll be on a better footing.

Good luck missy can't wait to see baby pics!

Back