Pregnancy and Slimming World

I know our allowances are increased to 2 a's and 2 b's
Is that in all plans. I like green days, which is usually 2 a 's and b's anyway. So does it stay the same still?

Thanks

My main thing is making sure I get my calcium. In general I don't like milk/cheese much. Since being pregnant I'm trying to fit it into my day. So I made porridge with milk instead of water and I'm having moussaka tonight, which uses my A allowance. Obviously there is calcium in my pregnancy supplement too!! :)

My main thing is making sure I get my calcium. In general I don't like milk/cheese much. Since being pregnant I'm trying to fit it into my day. So I made porridge with milk instead of water and I'm having moussaka tonight, which uses my A allowance. Obviously there is calcium in my pregnancy supplement too!! :)
What I didn't know was there's calcium in leafy greens too... So its easier to get in than you think...
I like cheese but didn't wana eat too much as its quite high in cals (I know that shouldn't have been my priority)
I'm not a milk drinker at all either but I was having a glass with my dinner each night.. Just to get it in.. Wasn't so bad if I drank it really cold... And I drank super milk... So its got extra folic acid n that too...

Thanks Hun!! I need to look up veg with calcium in. I looked up online and there is no info on red/green during pregnancy...only EE. However on green you can have cheese as a B choice. So if I wanted the calcium I could have say
B - Bread/Porridge
B- Cheese
A - Milk
A - Cheese spread of some sort

The options are there if I need them. That's what seems so good about slimming world, I think I can make it fit around most days. I don't have enough posts to view your profile. Do you have a diary anywhere?

Hello Everyone! I have come to join you all. Im 12weeks 1 day and so excited and also very scared. I'm doing slimming world online. I'm a first time mummy :D I am confident I can face all that comes my way in terms of being pregnant and I'm also not that scared about labour. I just think of all the people I know that have had more than 1. But being a parent petrifies me. I have no experience with babies and don't have a clue. I am sure I will figure it out lol

Congratulations and welcome :) x

Hi ladies. I was just wondering if any of you actually still go to group while you're pregnant? I'm only 9 weeks and still in target range so just going once every 2-3weeks. Obviously once I leave target range I'll need to start paying again but I'm not sure if I'll manage to go every week and hate the thought of paying for missed weeks. Do you get any kind of dispensation for missed weeks when pregnant?

Also, I know I'm supposed to have a letter so I can keep attending while pregnant. Can my GP do it or does it have to be a midwife? Is there a specific form they need to sign or is it just an open letter to say they're happy for me to keep attending while pregnant?

Sorry for all the questions!

the thread moved slightly since last here!

Congratulations Sinead!

Try not to worry too much about eating SW in the 1st trimester- until the nausea goes its pretty impossible!!
I found it took until about 18 weeks before I even felt in the right frame of mind to follow SW again and I now follow it, quite loosely I must admit, but I try my best and that's all I can do.
My cravings are for Malteaser bunnies, Mini Eggs, pears and salt and vinegar crisps so following SW has been pretty hard lol!!!
Although I don't want to put on loads, I'm not as bothered about my gain as I was at the beginning, simply because I was so ill that my health and baby's is paramount to how much weight I put on.
I've got to target once, I can do it again so I'm not worried.

Hope everyone and bumps (or babies!) are well.
I know quite a few of you have popped out your babies lately, can't be many of us left to go?
Does that mean I'm somewhere near the top of the due date list?? :eek:

Anyway I'm 27 weeks today, officially in the 3rd and final trimester :eek:, 13 weeks left and 6 weeks left at work yay!!
So my official weight gain at 27 weeks is... 1st 11lbs or 25lbs.
I was 11st 3lbs, I'm now 13st.
Happy with that and as long as I don't go above my SW starting weight (13st 12lbs) by time baby is here I'll be happy :)

Here's a new bump pic and a few pics of some of my fave bits of baby's clothes collection so far:

So agree with the first tri been the longest, i found out litrually when it was finally showing up as BFP so like 3-4 weeks! It dragged so bad but once i had that 12 week scan it seems to fly!! im currently 25+3 which is crazy how fast its gone overall.

lovely bump Dougal... ive put quite a lot on too but i guess it feels/seems better when we just accept what we have gained doesnt it! x

Hello Everyone!

I have come to join you all. Im 12weeks 1 day and so excited and also very scared. I'm doing slimming world online. I'm a first time mummy :D
I am confident I can face all that comes my way in terms of being pregnant and I'm also not that scared about labour. I just think of all the people I know that have had more than 1.

But being a parent petrifies me. I have no experience with babies and don't have a clue. I am sure I will figure it out lol

Hi & congratulations :D Its a scary/wonderful thing pregnancy! You worry about every twinge, ache etc lol. You'l do fine as a mummy, it all comes naturally to you!x

I know our allowances are increased to 2 a's and 2 b's
Is that in all plans. I like green days, which is usually 2 a 's and b's anyway. So does it stay the same still?

Thanks
yes if doing EE plan instead of one heA and B you up it to having 2 of each a day like you have on red and green. But them days stay the same. x

Hi ladies. I was just wondering if any of you actually still go to group while you're pregnant? I'm only 9 weeks and still in target range so just going once every 2-3weeks. Obviously once I leave target range I'll need to start paying again but I'm not sure if I'll manage to go every week and hate the thought of paying for missed weeks. Do you get any kind of dispensation for missed weeks when pregnant?

Also, I know I'm supposed to have a letter so I can keep attending while pregnant. Can my GP do it or does it have to be a midwife? Is there a specific form they need to sign or is it just an open letter to say they're happy for me to keep attending while pregnant?

with group its the same as if wasnt pregnant. You got to pay. Missed weeks too if not classed as a holiday. Sucks really...
tell your consultant your pregnant and you get some leaflets and one for the midwife to sign just to say theyre are ok with you to keep at SW. i think its more of people who are underweight or baby not growing when they dont wish for you to go anymore,.... my midwife said they encourage more to try and lose weight! xx

As you are target, you won't have to pay at all!!

It states that if you was a target member when you fell pregnant and you tell your consultant, he/she will put it on the system and you won't have to pay for the duration of your pregnancy.
If you continue with group during pregnancy, you then have 6 weeks after birth to get back in range before you revert to being a standard paying member.
If you stop attending group whilst pregnant, you will still be classed as a target member when you go back after birth. And as per normal target range rules, if you are out of range, you get the grace week before paying again.

I stopped going to group, so I don't know about the midwife letter but they are very supportive of SW for pregnant ladies.

Hope that helps x

So agree with the first tri been the longest, i found out litrually when it was finally showing up as BFP so like 3-4 weeks! It dragged so bad but once i had that 12 week scan it seems to fly!! im currently 25+3 which is crazy how fast its gone overall.

lovely bump Dougal... ive put quite a lot on too but i guess it feels/seems better when we just accept what we have gained doesnt it! xx

I found out at 4 weeks, that seems like a lifetime ago!!!

I'm currently 27+5 which is rather scary but I just want to fast forward to May and have baby here! I dislike being pregnant lol, I'm now in the uncomfortable stage and I've still got 12 weeks to go :-/
Really hoping baby isn't overdue, I really don't fancy being pregnant any longer then I need to be!! X

As you are target, you won't have to pay at all!!

It states that if you was a target member when you fell pregnant and you tell your consultant, he/she will put it on the system and you won't have to pay for the duration of your pregnancy.
If you continue with group during pregnancy, you then have 6 weeks after birth to get back in range before you revert to being a standard paying member.
If you stop attending group whilst pregnant, you will still be classed as a target member when you go back after birth. And as per normal target range rules, if you are out of range, you get the grace week before paying again.

I stopped going to group, so I don't know about the midwife letter but they are very supportive of SW for pregnant ladies.

Hope that helps x
oh wow thats amazing then!!! wish they did it free when pregnant to encourage us to go! :(

I found out at 4 weeks, that seems like a lifetime ago!!!

I'm currently 27+5 which is rather scary but I just want to fast forward to May and have baby here! I dislike being pregnant lol, I'm now in the uncomfortable stage and I've still got 12 weeks to go :-/
Really hoping baby isn't overdue, I really don't fancy being pregnant any longer then I need to be!! X
Yeah i really want baby here too as will keep me on track with sw too lol. no time to eat with 2 kids haha. Cant wait for cuddles! x

As you are target, you won't have to pay at all!! It states that if you was a target member when you fell pregnant and you tell your consultant, he/she will put it on the system and you won't have to pay for the duration of your pregnancy. If you continue with group during pregnancy, you then have 6 weeks after birth to get back in range before you revert to being a standard paying member. If you stop attending group whilst pregnant, you will still be classed as a target member when you go back after birth. And as per normal target range rules, if you are out of range, you get the grace week before paying again. I stopped going to group, so I don't know about the midwife letter but they are very supportive of SW for pregnant ladies. Hope that helps x

Oh that's brilliant Dougal. Thanks a million for that. I must re-read my target book before I have a chat with my consultant. :)

Weighed in this morning... My weigh day has always been Thursday but was downstairs yesterday when I realised so done it today... Last Thursday I weighed in at 190.2lb.. Today I weighed in at 180.6lb... N have 4.6lb left to go to get back to my prepregnancy weight... :)

image-1400495990.jpg

And here is my little lady waiting for mammy to dry n straighten her hair this morning :)

image-35111546.jpg

Weighed in this morning... My weigh day has always been Thursday but was downstairs yesterday when I realised so done it today... Last Thursday I weighed in at 190.2lb.. Today I weighed in at 180.6lb... N have 4.6lb left to go to get back to my prepregnancy weight... :)

View attachment 125903

And here is my little lady waiting for mammy to dry n straighten her hair this morning :)

View attachment 125904
Well done on the weight loss, that's fab!

And she's adorable :)

Amazing loss and beautiful little girl!! Xx

Can I join you lovely ladies please? I'm currently 8w 4d. I started SW 4 days before baby conceived. I started SW in preparation for pregnancy and never expected it to happen so quickly.

After battling depression and an eating disorder I piled on about 7 stone so need to get this weight off.

I was worried about my 1st MW appt and what she would say about my weight, but she didn't lecture me which was a nice surprise.

Anyway less of my talking.... My current weight loss is 1stone 5.5lbs.

Can I join you lovely ladies please? I'm currently 8w 4d. I started SW 4 days before baby conceived. I started SW in preparation for pregnancy and never expected it to happen so quickly.

After battling depression and an eating disorder I piled on about 7 stone so need to get this weight off.

I was worried about my 1st MW appt and what she would say about my weight, but she didn't lecture me which was a nice surprise.

Anyway less of my talking.... My current weight loss is 1stone 5.5lbs.

Hiya
Welcome. Congrats on both ur weightloss n pregnancy :)
Is this ur first baby?

Dub chick, congratulations on your gorgeous little girl (and your great weight loss!). I can't believe that I'll have 2 of those little beauties in 7 months or less!

Dani, congratulations on your pregnancy. We're not that far apart as I'm 9+3 at the moment :) well done on an amazing loss so far.

Dub chick, congratulations on your gorgeous little girl (and your great weight loss!). I can't believe that I'll have 2 of those little beauties in 7 months or less!

Danni, congratulations on your pregnancy. We're not that far apart as I'm 9+3 at the moment :) well done on an amazing loss so far.

Aww thank you
There was a girl in who-d had twins when I was in. Omg. So flippin' cute!!!
How you feeling?

I'm starting to feel a bit better thanks :) I'm eating lovely SW soup for lunch these days but still can't stomach much fruit which makes it hard for snacking. The biggest thing I'm missing is water though! I used to drink 3 litres a day and now I can't stomach it at all. I'd say I'm only getting about 1 litre into me.

I've my first appointment in the Coombe on 3rd march and I really hope they'll sign my form for SW as I'd love to keep going. I've heard a few people who didn't have any luck getting it signed though. :-(

Back