Milk (1a)
Porridge & banana (1b)
Tiny drizzle of golden syrup (2)

Lunch

Veg omelette with beans
Cheese (1a)
Tangerine / melon

Dinner

Chicken with batchelors rice & salad (1b)
Options hot choc (2)
3 custard creams (9)

Syns 13

I'm going to get on my stepper today & aiming for 200 cals. - Done!

Last edited:
Thurs EE

Breakfast

Milk (1a)
Full English (1 for sausages)
1 x toast & lf spread (1b & 2)

Lunch

Melon / apple

Dinner

Slow cooked pork
Sw roasters
Carrots / sweet corn / spinach
Gravy (6)
Throat medicine? Will say 2

Syns 10

Will try & burn another 200 cals on stepper - done

Last edited:
Hey Louise, it's good to hear from you. Yes I thought having a new thread would keep me super motivated but unfortunately not! I've been fluctuating around the same few pounds for a while now, grr just want to get bk into the 9's!! We move in 11 days so the pressures on, we're moving back to our hometown so in turn I'll be bumping into all my old mates. I don't want them to think, 'wow she's got fat' lol We'll struggle on together, how much do you have to lose? xx

Ooh, exciting about moving :) I hope it goes well and you're not too stressed out.
I would love to move back to my home town but there's no jobs there for Ed.
I'm sure your old friends won't be thinking that. They will probably think how has she kept her figure with having 3 young children.
I have a stone to lose but it was only 9 1/2 lbs before christmas. Like you I'm desperate to get back into the 9's. I just need to stick to plan for a while and not mess around. Easy to say eh! Xx

Ooh, exciting about moving :) I hope it goes well and you're not too stressed out.
I would love to move back to my home town but there's no jobs there for Ed.
I'm sure your old friends won't be thinking that. They will probably think how has she kept her figure with having 3 young children.
I have a stone to lose but it was only 9 1/2 lbs before christmas. Like you I'm desperate to get back into the 9's. I just need to stick to plan for a while and not mess around. Easy to say eh! Xx

Definitely easier said than done!! The weight is coming off its just painfully slow! What makes it worse is I'm a serial weigher & if the scales go up it puts me in a bad mood all day. I really need to pack them away & not weigh for a while. Might have a nice surprise then rather than feeling deflated every day!
I'm so stressed with the move, we are buying a lovely house but unfortunately they may not be ready to complete at the same time as us so may have to stay with the mother in law for a few weeks. It's going to be a nightmare as we have three little ones, two cats & a house full of stuff!
Really looking forward to being able to pop to see family & friends though for a cuppa, we currently live an hr from anyone so I get really lonely here.
Where do you live Louise? did you move there for work? x

Definitely easier said than done!! The weight is coming off its just painfully slow! What makes it worse is I'm a serial weigher & if the scales go up it puts me in a bad mood all day. I really need to pack them away & not weigh for a while. Might have a nice surprise then rather than feeling deflated every day! I'm so stressed with the move, we are buying a lovely house but unfortunately they may not be ready to complete at the same time as us so may have to stay with the mother in law for a few weeks. It's going to be a nightmare as we have three little ones, two cats & a house full of stuff! Really looking forward to being able to pop to see family & friends though for a cuppa, we currently live an hr from anyone so I get really lonely here. Where do you live Louise? did you move there for work? x

It all sounds very stressful. We had to live with my in laws for a month when we bought this place but that was pre kids so I don't envy you at all. At least you know it won't be for long.
I live in cambridge, we moved here from London 5 years ago. Ed works in research so the best places for him to work are London, cambridge or oxford. Unfortunately my parents live in Shropshire and eds live in Sussex so we have very little support here. I keep looking at the houses we could afford by my parents and I could cry at how much bigger they are.
What made you move back?
I'm also a serial weigher lol I've tried to stop but I can't.

It all sounds very stressful. We had to live with my in laws for a month when we bought this place but that was pre kids so I don't envy you at all. At least you know it won't be for long.
I live in cambridge, we moved here from London 5 years ago. Ed works in research so the best places for him to work are London, cambridge or oxford. Unfortunately my parents live in Shropshire and eds live in Sussex so we have very little support here. I keep looking at the houses we could afford by my parents and I could cry at how much bigger they are.
What made you move back?
I'm also a serial weigher lol I've tried to stop but I can't.

Everything changes when u have children doesn't it, it's really difficult with no support. Decided a couple of years ago to sell up & move bk, it's taken that long to sell our house! We have quite a big family between myself & hubby, & really want our children to grow up with all their cousins. It's going to be a massive change for us as we are so used to being all by ourselves. Looking forward to it though.
Maybe one day your husband will consider moving closer to family? Job wise I'm on mat leave until June & then I can start looking, my hubby's a green keeper & currently doing a course through his work, which means commuting until the course is finished & he can also start looking.
Do u work Louise? xx

I'm feeling really poorly tonight, got a sore throat & generally just feel meh. Had some throat medicine, hope there's no hidden syns??

Tomorrows food plan. Green

Breakfast

Milk (1a)
Porridge (1b & 2 tweak)
Orange

Lunch

Cous cous & salad (2)

Dinner

Cheese & broccoli pasta n sauce
1 x bread & lf spread (1b & 2)
Milk (1a)
Options (2)
Lemsip (don't know if any syns in this?)

Syns 8?

Last edited:
Wi & lost 0.75lb. :) 10st 3.5 now.

I'm thinking of calorie counting now until we move on Friday. we have lots of food in our freezer we need to use up. I will try & stay below 1400 cals.

Well done on your loss, you will be in the 9's before you know it :)
Calorie counting is probably a good idea if you've got loads to use up. I always try and keep an eye on my calorie intake now.
I'm a ward sister on a cancer unit. I only work 3 days a week but it's for 13 hours a day. I'm exhausted but with the cost of childcare I can't really afford to drop my hours. It's nice that I get 4 days at home with the girls though. Have you thought what you would like to do when you go back from mat leave? X

Well done on your loss, you will be in the 9's before you know it :)
Calorie counting is probably a good idea if you've got loads to use up. I always try and keep an eye on my calorie intake now.
I'm a ward sister on a cancer unit. I only work 3 days a week but it's for 13 hours a day. I'm exhausted but with the cost of childcare I can't really afford to drop my hours. It's nice that I get 4 days at home with the girls though. Have you thought what you would like to do when you go back from mat leave? X

Aw your a nurse, something I've really thought about studying. You pretty much work full time hours then, just over 3 days. I'm not surprised your exhausted! How long have you been qualified & di you enjoy it? My plan for this year was to do an access course possibly in nursing or art, (I know two totally different things) not sure if this will be possible now with the house move as will need to find a job after my mat leave.
Did you study when u had children, I'm worried I'll find it hard to juggle it all. xx

Still got a stinking cold. food wise been pretty good, had a slice of toast for breakfast, a subway for lunch and now having a large glass of wine!!

Yesterday's cals were approx 1500. & today trying to stay below 1300. I've been out shopping for a few hours so burnt some cals there. :)

Aw your a nurse, something I've really thought about studying. You pretty much work full time hours then, just over 3 days. I'm not surprised your exhausted! How long have you been qualified & di you enjoy it? My plan for this year was to do an access course possibly in nursing or art, (I know two totally different things) not sure if this will be possible now with the house move as will need to find a job after my mat leave. Did you study when u had children, I'm worried I'll find it hard to juggle it all. xx

Yeah, I'm full time so finding time to fit everything in is hard but at least this way I get a full time wage and only have to pay for 3 days childcare.
I've been qualified 10 years in September. It only feels like yesterday that I had my graduation ceremony. I went to uni straight from college so pre kids. A lot of students have children and to be honest it's fairly flexible. You have block placements in hospital and then weeks at uni and I know intent to accommodate students requests.
It's a really stressful job but also very rewarding. Every day is different and the gratitude from people makes it all worth while. I can't imagine doing any other job, even though I moan about it.
Your food looks good :)
Are you all packed and ready? X

Yeah, I'm full time so finding time to fit everything in is hard but at least this way I get a full time wage and only have to pay for 3 days childcare.
I've been qualified 10 years in September. It only feels like yesterday that I had my graduation ceremony. I went to uni straight from college so pre kids. A lot of students have children and to be honest it's fairly flexible. You have block placements in hospital and then weeks at uni and I know intent to accommodate students requests.
It's a really stressful job but also very rewarding. Every day is different and the gratitude from people makes it all worth while. I can't imagine doing any other job, even though I moan about it.
Your food looks good :)
Are you all packed and ready? X

It's good that its flexible. Child care is stupidly expensive so again good that you only have to pay for three days.
We're probably 80% packed, got the garden to sort out but been putting that off due to the horrid weather. Started packing the kitchen up yesterday, we still need to use some if it so the rest will have to wait. Think we're planning a takeout thurs night so I can get the rest packed away then.

I've signed up for a 10k run at the end of March, eeek, should help me with losing a few more lbs!

I hope the move went well and it doesn't take you too long to get settled x

Thanks Louise, we have had a crazy few days. Had a nice chilled day today with the kids. Food wise not been too bad but could have been better. Hopefully this week I can start to focus on what I'm eating with a little routine back into our days. xx

I'm back!!!! We moved into our new house on Friday & we LOVE it. We've been having lots of unexpected visitors which feels wierd but is really nice.
I have been on & off food wise, I did Zumba for the first time Monday as I live literally 15ft from our village hall! I loved it.
I think I was 10st 3ish when I last weighed in & this morning I'm 10.5 & 3/4. Not too bad I suppose. Going to get back on plan from today.

So... Weds EE

Breakfast

Milk (1/2 a)
Banana
1 x toast & 2 poached eggs, toms & beans (1b & 2)

Lunch

Mugshot
Apple

Dinner

Spag Bol (2)
Cheese on top (1/2a)
Cabbage
Aldi coconut Greek yoghurt (yummy & syn free)
Options (2)

Syns 6. 6/105

Last edited:
Thursday EE

Breakfast

Aldi strawberry Greek yoghurt
Added raspberries
Late morning - mushroom omellette
Milk (1a)

Lunch

Ham salad roll (1b & 3 for spread & mayo)

Dinner

Slow cooked beef stew with lots of veg (3)
Mash (2 for spread)
Options (2)
A few chips when I was out with kiddies (10)

Syns 20. 26/105

I brought an exercise bike off my inlaw & so am currently trying it out....I'm in the conservatory so hope no ones watching! Lol

Last edited:
Friday Green

Breakfast

Milk (1a)
Greek strawberry yoghurt with raspberries
Banana
Late morning - egg & mushroom roll (1b & 3)

Lunch

Hot & spicy cous cous & salad (not sure on syns so will say 3)

Dinner

Cheese, onion & mushroom omelette (1a)
Beans
1 x toast & lf spread (1b & 2)
2 x red wine (14)

image-124389386.jpg

Syns 22 48/105

30 mins on bike

Last edited:
Back