Pregnancy

Chardonnay

Hi Everyone!

I have just got back off holiday with my DH and "chocolate baby boy" and am due to start back on CD on Monday.

We had an absolute brilliant holiday with lots of walking, activities and a fantastic time together (we went to a really nice hotel in Lavenham for one night and spent the rest of the week at Centerparcs).

I really need some advice...

Me and my DH spoke a lot this holiday about starting a family. It is a turning point in our relationship because up until now I have just not felt ready. We are in really good jobs, I am 27 and he is 33, we have been married for 2 years, we own our own home and we get on brilliantly. So all in all in as good a place as any to start a family. There is one thing that really concerns me though and that is my weight and being pregnant and I am worried about my health and the health of the unborn child. I am 16 stone and have been reading up on the net since getting back and all these medical websites are giving me all these horror stories!

Should I try to stick to CD and loose the 4 stone that I want to or go for it and what is anyones advice?

I am really sorry to be mumbling on here but am v confused right now.

All advice very much appreciated!!!

Love
Char xx

the more weight you lose, the better it will be for you and the baby but dont let horror stories put u off. I was 17stones when i found i was pregnant with my last child. the only problem I had was that it was difficult to find the baby during an ultrasound. difficult but not too bad. Obviously, the fitter and healthier you are when you are carrying a child means you will feel more comfortable day to day as ur bump grows but thats ur choice to make.

if you want to start trying for a child now, why not do slimmingworld? i did it thru my pregnancy and lost 4 stones safely. By the time I was due, i was 3 stones lighter than when I was 7 weeks pregnant and another stone came off when i had my little boy. I have to say, in my case, it was easier to follow the diet when i was dealing with morning sickness (couldnt overeat) and was in the mindset that I had a child to keep healthy.

at the end of the day, you need to do whats right for you. it could take a while to fall pregnant anyways. its very exciting though...i wish u lots of luck :D

errr....just incase my ticker or goals confuse you...i actually gained the weight back after i had my son but thats a whole other story lol. xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Karen

Thank you so much for your response!

So you lost weight during your pregnancy??? I would really love to start trying now!!! I think sometimes when you make the decision you just don't want to wait do you???

I am lucky in one respect... I have a very small waist... Would that be beneficial for the scans?

I would be extremely happy to do SW while pregnant! It is so exciting and I can't stop thinking about it!!!

Love
Char x

I was about 16 stone when I fell pregnant with my eldest daughter. I had terrible morning sickness and ended up losing about 20lbs whilst I was in the early/middle stages of pregnancy.

When my daughter was born I had only put on a few lbs but not sure the horrendous morning sickness was worth the weight loss!!

I was very lucky as I had an otherwise healthy pregnancy. I remember going to one of my ante natal appointments and reading that my consultant had put 'obese' on my notes. Well it was true but it still made me ouch a bit :eek:

I'm a typical pear shape and like you have a smaller waist in comparison to the rest of me and I never had a problem with the scans. I could see my daughter clearly each time.

I hope this has helped you a bit. I think if you decide to try now then healthy eating is the way forward as if you don't suffer with morning sickness you are going to put on quite a bit of weight.

Hope my experience helps.

Hi Hun, i think slimming world is a fab Idea, I know CD is a quick way, but if you want to try now then SW would be fab.

I was around 15st when pregnant, and the pregnancy itself was ok, I gained weight though, and was diagnosed with type2 diabetes which I am sure was weight related, I had a section, and everything was ok.

If I had thought, then I would have joined a SW class, I think thats excellent for getting weight off whist trying to conceive and throughout x

Hiya
I had to reply to your comments as I need to say - DO NOT WAIT start trying now if you feel you are ready. I was ready but wanted to lose weight - I managed it - put it back on and was diagnosed with endometriosis. Four operations later and now I may need IVF... I am gutted to say the least but now I am told I need to lose wight in order to be accepted for IVF. You are only given IVF on the NHS once free and cost £3k thereafter each try... please please do not wait. Time does run out for not for reasons just as simple as age!!
Lol
rachelle

I never had a problem being overweight and pregnant. It never affected seeing the baby during the scan or anything.. I lost 8Ibs during the first trimester through feeling crappy and then gained a lot after she was born. Every pregnancy is different so I think it'd be difficult to say that if you were slimmer you'd feel better.

Why not talk to your doctor? Getting a general health check before trying probably isn't a bad idea anyway, right? :)

Hi Everyone!

I have just got back off holiday with my DH and "chocolate baby boy" and am due to start back on CD on Monday.

We had an absolute brilliant holiday with lots of walking, activities and a fantastic time together (we went to a really nice hotel in Lavenham for one night and spent the rest of the week at Centerparcs).

I really need some advice...

Me and my DH spoke a lot this holiday about starting a family. It is a turning point in our relationship because up until now I have just not felt ready. We are in really good jobs, I am 27 and he is 33, we have been married for 2 years, we own our own home and we get on brilliantly. So all in all in as good a place as any to start a family. There is one thing that really concerns me though and that is my weight and being pregnant and I am worried about my health and the health of the unborn child. I am 16 stone and have been reading up on the net since getting back and all these medical websites are giving me all these horror stories!

Should I try to stick to CD and loose the 4 stone that I want to or go for it and what is anyones advice?

I am really sorry to be mumbling on here but am v confused right now.

All advice very much appreciated!!!

Love
Char xx
CHOCOLATE BABY BOY!
Does this mean you have a choccie lab like me???
Lol
Rachelle

Gosh... Where do I start!!! You girls have been SO helpful!!!

Sussex Girl - I have heard quite a few people saying that they initially loose weight due to the morning sickness.

Did you eat really healthily during pregnancy? How old were you, if you don't mind me asking???

Did you find carrying the "bump" knackering? I am a pear shape and carry my weight around my bum and hips!

I was going to stick to CD to get as much off as possible before conceiving and then switch to SW. I am doing the 790 plan so don't think it is particularly unhealthy for any foetus??

Thank you so much for your help. I can't believe I am thinking of this... two weeks ago was a definite "No, No!"

CanIreallydothis - Hi! Thanks for your message!

As I was saying to SG, I am thinking of sticking to 790 whilst "trying" and then when I conceive switch to SW. I don't want to give up on CD as it could take weeks and months to conceive???

Did you have type2 diabetes just during the pregnancy? I know my sister-in-law had diabetes during pregnancy but is fine when not? Do you still have it?

Rachelle - Hiya! I am really sorry for your experience! A friend of mine had the operation for endometriosis a couple of years ago and is still trying to conceive! We take getting pregnant for granted don't we? We think once we are ready we are going to conceive almost immediately!

Do you have much weight to loose before you can start with an IVF treatment?

majic1982 - Hiya! Thanks for your message! How much were you when you were pregnant?

I was thinking about going to see the Dr but scared she will say "No, you definitely should not try now"!

Thank you so much for all your messages!

I feel all grown up making grown up decisions!

Love Char xx

before i lost my weight I was 18st when fell pregnant and gained ... 5st!! (before my lightbulb moment!) BUT I had a good pregancy and a c-section in the end. SW is excellent advice, and I wish I had done it just so the task wasn't so mammonth once the babe was born!!

Good luck and have lots of fun trying!!

Chardonnay

I was 28 when pregnant, gave birth just after my 29th birthday.

I'm a classic pear shape - have humungous hips and thighs, but I didn't really have much of a 'baby bump'. I think this was for 2 reasons:
1. I was overweight so it got lost in the realms of my flab :eek:
2. I didn't really put on much weight so wasn't carrying loads of extra stones in comparison to the normal me.

I couldn't keep anything much down the first few months - hence the weight loss to begin with. Because I was overweight they weren't too bothered about it. I can't remember eating particularly healthy once I stopped being sick though, think I probably ate what I wanted :(

majic1982 - Hiya! Thanks for your message! How much were you when you were pregnant?

I was thinking about going to see the Dr but scared she will say "No, you definitely should not try now"!

I think I was about 15 stone when I got pregnant. I never lost my baby weight and comfort ate my way through post natal depression so put on a lot after that. I'm heavier now than I was when I was full term - how depressing is that?! lol

I'm sure if your doc said no it would be for a very good reason, but I definitely think it would be worth seeing her. And I'd also start taking folic acid :D Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do :D

Hi Rachelle - I certainly do have a choccie lab and he is my absolute baby! I am worried about him in all this too... he is totally spoilt and gets all our affections... don't know how he will react to having a pink/crying/squirming thing around.

He has grown up with our little nephew so don't think he will be any problem as he loves our little nephew and older niece but it is different when it is in his own home.

Sussex Girl - I love the black labs (well love them all) they are slightly more intelligent than the choccies who are normally the last to get whats left over in the brains department in the Lab World!

My boy has been out for an hour with DH this morning so he is quite contently sleeping next to me!

Lovely animals!!! I want more!!!

xx

aww...i say if u wanna start trying right away then go for it. I cant imagine your weight is going to cause the doctors to advise against it. Besides, its ur body and ur choice. I was slimmer of the week every week while pregnant and it was really boosting my confidence. everyone at group fussed over me and really supported me and it was wonderful. had i not gone to SW i would have kept eating for two and would have hated myself after. Unfortunately I stopped going aftet the birth and gained it back over the next 3 years but i know in my heart that dieting with SW while carrying was definately the best thing i could have done. i shoulda just kept going!! STILL...im back there now, giving it another go lol :D

GOOD LUCK....i hope you "fall" quickly and enjoy every minute of it :D

Hiya Karen!

You have been a great help! Thank you so much!!!

I would never have thought of going to a slimming club whilst pregnant! I will have to see where my nearest SW is! That is amazing that you was slimmer of the week every week. Suppose it helps that you want to be healthier for the baby and also in my case I won't be drinking wine etc...

Are you doing SW at the moment?

Char x

i think its great that you are looking to be really healthy when planning your baby.

I was "normal" weight when i got pregnant, at 10 stone but put on loads, about 3 and 1/2 stones in total. Then when I had my baby i put on about 1/2 stone more!:eek:

I really wish I had eaten healthily through the pregnancy as i am sure it makes things much easier and ofcourse is better for your baby.

SW or WW would both be great for pregnancy. You would eating really healthy meals, full of all the right nutrients and giving your baby the best start in life.

I think its a good idea to do 790 or even 1000/1200 till you conceive and then switch. When i got pregnant i had just lost a stone and after 4 months of trying it suddenly happened!

Good luck and keep us posted! (oooooo i love babies:D)

As far as I'm aware, you're not "allowed" to do WW when you're pregnant. I've noticed it recently while looking at their site online :)

Hi JodieJoJo!

Thank you for your message. I would really, ideally, want to weigh a bit less than I do now but I think I have made up my mind and am ready to start trying and if it happens it happens.

Like Rachelle said, time does run out for other reasons than your age. I am just over the 16 mark at the moment and hope to get down to 16 within the next week because I have just had a 2 week holiday. I know of two girls (one is a neighbour and another a friend of a friend) who are extremely tall and very wide and have had no problems... so there is hope for me yet!

I hope that I will not have any funny cravings etc and not be able to eat healthily as some people are not. A girl at work is pregnant and all she can eat is dry toast and pasta with no sauce!

How many babies do you have???

It is a very exciting time! We are now looking to move to a bigger house... may rent for a while until we can find something. All change!

Eek!

Love Char xx

Back