Pregnancy

hajis-sweetie

WW newbie:)
Hi There,

I am thinking of starting the CD as I have 5 stone to lose. I am also hoping to start trying for a baby and was wondering if anybody knew whether the CD minimises your chances of conceiving? I have heard that it reduces some hormone levels and can lead to hormone imbalance.

Thank you!!

losing the weight, then trying for a baby could only be a good thing i would have thought, but i'm not an expert so maybe someone knows if it does actually effect infertility.

Hey hun, I've been on this forum a long time and you'd be surprised the number of people who go on CD to lose weight to optimise their chances of pregnancy... and fall pregnant WHILST on the diet! You have to stop when you fall pregnant, but before you conceive it's a great way to lose weight and increase your possibility of pregnancy.

The slimmer you are, the better your fertility! So I say go for it - you only have weight to lose and maybe a lot to gain!!

xxx

Hi There,

I am thinking of starting the CD as I have 5 stone to lose. I am also hoping to start trying for a baby and was wondering if anybody knew whether the CD minimises your chances of conceiving? I have heard that it reduces some hormone levels and can lead to hormone imbalance.

Thank you!!

Most dieters who are losing weight to conceive have found vlcd's have improved their chances considerably and a few on here have got caught out unexpectedly...but thankfully it was a welcomed surpise.

I do know that rapid weight loss causes the hormone estrogen which is stored in fat to be released into your blood stream in larger quantities and it can disrupt your periods, they return back to normal once you stop dieting.

But the other side effect is it seems to increase your fertility so it is advisable to take extra precautions if you are not yet ready to have a baby.

CD packs have all the vitamins, minerals etc., your body needs and most find when they are on this diet and using it correctly that their health improves.

As it has been shown that people who are overweight/obese have a poor diet in general.

Best talk to your CDC about this and she will be able to advise you.

Love Mini xxx

yes i agree with the others, i would also start taking folic acid whilst you on Cd just incase you do conceive!
i must admit my periods are all over the place since starting CD but my baby is only 4 months old and i have had the contraceptive injection so it could be that. x

Hi hajis-sweetie I am also trying to lose weight so we can try for a baby. I have about 8 to 9 stones to lose though so I wouldn't even consider starting to try until I have finished losing weight as I would be too scared of my weight bringing on complications!?!

I know losing the weight definitely works though as I lost 10 stones in 2005 through Lighter Life for my wedding and was pregnant before I returned from honeymoon!?!

I'm in the same boat - although we have been actively TTC since Aug 2007 now, but nothing is happening. My cycles are regular and my gynae consultant doesn't seem to think that my weight could be the issue, but you never know. Losing the weight before (or should I say 'if') I get pregnant, can only be a good thing!

Hopefully the concentration of vitamins, combined with losing weight will finally get me pregnant!

Good luck!

Hi AutumnSky,

Fingers crossed the diet and weight loss will do the trick for you. I am so broody at the moment but I am keeping my sensible head on and will not try for a bubba until I have shifted the weight. I was so lucky last time as I fell pregnant immediately and I put that down to the weight loss and the healthy shakes and soups full of vitamins.

Keeping everything crossed that the same formula works for you.

Hi, like others I am very broody but my periods have been all over the place since being on CD. I have a nearly 3 year old little boy and when i got pregnant i was about 16 half stone. I had nothing but problems, had to see a consultant due to my weight and ended up with gestestional diabetes where i had to inject. Benjamin was 2 weeks early by c section because of the rate he was growing and was 9 8.5 lbs. Obviously everybody is different but I am definatly loosing weight before i get pregnant ( easter is my goal ) because of all the problems i had. Good luck xx

Back