Prep for starting!

messyfreckle

Eee so i'm so excited.

I had a bit of an epiphany moment over the weekend where I realised how completely fed up I am of being this weight (somewhere around 18/19 stone). I'm fed up of avoiding my mother because of all the weight related comments I get, fed up of feeling out of breath walking to my 3rd floor apartment and fed up of broken sleeps (due to, I believe, finding it harder to breathe). Sick of it all.

So registered on here yesterday and have had a good ol' read of the place, seeing what will suit me best. Decided on Exante. It's affordable and the results are fab. Total Solutions is gonna be my flavour of choice :)

Can't afford to order it 'til payday on the 30th, but have until then to use up what I have in the house, and get myself in the right frame of mind.

I'm quite excited. I've been big all my life, so it'll be quite a change being 'normal' for once.

The healthy weight for my height, 5ft 4, is 10 stone...but to be honest, i'd be happy a stone or 2 over that. So my initial aim is to get to 12 stone and re-evaluate from there.

Roll on payday, eh?

good luck and welcome! this place is amazing for help and support.

good luck and welcome! this place is amazing for help and support.

Thankyou.

This looks like a fantastic place for support and help - read through loads yesterday on here and got really inspired.

I live on my own so hopefully should be able to do it 100% as there'll be nobody else to feed etc. Clear out the cupboards so there's no temptation. I'll be grand :)

Anything I can do in the lead up to starting that'll give me a helping hand?

Congrats on making the decision to do something about it, that is a huge step in itself. You will be in good company here, as I'm sure you have already noticed. Good luck on starting in around 2 weeks time and keep posting. :D

Anything I can do in the lead up to starting that'll give me a helping hand?

For the 5 days before starting try and limit the amount of carbs that you eat. If you can keep it as close as possible to just 10%, then you'll find the first 3-5 days much easier. Also increase your water intake so that you can drink at least 3 litres of water per day.

For the 5 days before starting try and limit the amount of carbs that you eat. If you can keep it as close as possible to just 10%, then you'll find the first 3-5 days much easier. Also increase your water intake so that you can drink at least 3 litres of water per day.

i second that! the first few days are hard and day 3 is usually the toughest but stay strong and it does get better and easier.

Hi and welcome!

We are very similar,... my start weight on Exante was 18 stone 3, and i am also 5ft4. My heaviest ever weight was 19stone around a year ago.

I too would be very happy with 12 stone, i don't think i was even that weight at 13 so it will be exciting if i get there. I would love to reach BMI of 24.9 though which is just sneaking into "normal" just so i can say i did it once. Realistically though i feel i will be happy maintaining around 11 to 12 stone if at possible. Well, it's very hard to visualise any of it right now so it's just a case of trying it all out and seeing how we feel at the time i guess.

Good luck for the end of the month!

Hi messyfreckle,

Welcome to the most supportive forums around and well done for making the decision (for YOU)!! I cannot add anything more, than that already mentioned above, in preparation.

It sounds like you're in the right frame of mind and that is key on a diet like Exante. Add a bit of discipline and determination (you will need both) and you will be losing the weight a lot sooner than you think!!

Good luck for your first week and stay strong!! :D

Thanks guys,

Your responses are all greatly appreciated :) I'll defo try to limit carbs in the 5-7 days leading up to starting. I drink a fair amount as it is, so water intake shouldn't be an issue.

I think this time the discipline and determination shouldn't be an issue. This is the first ever time i've tried to lose weight for ME, as opposed to my mother (who, incidently, is a size 6 twig and has never had an issue with weight in her life!) so hopefully i'll have the driving force to finish it :D

Very excited - these next 2 weeks can't come quick enough!

Well as with most things, it's all about decisions on a diet like this and as this is for YOU, you need to hold that thought and it will help give you the drive and determination you need to succeed :D

Well as with most things, it's all about decisions on a diet like this and as this is for YOU, you need to hold that thought and it will help give you the drive and determination you need to succeed :D

Thanks!

I see you're just 'down the road' from me, too. I'm a Fareham dweller ;)

Welcome to our merry band. It's so exciting getting stuck into this journey, especially in the company of other people that are going through similar things. I hope the next two weeks go well as you prepare for this journey - at least with no-one else in the house you won't be tempted by their food. There's a good book that you may find useful - the Beck Diet Solution - in theory you start it two weeks before you actually start dieting, so could be perfect timing for you! It's intended to help you change the way you think about food.

Anyway, welcome and good luck as you get started :)

in the past when iv tried losing weight for other people to make them happy i always failed. This time its for me and i feel completely different about the diet this time round.

It also helps to make a list of the reasons why you want to lose the weight. You can put this on your fridge, or somewhere that you will see it often - unless you prefer to keep it private. Either way, take time to read it at least once a day (and when you feel vulnerable) and remind yourself of the reasons you are doing this and how great it will feel once you get to your goal and never have to feel down about those things ever again.

Thanks!

I see you're just 'down the road' from me, too. I'm a Fareham dweller ;)

I'm Fareham too, I just put Portsmouth as people are more likely to know it lol

Welcome to our merry band. It's so exciting getting stuck into this journey, especially in the company of other people that are going through similar things. I hope the next two weeks go well as you prepare for this journey - at least with no-one else in the house you won't be tempted by their food. There's a good book that you may find useful - the Beck Diet Solution - in theory you start it two weeks before you actually start dieting, so could be perfect timing for you! It's intended to help you change the way you think about food.

Anyway, welcome and good luck as you get started :)

I have just gone ahead and ordered that book just now. Won't arrive til middle of next week, but will give me some time to read through it.

Thanks for the rec!

It also helps to make a list of the reasons why you want to lose the weight. You can put this on your fridge, or somewhere that you will see it often - unless you prefer to keep it private. Either way, take time to read it at least once a day (and when you feel vulnerable) and remind yourself of the reasons you are doing this and how great it will feel once you get to your goal and never have to feel down about those things ever again.

I'm a big list maker, so this task sounds right up my street! Thanks :) I'll do one over the weekend and pop it on the fridge.

I have just gone ahead and ordered that book just now. Won't arrive til middle of next week, but will give me some time to read through it.

Thanks for the rec!

I ordered that book earlier today. It seems highly recommended all over the internet. :)

I'm a big list maker, so this task sounds right up my street! Thanks :) I'll do one over the weekend and pop it on the fridge.

No problem. Feel free to share it on the forum too, if you like. I think everyone here likes those kind of posts and it also gives the opportunity for other people with the same worries/problems/fears/etc to share their experience or offer help/advice.

Back