Preparing for day one (again), of many more ahead.

It's great how we all do different things with the packs, I only ever have the shakes hot but I only have the chocolate and the vanilla (with coffee added) - I alternate between the two each night.

OOh never had shirataki noodles. Shall look them up. Well done for getting another day done & dusted SOL. Sounds like you have thought things through & planned well. Hope tomorrow goes well x

They are good to have on standby as something to bulk up the hot packs with, if you have a hungry day. I get mine from a korean shop but Holland&Barrett sell them now called zero noodle, miracle noodle or skinny pasta/rice/spaghetti. A bit dearer than in the oriental supermarkets but more accessable and if you get them in the penny sale, it's the same price :)

I will try the hot chocolate this week no doubt as it's TOM so I'll have some cravings to kick ;) I remember liking it on LL though.

I spent the evening bunching all my packs into threes so I feel more prepared now.

Day Three

Today was a breeze! I'll be delighted if I can carry on like this for the majority of the time. I can feel that I am in ketosis also as I have that weird taste in my mouth and had SO much energy today. I'd forgotten how good it feels.

Breakfast 09:30 -
Vanilla shake warmed up with some coffee as a latte. I didn't really enjoy this one but I managed to drink it. I think I prefer it cold so will stick to that from now on.

Lunch 15:30 -
Porridge. I wanted something a bit warming for lunch and this hit the spot nicely I quite enjoyed it but used less water than instructed.

Dinner 19:00 -
Carbonara. Had this more like a soup and added some hot pepper sauce and garlic to it. Enjoyed it more that way and was satisfied.

Also had a can of coke zero as a treat and that filled me up a lot so I'm going to bed now at 00:30 feeling satisfied, happy and ready for tomorrow.

Hi VF, only just read you diary. I think the noodles are a great idea if you have a hungry moment. I used chestnut mushrooms in the same way. Added 2-3 chopped into large chunks into a meal pack to bulk it out / add something to bite.

As long as it doesn't send you down the "oh well I've had real food so might as well carry on route" you should be fine

Sent from my HTC One X+

Hi VF, welcome to the forum. I hope you find as much support here as I have done in the last month. Everyone here is great and the support really is invaluable. I hope day 4 is gentle with you x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Glad things have been going well for you VF. Does sound like ketosis has arrived. Hope you have another good day tomorrow x

Hi VF, only just read you diary. I think the noodles are a great idea if you have a hungry moment. I used chestnut mushrooms in the same way. Added 2-3 chopped into large chunks into a meal pack to bulk it out / add something to bite.

As long as it doesn't send you down the "oh well I've had real food so might as well carry on route" you should be fine

Sent from my HTC One X+

They do come in handy! I had some today with my chilli pack as I didn't get to eat until 21:00 so I was pretty hungry by then. I view them as an extension of the packs if you like because I know they won't affect ketosis and they only have three ingredients (konjac fibre, water and calcium). I get "the fear" about conventional food once I'm on packs, I was terrified when I came off LighterLife but never learned about maintenance...so here I am again on the astronaut food :p

I've been reading your diary since you first posted (I hadn't joined yet) and you're doing SO well, I'm happy for you :)

Day Four

Another great day :) I think this plan is helping my depression and I'm wondering if my carb sensitivity can affect my mood too. I know it's early days but now I think about it, I was consistently stable and upbeat when I did low carb before. I can't quite remember what I was like on LL but I was 18 so was probably a moody cow anyway ;)

I went for a haircut on the other side of London after work as I had a voucher and I usually dread them a) because I've been given too many awful rod stewart haircuts in the past and b) those bloody mirrors everywhere! but it was fine my hairdresser was lovely and he made me feel at ease - even salvaged my hair from the mess the last hairdresser made, without cutting it short which I was not expecting. So pleased! I hope everyone else has had a positive day too.

Breakfast 10:00 -Chocolate shake warmed up. This was ok but I don't think I was able to mix it well enough in the shaker or maybe I didn't heat it for long enough. I enjoyed it anyway as it felt like a comfort (as well as curbing TOTM cravings!)

Lunch 13:45 - Porridge
I was really hungry by this point and my stomach was growling a rabid wolf (I wonder if Duran Duran were on VLCD hehe!). I didn't have this the day before so I put it down to having coke zero yesterday evening I know what aspartame does - you'd think I wouldn't drink it then! I thought about this and I think once the 6 cans I have left are gone I'll cut them out too. Aspartame is really not a good thing to put in my body, so why do it?

Dinner 21:00 - Red bean chilli with shiritaki noodles. Was late home (due to haircut) and felt hungry by this time so I had some of the zero carb noodles with the pack. This filled me up and I added some hot pepper sauce and pink Himalayan salt to it. I think the chilli is my favourite not just because I like spicy food but the texture/consistency is nicer.

I've been so busy that I have only had two glasses of water today so that is something I will have to keep an eye on.

Haven't logged on for a while due to moving house but I have thankfully stayed on track! I've lost 19ib so far and I'm really pleased :) Hope everyone else is doing well

That's brilliant VF well done! Glad you're still on track and going strong :)

Great effort VF! Well done for sticking with it, especially during a move :)

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Well done VF, excellent loss. Bit of a result on the hair cut too x

Back