Preparing for Xmas

darkcookie

Not sure where to post this so please move it if in wrong place.

I was wondering what preperations people were doing today/tomorrow for the big day ie. food in particular.

I am bored and was wondering what I should be doing ie. baking cakes/mince pies/cookies/dips anything else that springs to mind.

I shall be off plan xmas day & boxing day (but in all honesty I have been munching my way through quite a few xmas treats for a few weeks now) :eek: and managed to STS for 2 weeks :p

Hoping to get back on track on the 27th (fingers crossed)

So if anyone has any ideas & recipes shall be gratefully received (I need to be doing something).

Merry xmas to all!

Lyn

Tonight i'm making a chocolate orange mousse cake ready for christmas eve's dinner. We're having some cold meats, cheese, pate, coleslaw, salads etc. We thought it would be easier to have something simple to prepare and clear up after.

Tomorrow i'm making a new york cheesecake ready for christmas day, and my dad's girlfriend will be making a few other desserts (I think we're having chocolate custard tart and at least one other!).

Nothing too much to prepare really, On christmas day Me and my sister will do the veg's, and then my dad's girlfriend will stuff the bird with lovely homemade stuffing, roast it to perfection and we'll all eat till we can't move - God I love christmas!

I made the pate yesterday to mask the beef for the beef wellington on boxing day and have frozen it. Made the cream of onion soup and frozen that as well.

Took the pork out of the freezer this morning to thaw in the fridge ready for cooking Christmas morning. Stuffing is made, apple sauce is made.

Will finish bits and pieces of housework tomorrow, then out to lunch to out favourite Chinese.

Just got one more present to wrap and that is it.

i can't cook so my parents will be cooking the christmas dinner. i will have to offer to clean up etc ...my mother will be cooking turkey, ham veg and potatoes . i will ask for a half portion and then just try to have one desert thing and be careful not to eat too many chocolates

I am not baking anything as I have a dreadul flu and just manage about getting up. But have wrapped all the presents and put them under the tree, yay!

Most of the xmas goodies (or baddies lol) are not to my taste - I have no sweet tooth.

I plan to have lots of turkey this year as part of the plan - this is ironic as I usually try to avoid it lol.

I had a car crash today and have decided to leave the car alone over the holidays and this will ensure I do plenty of body magic and walking - this is my best defence of preventing too much indulgence.

Back