Preparing for Xmas

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by darkcookie, 23 December 2010 Social URL.

1. darkcookie

darkcookie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(17.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not sure where to post this so please move it if in wrong place.

I was wondering what preperations people were doing today/tomorrow for the big day ie. food in particular.

I am bored and was wondering what I should be doing ie. baking cakes/mince pies/cookies/dips anything else that springs to mind.

I shall be off plan xmas day & boxing day (but in all honesty I have been munching my way through quite a few xmas treats for a few weeks now) :eek: and managed to STS for 2 weeks :p

Hoping to get back on track on the 27th (fingers crossed)

So if anyone has any ideas & recipes shall be gratefully received (I need to be doing something).

Merry xmas to all!

Lyn

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've no spectacular receipes to share. Tomorrow I'll get ready all the veg, piggies in blankets & dates in bacon & get out the Christmas crockery, get the table ready then all we need to do on the big day is cook, eat & drink:D

4. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tonight i'm making a chocolate orange mousse cake ready for christmas eve's dinner. We're having some cold meats, cheese, pate, coleslaw, salads etc. We thought it would be easier to have something simple to prepare and clear up after.

Tomorrow i'm making a new york cheesecake ready for christmas day, and my dad's girlfriend will be making a few other desserts (I think we're having chocolate custard tart and at least one other!).

Nothing too much to prepare really, On christmas day Me and my sister will do the veg's, and then my dad's girlfriend will stuff the bird with lovely homemade stuffing, roast it to perfection and we'll all eat till we can't move - God I love christmas!

5. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I made the pate yesterday to mask the beef for the beef wellington on boxing day and have frozen it. Made the cream of onion soup and frozen that as well.

Took the pork out of the freezer this morning to thaw in the fridge ready for cooking Christmas morning. Stuffing is made, apple sauce is made.

Will finish bits and pieces of housework tomorrow, then out to lunch to out favourite Chinese.

Just got one more present to wrap and that is it.

6. Stupid

Stupid I'm a greedy pig

Start Weight:
    8st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    help i can't stick to any as i am greedy
    i can't cook so my parents will be cooking the christmas dinner. i will have to offer to clean up etc ...my mother will be cooking turkey, ham veg and potatoes . i will ask for a half portion and then just try to have one desert thing and be careful not to eat too many chocolates

7. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I am not baking anything as I have a dreadul flu and just manage about getting up. But have wrapped all the presents and put them under the tree, yay!

8. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Most of the xmas goodies (or baddies lol) are not to my taste - I have no sweet tooth.

I plan to have lots of turkey this year as part of the plan - this is ironic as I usually try to avoid it lol.

I had a car crash today and have decided to leave the car alone over the holidays and this will ensure I do plenty of body magic and walking - this is my best defence of preventing too much indulgence.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.