Pretty little blue Pill!!!- the fight to the end!!!!!

right.. i was shatted last night!!! i hope that this feeling goes away soon, because i would love to be able to jsut to get on the wii for half hour or something like that.... that would be nice!!!

right also food didnt really go well yesterday afternoon... i think my body was telling me it needed energy, so i went for horrid foods!

but today has been better.. in fact ive been 100% (so far its only half way through the day!!!) so im pretty chuffed with that.
resisted the biscuits at toddler group this morning.. so im chuffed with that.

this afternoon im going to have some fruit and yog for snack... really need to get back into eating as much fruit as possible.
and we are going to have steak and salad for dinner so looking forward to that...

not supprised really when i got on the scales (for my morning weigh...) (slaps own wrists!!) and see that ive put on some more weight... just wondering how long it will take my body to catch up on the utter rubbish that i have eaten in the last couple of weeks.....

but im back, and im positive, and although exercise is out of the question for the next week or so, im ok with that... i would love to be able to get out for a walk maybe tomorrow.... that would be nice.

Hi K,

I am a member on an American site which in my opinion is the best site with regard to fitness and nutrition (of course Minis is still my fave),
I got this article emailed to me this morning and it struck me that you are in this position. Im afraid I have to post the whole thing, but its interesting -

Start Small with an Exercise Fast Break
How Can Small Equal Fast?
-- By Zach Van Hart, SparkPeople Contributor
As you may have read in the Nutrition Resource Center, one of the keys to maintaining a healthy diet in the long run is starting small with a Fast Break. This idea not only applies to food; a fitness Fast Break is just as important.

While starting small helps you to avoid burnout when it comes to eating healthy, it also helps to avoid blowout when it comes to fitness. When you decide to start a fitness regimen, it’s easy to think you can just pick up right where you left, regardless if it was two weeks ago, two months ago or even two years ago! Unfortunately, fitness does not work that way. In fact, trying to jump right back in can be dangerous.

Whenever you work out, the muscles in your body break down and then repair themselves. The more active you are, the easier and less painful this process becomes. But when you jump right back into a workout routine after a long absence, your muscles are not prepared. It will take awhile for the body to recover from pressing too hard and one feeling will result – major soreness (a little is okay, after all).

By starting small with a fast break, you ease your body back into the routine of exercise without the pain (or at least not as much). And don’t feel like you are a wimp because you are starting small. By establishing a solid base, your body will soon be ready to roll and adding more difficulty to your workout will be easier than you think.

So what are effective yet simple fast break ideas? Here are some possibilities:
Walk every day for 15 minutes
Get 8 hours of sleep every night (good for energy)
Stretch every morning
Take the stairs instead of the elevator at work
Skip a TV show and go outside instead
Do push-ups or sit-ups for one minute (as many as you can)

xx

thanks for that love...

i know i cant throw myself back into where i was a couple of weeks ago (although it would be nice) i have just got to be calm about it and start of slowly...

thanks...

self destruct button ON!!!!
i dont know what is wrong with me..
mornings seem to go perfect... 100% then i get so blooming hungry in the afternoon, i have to eat anything and everything..
i tried eating fruit yest, then more and then more, and before i knew it i had eaten a peach, grapes, a banana, apple, satsuma, and blueberries and rasps, and also yoghurt... now yes its all good for you. but oh my gosh, how many calories.....
ehhhhhhhhh
whats wrong with me?

Maybe it's your body telling you that that is what it needs right now. I wouldn't get off the loo for a week if I ate all that...

im waiting for the loo effects... (not the oil as i dont think i would ahve eaten anything that would cause that...)

well if your body is healing it maybe needs more energy to do it. although I don't think there's a massive amount of calories in fruit. I'd imagine it's good for clearing out your *ahem* bowels. Nice n healthy :p

I agree with KB/PK, Kes. It could just be that you're craving what your body needs (in the same way that I crave a fried breakfast when I'm hungover!).
Try not to beat yourself up too much, your body is still healing and it needs energy from food to do its job. A fruit binge isn't the end of the world either, I know everything counts in terms of calories but give yourself credit for the fact that it wasn't a chocolate bar/cake/crisps binge!! It shows you're still thinking about things, rather than just doing that crazed standing at the cupboard bingeing that I've been known to do!

Just a thought? Are you having enough for lunch, and/or enough snacks during the day? I find that my danger points come when I let myself get TOO hungry - then I just want to eat anything in sight, and lots of it. Sometimes it's better to graze a bit, even if it means having slightly more calories overall, just to stop you getting to that ravenous point.

Other than that, I haven't really got any pearls or wisdom. Just be kind to yourself Kes, you've only just come out of hospital! And by the way - I'm soooo impressed at your eagerness to get back into the exercise. I hate it and would avoid it at all costs, so it's very alien to me to hear somebody say they're desperate to get back into it!! :D

xx

i know i should give myself more credit..
im just sooooo egar to be the skinny one!!.. i dont want to be fat anymore. ive been like it my whole life (as far back as i can remember) and i hate this... i want to be happy and able to walk around in nice clothes without having to hide away inbaggy clothes....

yesterday was an ok day.. i had cous cous in the afternoon... prob should not have had it... but better than snacking on rubbish....

i also when i got home, although feeling rightly shatted, i got on the wii for half hour and did the free step... MAN my muscles are sore today!! i really do have to go back to square one!!.. imagine if i went right back into the exercise i was doing (1-2 hours... of intense...) wow i would be dead by now!!!

i did the cleaning today, and also went for my infared sauna, it was good to relax for a little...
and now im once again shatted......

i had an amazing weekend...

my husband spoilt me with a weekend away. spa treatments (manicure, facial, pedicure) and then an amazing place to stay. it was so nice to chill back and relax.
it was lovely.

although the food didnt stick 100% to plan, it wasnt bad.

i went to sw tonight and i lost 1 and a half pounds...... i was gob smacked! i didnt think i was going to lose that!!!

cant believe it...

but this week is going to be better.
ive got some bacon, chicken, ham, fruit... all of that for snacks, and im going to try and stick to plan...

i am feeling slightly depressed.. but not sure if thats because im coming off my period, or if its becuase of the fact ive had such a nice weekend and now its back to normal....

Wow that sounds fantastic Kes...I wish I was lucky enough to have such a thoughtful man in my life!
And well done on the loss too, that's fab - especially considering that last week was a bit up and down for you food-wise, AND you've been away too. You must be so pleased with that :)

Sounds like you've got yourself prepared for this week too, I just hope you don't feel down for too long. I'm sure coming back to reality after that kind of weekend would be enough to give anyone the blues. Hormones on top of that would just be the icing on the cake for me!

Hello hunny!

Wow you are one lucky lady! Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! And what a way to top it all off loosing 1.5lbs you lucky girl! Well done hunny!

I suspect you got the monday blues! Especially after the most fab weekend! Hope you come round soon hunny! chin up!

loves ya

xxxxxxxxx

Aw that sounds like a fab weekend! Well done on the loss :)

Hello all
My name is Tina I was doing calories counting and gym..but the doc has put me on Xenical ive only been on them for a week and still not quite sure what to eat can i still calorie count as well as im not to sure any advice would be great. Hope you dont mind me joining in...

sorry thats the old ticker an get rid of it here is my new one
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg34mP4/]

Hi Sheba and welcome, if you post for help in the Xenical section (start a new thread there) we'll all be tripping over ourselves to give you support. If you post on someone's diary fewer people get to see it. Good luck!

KB x

welcome sheba,
you have done amazing with your loss so far

today hasnt been too bad.
did eat a few bad things, but nothing too bad..

im planning on trying to get back into walking on the treadmill tomorrow..... eeekkk... im going to be asleep before 7pm!! (i dont finish until then)
we had no power at work today.. and so i had a small kip on the sofa, made me feel a little better....

i want to have a 100% day tomorrow.
ive got some cous cous out and im going to take that into work to snack on, and ive also got fruit and chicken pieces....

right off to have a shower and go to bed....

well today is going better. (although i had 2 plain hob knobs) lol....

but they are going to be syn'd... just need to find out how many! lol...

im feeling better now that i got back out onto the tread mill...
walked/powerwalkd/and naughtyly did some jogging... for 2.23klm... and burnt 137 cals...
really makes you think that for example those 2 hob knobs at 67cals each... the two i had are 134.. i only just burnt off them...
really does make you think about what and how long it takes to burn of food that you are eating....

i now kinda realise how when i was working in a call centre, i managed to put on so much weight because i would just eat utter rubbish and not be moving around to burn it off....

anyway....
back to today. im feeling better... im exshauseted after my treadmill trip, but still i got out there and did some exercise finally! yay!!!!

Back