Pretty new to SW and not doing well...HELP!!

Okay

I will post a picture of the portion size I generally have (when I figure out how to do it) and then maybe you could tell me if this is too much, as I am unsure because I am feeling hungry throughout the day which then makes me ratty.
xKx

If you're feeling hungry then you DO need to eat more. I snack all day long, I just graze away on veg, fruit etc. Veg is a lot better than fruit, as Kingleds said as they're more filling and less calories. Pictures would be great if you can as we all have different ideas about how much large/small portions etc are.

Eating not enough can stop you losing weight just as much as too much, and if youre doingall that exercise not only will you need MORE food youwil also be growing muscle which is heavier than fat so you are not necessarily putting 'weight' on at al!

I will have given it a month by next weigh in...so I think that is pretty fair, I wouldn't say I had a small gain my second weigh in as I pretty much put everything back on that I lost in my 1st week, and that felt horrible and embarrasing as my 1st loss wasn't all that fantastic anyway and the only reason I lost 2.5lb this week was because I went to the 10am meeting instead of the 7.30pm one...so all the food I normally have in my stomache at weigh in time wasn't there this time, god knows what I would have weighed had I gone my usual 7.30pm time??!!
I have 2stone to lose, not just one

OK Id only read that you lost 2.5 then put 1.5 on, I didnt see a third week WI, sorry if I missed it, I also read a post that said a stone to lose. Even so, two stone is not a huge amount so you can't expect to be losing more than 1-2lb a week if you're eating sensibly. If other people are doing so then they are NOT eating sensibly and ut wil be back on in no time when they stop dieting.

It is essential you get weighed at the same time on the same day in similar clothing every week or the number on the scales is meaningless.

I have kept my carb intake low at dinner time, as I know when I get hungry I can just go to bed instead of snacking on yet more friut, and I always have some friut with breakfast and salad with lunch and most of my dinner plate is full of veg so I am 1000% sure I am getting all my super free in a day, no question about that...I am keeping to my syns (about 10-maybe I should have none?) and I don't eat bread/cheese/butter...my milk is used with breakfast and coffee (decaf, before I get told off for that)

There is no need to restrict carbs or caffeine (??? :confused: ), bread, cheese, butter. If you are focussing on minutiae like that you are not following the plan. You NEED carbs and any bread, butter, cheese etc comes well within your HEXes and syns. As long as you follow the plan you WILL lose weight. Ten syns may not be enough. The plan is five to fifteen. I would up it rather than decrease it.

How about posting a precise diary - *exactly* what you ate in one day (how many of exactly which fruit etc. One grape/one apple is not the same as five bunches of grapes/ten apples, fruit is not like veg etc etc etc)

And the pictures is still a great idea.

TBH I'm not sure what answers OP is looking for, I think all the ideas everyone has posted are perfectly legitimate and sensible.

SW is not a quick fix and a lot of people with have an average of 0.5lb a week loss if you work it out over the length of time you've been doing it.

Can't see the point in asking for advice then getting defensive when people post ideas, sorry, just my opinion.

Good luck x

kerryathome said:
TBH I'm not sure what answers OP is looking for, I think all the ideas everyone has posted are perfectly legitimate and sensible.

SW is not a quick fix and a lot of people with have an average of 0.5lb a week loss if you work it out over the length of time you've been doing it.

Can't see the point in asking for advice then getting defensive when people post ideas, sorry, just my opinion.

Good luck x

I have always said I appreciated peoples comments, and I post for support and advice as well as speaking to someone who is going through similar to me.
I am not being defensive as you put it, perhaps you are reading it in the wrong 'tone'?
I understand that SW isn't a quick fix, I don't expect to be losing 5lb a week just 2lb a week while being totally dedicated to plan.
And as I said I look for support there is no right 'answer' to this thread just the hope of some tips advice, which everybody who has replied, other then you, has given to me and I am thankful for them for taking the time to reply, I am sure they haven't read it to be defensive, well I hope they haven't anyway.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Well done on the loss thats great :D

I understand that SW isn't a quick fix, I don't expect to be losing 5lb a week just 2lb a week while being totally dedicated to plan

Well done on you loss this week!!
You persevered and it's working, you must be pleased!

Can I just say in regards to your comment above.....weight loss is not linear. Dieting would be a doddle if we lost 2 lbs per week just by sticking to plan!! ;)
The fact is, some weeks we do stick to plan and we don't get the results we want, other weeks we are 'naughty' and we lose, there sometimes is no rhyme or reason as to how much weight we drop each week (if any!)
I have read that when we shed fat from our cells, water temporarily replaces it and it is only when we lose that water do the numbers change on the scales and I'm guessing that our bodies decide when that happens?
So, in the meantime, we just have to keep plodding on, doing the best we can and celebrate the losses as and when they come!

Good luck for next week!

Thanks for your reply lentil, I am pleased that I have persevered and pretty proud of not giving up and switching to WW ;)

I can totally see what you are saying and you are right and i will just keep plodding along, doing the best I can and losing what I can, I suppose as long as it is coming off I should be happy cz every little counts after all, and now I weigh 5lbs less then I did, and I don't feel deprived and it is all good food that I am eating (apart from the curly wurly's, which you can see in my diary is a regular snack favourite of mine) and I have also made a couple of friends at group, and being new to my area this is a BIG bonus to me, friends that have things in common with me :)

So I am sticking around, not comparing my weightloss with anyone else's and keeping my eating as super healthy as possible.

X

Thanks for your reply lentil, I am pleased that I have persevered and pretty proud of not giving up and switching to WW ;)

I can totally see what you are saying and you are right and i will just keep plodding along, doing the best I can and losing what I can, I suppose as long as it is coming off I should be happy cz every little counts after all, and now I weigh 5lbs less then I did, and I don't feel deprived and it is all good food that I am eating (apart from the curly wurly's, which you can see in my diary is a regular snack favourite of mine) and I have also made a couple of friends at group, and being new to my area this is a BIG bonus to me, friends that have things in common with me :)

So I am sticking around, not comparing my weightloss with anyone else's and keeping my eating as super healthy as possible.

X

That's great news. I'm really pleased for you. Agree with much of what you've said above. This is not a quick fix however if you can enjoy your food and eat well it shouldn't be a problem if it comes off slowly. Hopefully you will also have good habits for 'after' SW (or ideally continuing with it in the long term).

Well done for sticking with it.

Gail x

That's great news. I'm really pleased for you. Agree with much of what you've said above. This is not a quick fix however if you can enjoy your food and eat well it shouldn't be a problem if it comes off slowly. Hopefully you will also have good habits for 'after' SW (or ideally continuing with it in the long term).

Well done for sticking with it.

Gail x

Thank you :D

KraziKayzi said:
:)
I have switched to Red Days and can't wait to see the results on Tuesday!

I can't wait to read about your result on Tuesday x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Krazikayzi.
Good luck on your quest to lose weight!
I kept a food diary from week 5 and it's good to check back and also useful when you have a bad week, my weekly losses are as follows........
week 1=-3.5lb
week 2=-3.5lb
week 3=-3.5lb
week 4=-1lb
week 5=-2lb
week 6=-3lb
week 7=-2lb
week 8=-5lb
week 9=-4.5lb
week 10=-2.5lb
week 11=-2lb
week 12=-1lb
week 13=-4lb
week 14=-3lb
week 15=-2.5lb
week 16=-2lb
week 17=-3lb
week 18=-1.5lb
week 19=-4lb
week 20=-1lb

As you can see it goes up and down so don't worry! I now eat more than before but also have salads and fruit with most meals,use my syns each day.
Stick with it!
Pete.
Decrepid,65 yr old, T2 Diabetic and overweight!

...also I am finding it expensive to keep the fruit bowl topped up!

I have discovered frozen fruit, its great and in Tesco you can get 3 tubs for £2.50. I just keep it in the freezer and then take a bit out each day. Only takes a few hours to deforst and its saving me a fortune as I was spending a lot of money on fruit that would then go off and then get thrown away too quickly!

...also I am finding it expensive to keep the fruit bowl topped up!

I have discovered frozen fruit, its great and in Tesco you can get 3 tubs for £2.50. I just keep it in the freezer and then take a bit out each day. Only takes a few hours to deforst and its saving me a fortune as I was spending a lot of money on fruit that would then go off and then get thrown away too quickly!

Thats a really good deal I thought I was doing well getting a box of frozen raspberries for £1.30 in Aldi. Might have to go to tesco on the way home.

Which ones do you get hun? I like raspberries & blueberries, but tend to avoid the summer fruit mixes as they have redcurrants in which are a bit tart for me.

Also, has anyone tried the mixed tropical fruits & if so do they defrost okay?

It looks like you are eating too much, which I know is easy if you are told foods are free!
Just eat enough free foods to fill you up and then stop. Also fruit does contain a lot of sugar, so perhaps cut that down and snack on some carrots or celery with a nice fat free dip instead. I eat a couple of portions of fruit a day and then the rest of my diet will contain veg. I find that exercise really helps with the weight loss, perhaps look at the Body Magic booklet which you should have been given when you joined SW. It doesn't ask that you run a marathon but starts with 5 mins of easy exercise a day. Good luck!

Back