Primal and proud

Great stuff about the mystery diner - what a boost to get that kind of recognition of your hard work. :D

Apols if you've said before, lol, but how do you make your creamy cabbage?

Great stuff about the mystery diner - what a boost to get that kind of recognition of your hard work. :D

Apols if you've said before, lol, but how do you make your creamy cabbage?

I fry the cabbage in butter for a few minutes, add a splash of water and out a lid on to steam it for 5 minutes remove lid and cook off water then add a good splash of cream till it bubbles and serve :D

Just been up town after taking the kids to school and playgroup and I popped into boots as its weigh day and the good news is 3lbs off :D

Im so happy with how everything is going at the moment and my life is going from strength to strength :D good times :cool:

Another day another run! Been for a 2 mile run and managed to shave another 5 seconds off my average speed :D

Have a night off work and am looking forward to my little pirate and his shipmate coming for dinner and doing a treasure hunt :cool:

Todays food

530am out for a 2 mile run

Breakfast - Smoothie (coconut milk, double cream, raspberries, cinnamon and maple syrup)

Lunch - Tuna mayo salad

Dinner - Slow roasted chicken, roasted sweet potatoes and cauliflower and broccoli cheese.

Last edited:
I have just finished baking 3 batches of chocolate brownies (they are the complete opposite of paleo lol)
One batch for DH to take to work, one batch for me to take to work and a batch for the pirates tonight :D any leftovers will be being sent home with our guest as her 2 brothers and parents all love my brownies too!

I have never been over keen on chocolate cake anyway but everyone I make them for loves them and have been pestering me to make some for a while so I thought I would kill 3 birds with one stone lol
Im not in work tonight but the twins and I will have a leisurely stroll up there before I pick the pirates up from school I think :cool:

Been for a 3.5 mile run and unfortunatly my average pace was 9 seconds slower than yesterday but I put it down to the fact that of the 8 times I had to cross a road 6 times I had to slow right down to let a car turn and then had to try and pick my pace up again :rolleyes:

Have the house to myself for 6 hours today while the kids are at school and playgroup so am looking forward to some peace :D

Todays food

530am out for a 3.5 mile run

Breakfast - Smoothie (coconut milk, greek yogurt, raspberries and apple)

Lunch - Leftover roast chicken with broccoli and cauliflower cheese

Dinner - Paleo lamb "lasagne"

I am working tonight so hope its busy to make it go fast

Im so glad I didnt have to go running this morning as I am so tired :( at least I have a night off and can have a lie in tomorrow so I can catch up!

Todays food

Breakfast - Greek yogurt with a dash of maple syrup

Lunch - Leftover lamb "lasagne"

Dinner - Slow roasted pork loin, roasted sweet potatos and cauliflower and broccoli

Todays food

Breakfast - Grilled bacon, Grilled portabello mushrooms and scrambled egg

Lunch - Slow roasted pork belly and creamy cabbage

Dinner - Leftover Paleo lamb "lasagne"

May go out for lunch tomorrow for Fathers day, just having a look at what offers are on :D

Im working tonight and then have a 5 mile run in the morning so not having to cook sounds like a good plan to me :cool:

Had a really busy night at work tonight and as its fathers day its gonna be a manic one today :eek:
Been for my 5 mile run this morning, it felt like hard going but I actually ran it 20 seconds a mile faster this week than last so must be because I only got 6 hours sleep (got home at 11pm but their was a live band playing somewhere near and was really loud and kept me awake for ages :(

Todays Food

630am out for a 5 mile run

Breakfast - Smoothie (coconut milk, greek yogurt, banana, apple , cinnamon and maple syrup)

Lunch - Tuna mayo salad

Dinner - Jacket potato

Well yesterday was so busy at work as was expected and I was glad to finally finish at 1030pm!
No run today which Im very relieved about as my poor feet are still aching from last night :rolleyes:

Its my Birthday today :D but we are not celebrating until saturday and then I am having a triple celebration with my Brother and Dad as our Birthdays are all within a week of each other.

Todays Food

Breakfast - Bacon and egg

Lunch - Tuna mayo salad

Dinner - Pulled pork, homemade coleslaw and salad

Last edited:
I have just signed up to order a veg box from Abel and Cole,Thought it might be a good way of trying new veg without getting stuck in a veg rut :)
Going to get my first box on 5th July and for joining up I get a free veg cookbook (great for ideas) and a bottle of olive oil (could have had a bottle of red or white wine but I dont drink anymore) and also get my fourth box free. Going to give it a months trial and see how it works for us. You can dislike things so that they dont send them so have opted out of the potatos every week.

DH and I bought/ordered all the kids new uniform at the weekend and all but the polo shirts have arrived today :D They look so cute in it and are so excited about starting school! They are having taster sessions tomorrow and wednesday (have been split up into different classes) and cant wait to meet their teachers :D

Am hoping the rain holds off for the school run in a bit!

Happy Birthday! Hope the kids like their taste of school, my youngest adored hers a couple of weeks ago; I've had seventeen years of having at least one child under school-age (at one point I had three under school-age!) so I've been looking forward to this year for a while! By the way, how do you do your pulled pork?

Happy Birthday! Hope the kids like their taste of school, my youngest adored hers a couple of weeks ago; I've had seventeen years of having at least one child under school-age (at one point I had three under school-age!) so I've been looking forward to this year for a while! By the way, how do you do your pulled pork?

Thank you :D

Yeah I have been looking forward to september for the last couple of years lol

For my pulled pork all I do is rub a boneless pork shoulder with a spice mix (I use medium curry powder, paprika, garlic granules and ground corriander) then pop it in the slow cooker on low for about 8 hours then pull apart with 3 forks. You can also do it in the oven at 150 c for 6 hours wrapped in foil x

Well I am another year older but am probably in better shape than I was 10 years ago
Been for a 4 mile run :)

This weeks running programme is 4 miles/ 2 miles/ 4 miles/ 6 miles

Todays food

530am out for a 4 mile run

Breakfast - Smoothie (coconut milk, banana, mixed berries, cinnamon and maple syrup)

Lunch - Cheese omlette and salad

Dinner - Bolognaise sauce with courgette "spaghetti"

Working tonight

Been for my 2 mile run and knocked 10 seconds off my average pace :D but I doubt I could keep up that pace for longer runs!

Had an email about the olympic park run yesterday to say that it will start at 10am on 21st July, I am really looking forward to it and cant wait to cross the finish line used by the olympians :D

My little boy loved his taster day at school yesterday and I have a very excited little girl looking forward to hers today :)

Todays Food

530am out for a 2 mile run

Breakfast - Smoothie (coconut milk, mixed berries, banana, cinnamon and maple syrup)

Lunch - Leftover bolognaise with sauteed leeks

Dinner - Chicken stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon with salad and sweet potato fries

Been for a 4 mile run this morning, found it a bit hard going though and ran the slowest I have ran in 2 weeks :( oh well at least Im getting out there and doing it I suppose :)

Todays Food

530am out for a 4 mile run

Breakfast - Smoothie (coconut milk, mixed berries, banana and cinnamon)

Lunch - Leftover bolognaise with sauteed courgette

Dinner - Tuna mayo salad

Working tonight

No run today which was good as I got a whole extra hours sleep :D

Todays food

Breakfast - Smoothie (Coconut milk, mixed berries, banana and cinnamon)

Lunch - Tuna mayo salad

Dinner - Quiche with a meat crust and salad

Looking forward today as its a triple birthday celebration for my brother, Dad and me :D

We are going bowling and then for meal.

Breakfast - smoothie ( coconut milk, mixed berries, banana and cinnamon)

Lunch - bacon and eggs

Dinner- out for meal planning on steak and salad
Plus DH is making me a paleo upside down apple cake with salted caramel sauce :D

Been for my first ever 6 mile run :)

Had a great time last night with the family and stayed paleo :D I had a ribeye steak with half a jacket potato and then a slice of the upside down apple cake with salted caramel sauce (paleo of course) that DH made and it was lovely. To drink I had a pint of soda water with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

Got a busy day today going shopping and then am working tonight.

Todays Food

6am out for a 6 mile run

Breakfast - Paleo cinnamon rolls

Lunch - Pork belly or tuna mayo salad depending on when we get back

Dinner - gluten free cheeseburger with salad

Didnt want to get up this morning!

Todays food

Breakfast - Leftover paleo cinnamon rolls

Lunch - Slow roasted pork belly

Dinner - Pork loin, creamy cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli

Back