Primal and proud

Im excited but nervous as I start my new job today :D

Went out for a 2 mile run this morning and am going to push myself back into training! It should be easier with my new job as I finish at 8pm in the week so no late nights and then early morning training plus im on set shifts so can fit my training in a lot easier :cool:

My DH took me shopping at the weekend and treated me to lots of new clothes and I was even brave enough to buy a dress and skirt :D I know I still have a long way to go but im feeling so much better about myself already :cool:

Im excited but nervous as I start my new job today :D

Went out for a 2 mile run this morning and am going to push myself back into training! It should be easier with my new job as I finish at 8pm in the week so no late nights and then early morning training plus im on set shifts so can fit my training in a lot easier :cool:

My DH took me shopping at the weekend and treated me to lots of new clothes and I was even brave enough to buy a dress and skirt :D I know I still have a long way to go but im feeling so much better about myself already :cool:

Yay for shopping! It's awesome to go out and feel like you look pretty good. :)

Hope you had a nice day at your new job, sounds like the schedule will be more liveable for you! x

Yay for shopping! It's awesome to go out and feel like you look pretty good. :)

Hope you had a nice day at your new job, sounds like the schedule will be more liveable for you! x

Yeah was good and it has made me realise that I am actually smaller than I feel :D

First day went really well and I am looking forward to another day tomorrow, so glad I have made the change and everyone I have met seems nice so looks like things will be good :)

Im loving my new job :D infact I love it so much that it has made me realise how bad my old one had become and I am dreading having to work there on a sunday :( need to keep it on for now though as it covers my childcare costs.

I am also loving that fact that as I work until 8pm 3 nights I am coming home to a lovely cooked dinner :D This week has been chicken fajitas (obv no wraps), Belly Pork with sweet potato mash and creamy cabbage and last night was chinese pork and cabbage :cool: My Dh is amazing :D

Am doing my first Midnight finish tonight so will be taking dinner with me am planning a lovely salad and have just made some coleslaw to go with it :cool:

Im getting really bad at updating this :rolleyes: I think its because I really dont feel like I am on a diet anymore and it really is a way of life so I just get on with it!

Work is going really well and I am still loving it :D

Got home last night and DH was making me fajitas :) and tonight is pork stir fry :cool:

I have decided to drop out of GNR as my training has taken such a back seat that I am too far behind to do it safely :cry:I can postpone my entry till next year which gives me plenty of time to lose more weight and get fitter.
I am going to commit properly to kettlebells but am trying to work out when is best to start as I am not looking forward to that first session ache lol, I may do a quick session tonight as I am off tomorrow so can recover then lol

Im thinking it may be best to restart the kettlebells once the kids are back at school but then I dont really fancy waiting 2 weeks so may start them before that.

I weighed in last night and I stayed the same which I am more than happy with as its a good sign that maintenence will be no problem but thinking back to the last couple of weeks it has become obvious that I am allowing myself way too much fruit and maple syrup and so I need to cut back a bit so I am going to try and get back to posting my food daily again just so that I can see if it really does show a difference in my weight loss!

Todays food

Breakfast - Bacon and onion scarmbled with eggs and cream

Lunch - Tuna mayo and cheese salad

Dinner - Paleo pulled pork with homemade coleslaw and salad

Food is looking great! Cutting back on sweet stuff like fruit and paleo 'treats' has worked for me without cutting back on meal portions and I've dropped a few pounds; hopefully you will find the same. :) I envy you going back to kettlebells, I've been thinking about mine a lot lately but am just too knackered for it to be a sensible idea. What exercises do you do? I really like kettleworx although I know some people find them really cheesy. :D

I found a good work out on youtube for beginners that is done in three sets of 8 exercises but I know that I have to only do 1 set to start with as the ache will get me lol.

Yeah I am hoping that cutting back will kick start me again and also the kettlebells will help tone

Had a lovely day off doing nothing yesterday and now its back to the grindstone today lol

Woke up ravenous this morning so I had a few strawberries and cream before making my proper breakfast! I was good though and skipped the maple syrup :cool:

Todays Food

Breakfast - Strawberries and cream followed by bacon and onion scrambled with egg

Lunch - Chicken kebab and salad with mayo

Dinner - Belly pork with sweet potato bake and broccoli

Hmm Im struggling a bit today :confused:

TOTM is due in a few days and so my carb cravings have emerged and I am having to fight them hard! I cant be bothered to cook my kebabs for lunch and am really fancying stuffing my face with chocolate (which I havent missed in months!) I was thinking of making some paleo pancakes but again not sure I can be bothered with the faff!

I just sliced up a banana and a few strawberries with a dash of maple but Im still hungry as need some fat!

I am working 4-8pm so need to have something filling before work but dont fancy anything that isnt too much effort!!!!

Right just pulled myself together and made myself a tuna mayo salad with leftover coleslaw from last night :D

Right just pulled myself together and made myself a tuna mayo salad with leftover coleslaw from last night :D

Good show :) I had a chocolate fest last week lol in my defence I ate it instead of dinner :rolleyes:

Your food always sounds lovely x

Good show :) I had a chocolate fest last week lol in my defence I ate it instead of dinner :rolleyes:

Your food always sounds lovely x

Thank you x mother nature has a lot to answer for :rolleyes:

I know that if I eat a little chocolate I am in danger of not stopping so really trying not to give in lol

I do enjoy my meals but having the kids at home is making it hard for me to gather any motivation to cook at lunch as they either get in my way in the kitchen who start fighting when

Oops too early! !

Or start fighting when I leave the room for more than a minute!!

Once they are back at school I will do some batch cooking so that I always have something to hand :cool:

Really really craving chocolate :( part of me thinks 1 bar wouldn't hurt after all its been 5 months since I ate anything non paleo but im just scared that I wouldn't stop at one and would end up back at square one :eek:

I know its just TOTM being imminent causing this but its really messing with my head! This is the first time I have felt this much of a craving since the beginning!

Gotta be strong!!!!

Have a smoothie with banana and cocoa powder with coconut milk? Might help as. Read somewhere that craving sweet stuff was a craving for fats..

Have a smoothie with banana and cocoa powder with coconut milk? Might help as. Read somewhere that craving sweet stuff was a craving for fats..

I have been at work and that has made the craving disappear but will definately keep it in mind for next time :D

Just back in from work and my chocolate craving appears to have gone while I have been busy working away :D

DH is just finishing off dinner which I am really looking forward to :cool:

So glad I didnt cave in as I know I would just have felt crap afterwards!

Feeling better this morning :D

Todays food will be

Breakfast - Mushrooms scrambled with eggs and cream

Lunch - Prawn and chorizo salad

Dinner - Tuna mayo salad

Damn chocolate cravings are back :cry:

am off to work in a bit and have been good all day but craving choc again! I am really starting to hate mother nature this month!

Have made my tuna salad ready for work and may get DH to make me some paleo cinnamon rolls so that I can have something "naughty" without making myself feel poorly :)

I know its just a craving and it will go but its driving me potty lol

Back