Primal and proud

Im still here but have been so busy and now I have my own car life is so much easier :D

I have decided to switch to a vlcd for a month (maybe 2) and then come straight back to primal.
I love eating primal but with the Christmas season approaching quickly I really want to drop some weight so I can wear some nice dresses during party season :D

I have been on it since Thursday and have had no problems as am already ketoadapted thanks to primal :)
Im looking forward to coming back soon though x

Im still here but have been so busy and now I have my own car life is so much easier :D

I have decided to switch to a vlcd for a month (maybe 2) and then come straight back to primal.
I love eating primal but with the Christmas season approaching quickly I really want to drop some weight so I can wear some nice dresses during party season :D

I have been on it since Thursday and have had no problems as am already ketoadapted thanks to primal :)
Im looking forward to coming back soon though x

Good luck with it hun xx

Will definitely be back soon as I totally love primal and am already meal planning what I will eat :D

Well first week of my vlcd done and I am down 8lbs which seems a lot considering I have been primal for so long now :D
Im really missing primal though and ready to get back to it :D

yeah I missed primal so much while on vlcd , missed how well I felt on it , im like a big horrid hormonal bear on vlcd , not good for the family :0(

Yeah I certainly dont feel as good on this vlcd as I did on primal but it has helped get rid of my sweet cravings that I was starting to get due to having too much fruit and maple syrup :rolleyes:
I think I may come back to primal next friday having done 2 weeks of my vlcd as I am missing it so much lol

I have been doing lots of planning and have a heap of new meals to try as I was getting into a bit of a rut before, I am also going to cut back on the greek yogurt and not have much maple syrup. Back to basics really :D

Good for you though for taking control of your habits and working to eliminate them x If I run into problems ill certainly try to take on the whole 30 approach and cut out the sugars and excessive fruit ect to curb any cravings . xx

Yeah I am proud of myself for catching myself so quickly on the carb creep as usually I would let things go on for a while and gain weight whereas this time I just failed to continue losing :D

Im really looking forward to getting back to clean eating as although the vlcd is low carb it is full of unnatural stuff that isnt doing my body that much good!
That said I got a months supply so will probably use the other 2 weeks nearer christmas just to help with weightloss for party season :cool: Its also good to have it there for any carb creep that may occur in the future but hoping that now I can recognise it easily I will be able to pull it back without resorting to a vlcd!

I expect some people will read this and judge me but considering how bad my relationship with food has been in the past I am just glad to be able to recognise when I am nearing going off the rails and correct it before it actually happens even if it isnt in an ideal paleo way ;)

It's great that you spotted the creep before putting on weight, and did something about it! Have fun planning recipes etc for when you're back to primal, although personally I'd find that a bit torturous whilst on a vlcd I think! :D x

Well I decided to come back to primal today as I am missing it too much :D I will do the odd week of vlcd nearer christmas tio use up my products but for the next few weeks Im back to primal :D

I have been shopping and topped up the fridge with goodies and will keep the higher carb foods to a minimum for the next few days.

I missed breakfast due to not deciding till 1130am to change back and have just had a small scallop and chorizo salad for lunch :cool:

Yayyyy, welcome back! What a yummy meal to kick off with too ;)

Feeling better for being back on primal but also feeling crap as I have a cold :( Had a tuna salad for dinner last night at work.

Food today

Breakfast - Bacon, onion and egg scramble

Lunch - Pork with chinese cabbage

Dinner - Pepperami and a hard boiled egg

Last edited:
Yeah I am proud of myself for catching myself so quickly on the carb creep as usually I would let things go on for a while and gain weight whereas this time I just failed to continue losing :D

Im really looking forward to getting back to clean eating as although the vlcd is low carb it is full of unnatural stuff that isnt doing my body that much good!
That said I got a months supply so will probably use the other 2 weeks nearer christmas just to help with weightloss for party season :cool: Its also good to have it there for any carb creep that may occur in the future but hoping that now I can recognise it easily I will be able to pull it back without resorting to a vlcd!

I expect some people will read this and judge me but considering how bad my relationship with food has been in the past I am just glad to be able to recognise when I am nearing going off the rails and correct it before it actually happens even if it isnt in an ideal paleo way ;)

its not for anyone else to judge you or your journey , I feel that we all have to do what is right for us at that particular time , I too struggle to release the draw of vlcd when struggling as im always looking to fast forward my weight loss, I feel right now ive reached the point in my life when nourishing my body with all things good and being as healthy as I possibly can be is the most important thing but that's not to say it wont change at some point in the future if im feeling a mite frumpy :0)

its not for anyone else to judge you or your journey , I feel that we all have to do what is right for us at that particular time , I too struggle to release the draw of vlcd when struggling as im always looking to fast forward my weight loss, I feel right now ive reached the point in my life when nourishing my body with all things good and being as healthy as I possibly can be is the most important thing but that's not to say it wont change at some point in the future if im feeling a mite frumpy :0)

Yeah I think once you have done well on a vlcd you want the quick results all the time! Fortunately I love primal so much that I cant stay away long lol

Like I say I will do the odd week till I have used my products and to help me hit a good size for Christmas but I cant stay on it long term as I don't feel as good on it as primal and also don't like putting artificial sweetners but I'm not going to waste my money either lol

Did my last shift at my second job last night and it feels good to be free :D

Today's food will be

Breakfast - mushroom, cheese and egg scramble

Lunch - Chorizo and scallop salad

Dinner - Paleo chilli, sour cream, guacamole and broccoli

Last edited:
Loving being back on primal :D

todays food

breakfast - bacon, mushroom and egg scramble

lunch - pork belly, creamy mushrooms and broccoli

dinner - leftover chilli, sour cream and guacamole

Was at work last night and ended up being given a flu jab for free lol, I dont normally have one but thought I may as well get it done with it being free :D

Today's food

Breakfast - Bacon,mushroom, chorizo and egg scramble

Lunch - Tuna mayo salad

Dinner - Pulled pork, homemade coleslaw and salad

You will notice that my food is quite basic at the moment as I am trying to slowly reintroduce the higher carb foods like sweet potato and butternut squash as well as things like maple syrup, fruit and almond flour, this is due to coming off the vlcd and not wanting to gain anything this week ;) Will find out on thursday if it worked lol

I am really looking forward to a sweet potato bake later in the week :cool:

Well today is weigh day :eek: I will walk the kids to school and then walk down town and get weighed, If I gain a little or sts then I cant really complain after transferring from vlcd to primal but I have been careful with the carbs so hope that I can drop at least a lb :cool:

Todays Food

Breakfast - Banana pancakes and raspberries (The pancakes have no nut or coconut flours in)

Lunch - Chicken fajitas and sour cream (no wraps)

Dinner - Tuna mayo and avocado salad

Back