Primal and proud

well done that's great !!!

what are in your pancakes ?

My pancake recipe is bananas, eggs, almond butter and cinnamon, it is by far the best paleo pancake recipe I have tried :D

Tired today :sigh: was at work till 1030 pm but stupidly didn't go straight to bed when I got in and then was up at 630 am!

Today's Food

Breakfast - Leftover pancakes with double cream and raspberries

Lunch - Mushroom and Cheese omlette with salad

Dinner - Homemade paleo Chicken Korma

My pancake recipe is bananas, eggs, almond butter and cinnamon, it is by far the best paleo pancake recipe I have tried :D
oo will have to try It ,have you posted the recipe anywhere ?

The exact recipe I used was 3 medium bananas (dont need to be brown) 3 eggs 1/2 cup almond butter and 2tsps cinnamon

Beat the ingredients to form a smooth batter and then heat coconut oil in a pan and spoon in small amounts of batter and cook for 2-3 mins on each side

Because there is no flour in it you need to cook them on a low heat and be patient about turning them or they will break, also keep them small.

The recipe will make quite a few, it did me two breakfasts plus one breakfast for my hubby and a couple for the kids to try :D

Sounds like you're right back into the swing of being primal, well done on your loss! Great especially considering the transition from vlcd. :)

Sounds like you're right back into the swing of being primal, well done on your loss! Great especially considering the transition from vlcd. :)

Yeah have really enjoyed my food this week and was happy to see another loss :)

I am going to do another week of vlcd from monday though as I have 3 weeks worth of stuff to use and everytime I open the fridge its looking at me and making me feel guilty about the money I spent on it lol. I will then do another week at the end of october.

At least I know I can easily switch between the two short term :D

Todays food will be

Breakfast - Pancakes, cream and raspberries (wouldnt normally eat so many but DH loved them and is making a fresh batch right now so would be rude not to have some ;) )

Lunch - Mushroom, chorizo and egg scramble

Dinner - Baked sweet potato with tuna mayo and salad

Last edited:
Busy morning of shopping done and now a lovely relaxing chilled out evening planned :D

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Chorizo ,mushroom and egg scramble

Dinner - Sirloin steak, sweet potato bake and broccoli

Then we are going to be naughty and share a bottle of asti :D

The exact recipe I used was 3 medium bananas (dont need to be brown) 3 eggs 1/2 cup almond butter and 2tsps cinnamon

Beat the ingredients to form a smooth batter and then heat coconut oil in a pan and spoon in small amounts of batter and cook for 2-3 mins on each side

Because there is no flour in it you need to cook them on a low heat and be patient about turning them or they will break, also keep them small.

The recipe will make quite a few, it did me two breakfasts plus one breakfast for my hubby and a couple for the kids to try :D
thankyou , will try these for next weekend xxx

Well I really enjoyed our relaxed evening last night :D My DH cooked the steak amazingly and the sweet potato bake and broccoli went really well with it.

It was lovely having a bottle of wine but I could feel the difference for having it so wont make it a regular thing :D

Im doing vlcd for another week starting today, Im not particularly looking forward to it but I promised my DH that I wouldnt waste it and the sooner I use it up the sooner I can get back to eating my amazing primal food ;)

Im back :D
Have dropped the whole vlcd idea as it was making me want to binge and I am determined not to end up back in that cycle!
I know that primal is the way for me and im never going to stray again ;)

Im not going to weigh for a few weeks as even though I want to lose weight I am more interested in being healthy and happy with food, if it takes ages then it takes ages :cool:

Today's food

Breakfast - stuffed mushroom on a bed of wilted spinach

Lunch- roasted butternut squash, sweet potato and garlic soup

Dinner - pulled pork, sweet potato fries and coleslaw

Last edited:
Have got some butternut squash, sweet potato and garlic roasting in the oven for some soup :D
Between that and the pork shoulder slow cooking my kitchen smells amazing :)

Cant believe I tried to do anything other than primal :eek:

Have got some butternut squash, sweet potato and garlic roasting in the oven for some soup :D
Between that and the pork shoulder slow cooking my kitchen smells amazing :)

Cant believe I tried to do anything other than primal :eek:

Yayyyyyy Primal for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :D

Wow sounds like you've an amazing food day planned!

x

Yayyyyyy Primal for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :D

Wow sounds like you've an amazing food day planned!

x

Yeah primal wins hands down :D

I thought that I would treat myself to some good food so that I forget about my flirt with a vlcd lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

you do right !! I've got a box of vlcd here and as tempting as speedy weight loss is , I aint going there no more !!...... I hope lol:eek:
well done Mrs , you seem in the same frame of mind as me , slow and steady for life now :0D xx

you do right !! I've got a box of vlcd here and as tempting as speedy weight loss is , I aint going there no more !!...... I hope lol:eek:
well done Mrs , you seem in the same frame of mind as me , slow and steady for life now :0D xx

Yeah I had been doing primal for 5 months and lost just over 2 stone without even trying and loving every meal so goodness knows why I tried to change it :confused:

I would rather stay at the same weight for the next 6 months than get back into the binge/starve cycle I was in!

Back