Primal...next step

Gibtron

Hi I have been Primal for last 7months and really enjoying it,am currently on holiday but reading marks daily apple and came across the potato diet and am tempted to give it a go when I return for a few days,(worried about holiday gain!)has anyone done it??bit worried as have Been very low carb alongside primal and wondered if there would b a rebound effect?
also have been intermittent fasting but was thinking of putting JUDDD into practice so have more regularity with it,does anyone else do this? Any success?
thankyou just really want to get this whole thing under control gets boring spending your whole life stressing about your weight!
then bingeing and making it worse!!:mad:

So true :) I suppose I'm just still seeing my weight fluctuating and am prone to binge eating-normally late at night! Have a unhealthy addiction to nuts and dates!!! So was looking to see if a better way of controlling it!
so you literally just eat 10-6 daily? How do u find that? Does your weight fluctuate at all? I seem to put weight on so easily and am on holiday at mo and with all the temptations can feel it creeping up!:( also train hard at home and not doing that while aaway do you mostly follow 80/20 or 100%?

Thanks cavegirl13 think I just need to accept may always have this battle struggle with weight and food!
problem is I love it too darn much!!

I agree, if you enjoy primal why mess with it. :) If I were you I would focus more on trying to find other ways to combat the challenges you mentioned like eating late at night. I usually have a reasonably portioned dinner with plenty of fat content and veggies and then a square or two of chocolate, I eat this around 7:30/8 and it keeps me satisfied until bedtime. I have struggled in the past with boredom eating but if I am well-behaved with primal and stick to small carb portions and avoid too much fruit or paleo baked goods/chocolate then I just don't seem to have the inclination as much. Also if you usually do a lot of exercise, make sure you are actually eating enough to fuel yourself or your body will get very hungry and want you to eat! :D I find it helpful to track a day's calories every so often just to make sure I'm on the right track.

I love food too, so one thing I do is choose new exciting primal/paleo recipes to try each week. I know a lot of people are happy with quite plain paleo food but I find a lot of enjoyment in trying new things.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday. :) x

I think your so right!
And I suppose to be honest I probably know that deep down its a case of stopping and breaking the bad habits rather than giving up and trying something else, already replies and reading more on here is helping, just think need to get back into a routine when home!! I DEFINTELY beat myself up too much about it all suppose its the fear of all the weight creeping back on!!
I don't really eat many carbs so maybe that's something I need to increase to stop the sugar cravings?
I have really enjoyed primal way of life,and finally so nice to eat some decent food and not be worrying about "low fat" sugar filled junk all the time!

will do, having a great time just gotta stop stressing bout the weight,don't want it to spoil it!

You've done really well with your weight loss :) and so I think a fear of undoing your hard work is natural - I certainly have it! When you get home could you try a Whole30? I bet this would help a lot with the sugar cravings even if you only did it for a week or two.

I'm taking marks advice (Via primal blueprint lol) And I'm goinf to fast every now and then..... Saturdays are hectic for me at work and i don't stop so i think a couple of times a month i am going to fast saturdays!!

I've not heard of this potato diet.... Dont think it would be for me mind.... I LOVE primal!!!

X

You've done really well with your weight loss :) and so I think a fear of undoing your hard work is natural - I certainly have it! When you get home could you try a Whole30? I bet this would help a lot with the sugar cravings even if you only did it for a week or two.
Thankyou :) it has been 9lb 2(at its lowest-although everyone said didn't look good and couldn't abstain) and creeps around this mark, just those extra couple of pounds really shows!!
Do u guys normally do a 24fast? I do a 16-20 but haven't managed a fulln24?
Where did u get the exact guidelines for the whole30? Was it on the apple?
Think I'm also going to try and put in a strict no eating after a certain time at night

Thankyou :) it has been 9lb 2(at its lowest-although everyone said didn't look good and couldn't abstain) and creeps around this mark, just those extra couple of pounds really shows!!
Do u guys normally do a 24fast? I do a 16-20 but haven't managed a fulln24?
Where did u get the exact guidelines for the whole30? Was it on the apple?
Think I'm also going to try and put in a strict no eating after a certain time at night

The whole30 guidelines are here The Whole30® Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life. - they do have a book but I think there's enough info there to give it a go. I've also seen a lot of the paleo bloggers are doing it in January so posting a lot of whole30 compliant recipes and whatnot. :) x

Thankyou plumfoodie that's SO helpful, I read the apple and forum everyday just soo much on there can easily miss things!
Thankyou :)
everyone on here is so supportive and it helps so much, going to try to not worry and focus when backbone..I like a challenge!!! :/

Back