primal plum

Sounds like things are going well :D Im jealous of your nights out I have forgotten what they are lol
I really need to start reading the blogs again for some inspiration as meals are very samey :rolleyes:

Hi Plum sounds like you're doing great! I haven't checked into minimins in ages. Saw on the GI forums that you started up over here, so I decided to come check out your updates :) Keep up the good work!

Sounds like things are going well :D Im jealous of your nights out I have forgotten what they are lol
I really need to start reading the blogs again for some inspiration as meals are very samey :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with samey but sometimes it's nice to have a bit of flair too. :D

A very paleo day today, steak salad for breakfast, lol. :D

Have got some fresh coconut now (and have stored it in the freezer) but need to use up the tin I opened before I try coconut milk again.

I have also just refrigerated a new batch of sauerkraut, made it with red cabbage this time and it's very pink! Also making fermented carrots with ginger but they need another week or so to be ready.

Funny paleo pitfall moment the other day, I have been avoiding 'treats' at the moment (and I think it's doing something, my double chin looks less offensive although I may be deluding myself, haha) but after a couple of pints of cider last Friday had a moment of weakness and really fancied a lemon poppyseed mini cake. Got one out of the freezer and just before pressing 'start' on the microwave with it on a plate to defrost realised it was a puck of bone broth. Glad I realised before the microwaving and not after.....

Glad to have a better yoga sesh today; I've got an ouchie on my back over my shoulder blade and so twisting or lying down has been really painful. A couple of days of miracle salve has helped though and today I was able to do almost everything as long as I was careful.

The very pink sauerkraut is tasty, I am really impatient for my carrots to finish fermenting so I can try them! LOL! Also after a bit of an Internet saga I have obtained some grass fed gelatine (the great lakes brand) so can't wait to do something with that - probably fruity gummy squares.

Have a couple of new paleo cookbooks (yes, the first step is admitting I have a problem with buying too many cookbooks, haha) - the Against All Grain cookbook has some nice bits in that we've made already even though it just arrived. Also bought (online) the Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook which has the most delicious Morrocan stew recipe in it, and the 'magic paleo/primal bread dough' recipe that costs a couple of quid. Haven't made the bread yet as I need to atone for having met family for a pub lunch on Saturday and (in addition to my saintly prawn and smoked salmon salad - really nice big country pub portion) eaten an ENORMOUS dish of clotted cream ice cream. I think there may have been 4 or 5 scoops in there. Yikes! And Yum!

Still enjoying the weekly menus from the 30 day guide to paleo too although unlike Practical Paleo they're not as good at repurposing leftovers and so you wind up doing more cooking for breakfasts and lunches. Nice to have a change though and some of the dishes have been really good and will definitely go in our regular rotation.

It's weeks like this I am so glad to be eating paleo; I didn't have a restful weekend at all and not enough sleep last night which is recipe for disaster with CFS/ME, but although I'm feeling tired and definitely need to rest, I don't actually feel ill, which is a huge achievement for me. :)

I love cook books too :)

I never have left overs my OH and various nephews (all over 25yrs) who visit or stay with us eat it all :)

I made a hairy dieters Moroccan stew on Sat night using 800g lamb usually goes between 3 adults, & 2 kids - my OH and his nephew ate it ALL!!! Couldn't believe it !

Glad your doing so well :)

I love cook books too :)

I never have left overs my OH and various nephews (all over 25yrs) who visit or stay with us eat it all :)

I made a hairy dieters Moroccan stew on Sat night using 800g lamb usually goes between 3 adults, & 2 kids - my OH and his nephew ate it ALL!!! Couldn't believe it !

Glad your doing so well :)

Wow! I can see why leftovers don't stand a chance!

The very pink sauerkraut is tasty, I am really impatient for my carrots to finish fermenting so I can try them! LOL! Also after a bit of an Internet saga I have obtained some grass fed gelatine (the great lakes brand) so can't wait to do something with that - probably fruity gummy squares.

Have a couple of new paleo cookbooks (yes, the first step is admitting I have a problem with buying too many cookbooks, haha) - the Against All Grain cookbook has some nice bits in that we've made already even though it just arrived. Also bought (online) the Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook which has the most delicious Morrocan stew recipe in it, and the 'magic paleo/primal bread dough' recipe that costs a couple of quid. Haven't made the bread yet as I need to atone for having met family for a pub lunch on Saturday and (in addition to my saintly prawn and smoked salmon salad - really nice big country pub portion) eaten an ENORMOUS dish of clotted cream ice cream. I think there may have been 4 or 5 scoops in there. Yikes! And Yum!

Still enjoying the weekly menus from the 30 day guide to paleo too although unlike Practical Paleo they're not as good at repurposing leftovers and so you wind up doing more cooking for breakfasts and lunches. Nice to have a change though and some of the dishes have been really good and will definitely go in our regular rotation.

It's weeks like this I am so glad to be eating paleo; I didn't have a restful weekend at all and not enough sleep last night which is recipe for disaster with CFS/ME, but although I'm feeling tired and definitely need to rest, I don't actually feel ill, which is a huge achievement for me. :)

Well, the first step is admitting you have a problem ;) lol although I dont believe it is possible to have too many books of any kind!
Clotted cream ice cream sounds amazing, a choice if you ask me :D
I absolutely love leftovers lol I'm always disappointed if there is none left for breakfast! I'm having smoothies for breakfast at the moment and really miss my leftover breakfasts!

Hope you rest up, but its great that you're not feeling ill, just shows how important diet is!

Well, the first step is admitting you have a problem ;) lol although I dont believe it is possible to have too many books of any kind!
Clotted cream ice cream sounds amazing, a choice if you ask me :D
I absolutely love leftovers lol I'm always disappointed if there is none left for breakfast! I'm having smoothies for breakfast at the moment and really miss my leftover breakfasts!

Hope you rest up, but its great that you're not feeling ill, just shows how important diet is!

Leftovers rock... except when they're your planned breakfast and you feel a bit dodgy in the night after having had them for dinner!

I spoke too soon about not feeling ill, haha, feel like I'm trying to fight off some kind of sniffles/sore throat thing and also my stomach isn't too happy with me about something. Fasting this morning apart from turmeric tea (which I always use to fight off bugs) and will be hitting a few extra supplements later and resting hard (haha) today in an attempt to defeat whatever this is!

Edit: Hmm I tried to share a pinned recipe but the name of the website was starred out. I'm not sure why, as it's not a social or forum site and isn't mentioned in the anti-social network spam post and thus I would assume it's not a forbidden subject. Move along, then. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:
Heyy Plum,

How are you feeling?
Was awondering if you by any chance have a paleo carrot cake recipe?
Can't seem to find one that takes my fancy and I *need* some lol!

xx

Heyy Plum,

How are you feeling?
Was awondering if you by any chance have a paleo carrot cake recipe?
Can't seem to find one that takes my fancy and I *need* some lol!

xx

I haven't tried a carrot cake recipe (yet! lol) but the two I'd probably choose between were I wanting to would be these:

Which reminds me of my new discovery! Coconut cream concentrate (which is pretty reasonably priced) is exactly the same as coconut butter (which is not)! I haven't tried eating it straight yet to see if the taste is exactly the same but it should be and it works the same in recipes. Hurrah! (yes, I can make my own coconut butter but sometimes I just don't feel like it!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't tried a carrot cake recipe (yet! lol) but the two I'd probably choose between were I wanting to would be these:

Primal Carrot Mug Cake

and

PaleOMG – Paleo Recipes – Easter Weekend: Double Decker Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Which reminds me of my new discovery! Coconut cream concentrate (which is pretty reasonably priced) is exactly the same as coconut butter (which is not)! I haven't tried eating it straight yet to see if the taste is exactly the same but it should be and it works the same in recipes. Hurrah! (yes, I can make my own coconut butter but sometimes I just don't feel like it!)

Ooooh thank you, I trust your choice of recipes :)
The paleOMG one especially looks really good, the ones I'd seen looked too complicated and not enough spice, so definitely going to try this one.

Ooooh thank you, I trust your choice of recipes :)
The paleOMG one especially looks really good, the ones I'd seen looked too complicated and not enough spice, so definitely going to try this one.

Hope it's tasty - her recipes are usually pretty yum! The only reason I've bookmarked the mug cake version too is that I can sometimes (ie totm) tend to want to eat however much cake there is, haha. :D

Mmmm! Just had the balsamic-braised short ribs recipe from Practical Paleo (a favourite) but made with beef cheeks instead of ribs as the butcher was out. Soooo yummy, and a very cheap cut as well. In fact our lovely butcher gave us these for free to try. Really tender and yummy after a day in the slow cooker - think we'll be using these from now on. :)

After a debacle with lamb liver (aka LLD), I'm now managing beef liver ground and mixed with pork and spices to make sausage patties. I always liked liver but the LLD still makes me shudder to think about! :eek:

Also my fermented ginger carrots are done; they're yummy but next time I will use a tad less salt! Now got those and pink sauerkraut in the fridge; happy days!

Making dairy- and refined-sugar-free ice creams in prep for houseguests next week (they use coconut and cashew milks) - tonight's flavour was blueberry lavender. Had a little taste and it's quite scrummy! We've also made strawberry from the same book - The Spunky Coconut ice cream book. Because of the lack of sugar they don't set off cravings for me. Tomorrow is chocolate!

Back