Step 1 Sole Source Princess Peanuts Journey

thank you katsparkle! its so difficult being 100% isnt it and to be honest i really dont think a little bit of ham can do much damage, if any, but like you say its more the knowing youre fully committed!
you have done amazing, 18lb in 3 weeks??? i would love to lose that kind of weight in 3 weeks!!
are you on SS or SS+ or a mix of the two? are you exercising also?

good luck and keep at it, you are clearly doing something right with those results! when is your weigh in?x

Aww thank you :)
I will definitely listen to your advice, and tonight Ive decided to give the gym a miss (let my muscles recover) and I will go first thing in the morning. Im also having a proper SS+ meal tonight, which consists of white fish and baby spinach, yummy!!!

Ive tried SW too and also WW (and every other diet known to man) and didnt get on with either of them I would hit a plateau of around 11 stone 2 I think and wouldnt budge from here, it used to drive me mad so I just gave in, Im hoping CWP will get me past that number (I know its a long way off yet still!) And Im totally the same with xmas, I just love it so much and want to enjoy and therefore, in my mind, that involves me eating and drinking whatever I like when I like, even if I feel sick, I literally have no off/stop switch!

How much do you want to lose? x

Recovery days are just as important as the days you spend in the gym so enjoy it!

Glad you had a meal and finally got rid of the hungry feeling. For me hunger isn't an issue except for when I'm nearing the end of my work day (I take two products to work with me, and have two when I get home to try and spread them out) so I can't imagine how hard that must be to cope with!

I want to lose just under another stone or so I think so I'm well into the healthy BMI and have a good few pounds buffer for my holidays, but after these first two weeks, I'm going to really focus on toning myself up (obviously if there's a holiday involved, any kind of muffin top is a no no!) so as well as the classes I do at the gym, I've invested in some strength training & yoga dvds - gonna give one a quick bash tonight to help me learn the moves!!

Don't think I'll get the other half to join me on that one though! Lol.

Happy Day 11!! x

i actually lost 16lbs in my first week and 2 in my second because of that stupid meal i went on. i only lost so much because i have so much to lose!!! i have my weigh in on a monday morning so i havent had my 3rd weigh in yet. been trying to be good, struggling, dont feel hungry but mentally its a bit exhausting. overall i only need to lose about another 10 stone LOL, oh well, baby steps!

Thanks Amy! I think the rest yesterday really helped but I still STS this morning :( thats 2 days in a row now... which means I have only lost 1lb this week so, I am not happy about that at all as I wanted to lose 6! I got up early and went to the gym this morning and it was brilliant, I felt so refreshed and despite not having eaten anything I had lots of energy, I managed a 12 min run, some weights and then a 10k bike ride :) like you, I definitely need to tone up in time for my hol, my stomach and legs are so wobbly :/ and that isnt going to look good in a bikini! hahaha and muffin tops are def not cool!
I love yogalates have a couple of DVS here, used to do it about 5/6 times a week, brilliant for stretching!x

I still cant get over your huge loss in your first week, I wouldve been jumping around the room with joy! haha
I think 2lb is pretty normal for the second week, so dont beat yourself up over that as it may not have even made any difference, are you feeling confident about mondays weigh in? mine is Monday morning too!!
My hunger (I think, I hope, I pray) seems to have eased off (yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!) but my stomach is rumbling a lot all of the time, honestly the last 10 days have been mega tough for me x

Diary update...
Day 11 and hunger is easing - whoop whoop!
Went to the gym this morning in an attempt to try and shift my weight as I STS again this morning :( I really hope I see the scales move soon as I really wanted to lose 6lb this week, seems almost impossible right now.
16 days left until my holiday (i thought it was 17 - disaster!) so i really need to get my butt into gear!

Do you think its worth stepping up the cardio/exercise to try and lose weight quicker?

muscle weighs more than fat, so you may just be converting one into the other, so while you are effectively shifting the fat it might be hanging around in mudcle form. im no expert - i dont know how you can weigh yourself daily, it would drive me nuts, i specifically dont have scales for that reason lol

Diary update...
Day 11 and hunger is easing - whoop whoop!
Went to the gym this morning in an attempt to try and shift my weight as I STS again this morning :( I really hope I see the scales move soon as I really wanted to lose 6lb this week, seems almost impossible right now.
16 days left until my holiday (i thought it was 17 - disaster!) so i really need to get my butt into gear!

Do you think its worth stepping up the cardio/exercise to try and lose weight quicker?

Don't step up your exercise. That sounds ridiculous but allow me to try and explain as best I can.

Every time you do exercise, your muscles tear ever so slightly and fluid builds up around them so that the muscles can work to repair themselves. That's how toning happens and obviously the fluid can appear to cause weight gain when you hop on the scales, which is irritating. The only way to get rid of that excess water is to ride it out and just wait - it will go eventually, I promise.

If you increase you activity levels and push yourself harder, your muscles will never repair and therefore never get rid of that fluid. The key, for now, is to keep your exercise at a constant level for a while until your muscles are used to what you're doing (at LEAST a fortnight at the same level). Do not overdo this. It sounds stupid, but if it's scales results you're wanting, then you need to not go all gung ho with your exercise at least for now - especially on a VLCD. Your body will have a panic attack and keep hold of everything.

That said, don't be put off. Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat - 5lbs of muscle and 5lbs of fat weigh EXACTLY the same. The difference is that fat takes up a hell of a lot more room (see the picture below if that doesn't make sense). So exercise will almost definitely help your measurements and you'll get smaller, you may not see that reflected in your actual weight. In reality, your body fat will be decreasing and if you really want to make a go of your excersise you may want to invest in a set of scales that measure your body fat rather than just your weight because that will be where you see the difference.

Here's a picture of 5lb of fat and 5lb of muscle - both weigh the same, but look very different!
fat-v-muscle3.jpg

Don't step up your exercise. That sounds ridiculous but allow me to try and explain as best I can.

Every time you do exercise, your muscles tear ever so slightly and fluid builds up around them so that the muscles can work to repair themselves. That's how toning happens and obviously the fluid can appear to cause weight gain when you hop on the scales, which is irritating. The only way to get rid of that excess water is to ride it out and just wait - it will go eventually, I promise.

If you increase you activity levels and push yourself harder, your muscles will never repair and therefore never get rid of that fluid. The key, for now, is to keep your exercise at a constant level for a while until your muscles are used to what you're doing (at LEAST a fortnight at the same level). Do not overdo this. It sounds stupid, but if it's scales results you're wanting, then you need to not go all gung ho with your exercise at least for now - especially on a VLCD. Your body will have a panic attack and keep hold of everything.

That said, don't be put off. Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat - 5lbs of muscle and 5lbs of fat weigh EXACTLY the same. The difference is that fat takes up a hell of a lot more room (see the picture below if that doesn't make sense). So exercise will almost definitely help your measurements and you'll get smaller, you may not see that reflected in your actual weight. In reality, your body fat will be decreasing and if you really want to make a go of your excersise you may want to invest in a set of scales that measure your body fat rather than just your weight because that will be where you see the difference.

Here's a picture of 5lb of fat and 5lb of muscle - both weigh the same, but look very different!

Amy you should be a personal trainer or nutritionist!!! :) Thanks so much for this info, it makes sense and I think I have heard very similar things before.
I actually weighed myself this morning and lost a 1lb yay, so thats 2lb this week (Im only 4 off my target!)

Ok, so I wont overdo it - I will just keep going at my normal pace, I promise.

To be honest even though the scales are being slow, I think I can start to see the loss now (a little) on my body? Im still not feeling it in my clothes as much, when do you normally start to notice it? Inc my loss this week, Im at around 12lb so far (hopefully!)

I did take measurements myself and I am going to do them this weekend so I will update on here my losses :)

Thank you for taking the time to go through this with me :) x

At the minute, to look at me, I wouldn't be much of an inspiration to anyone needing a PT or nutritionist!

But I'm glad I can help. I'm a researcher at heart - always looking up why my weight isn't coming off as it should etc (like you, I've STS for the last two days so I have to learn my own lessons!) and this is what I've learned. This is gonna sound even sillier, but you probably won't notice much of a difference in you for ages - because you see yourself everyday, all the time. It's when people who maybe haven't seen you in a month look at you and go OMG! That's when you know for sure that this differences in your body shape aren't you just wishful thinking. With all the exercise you're doing though, I imagine the change will be quite phenomenal!

Did your Consultant measure you? I sometimes find that someone else measuring you is a little more... accurate. Only because I'm thick and can never measure myself in the same place twice! Still, let me know how you get on! I think you'll be really surprised! :)

Happy Day 12! x

I love to learn too, especially about diet, health & fitness, weight loss - I find it all fascinating (probably because I have been on diets for so long now!)
Yes my lady took them on the first visit but didnt on my first weigh in - should she do it every week? Well actually my OH takes mine and at home and I take his as, like you say, its difficult to get it right on your own body.

Yeah I guess... I do look in the mirror at my legs and bum and thinking "why havent you shrunk!!!!" and get annoyed and they are my problem areas. I seem to lose it from my stomach first and so I can see a difference in that already :)

I also took pics when I first start my home DVDs a couple of months ago so before I go on hol (2 weeks time) I will take pictures again and see if I can see a difference - I bloody hope so, Ive tried so hard since 2nd Jan to get in shape for my holiday and nothing has worked :( hence why Im now on this x

I see my Consultant every fortnight (so only actually seen her once!) but I think the norm is measurements are taken every fortnight or so - I guess it depends on the Consultant and how much time they have I suppose! I think taking them every week is a bit of overkill, because the changes will probably be fairly minimal.

I've lost three stone and still look at myself sometimes and don't think I've changed (I clearly have, I'm just a grumpy sod!) but I am the opposite of you. I cannot shift it from my belly, it normally goes from my boobs first and my legs have never been a problem area. I'm hoping the yoga that we've started may help me with that!

The pictures will definitely help - make sure you wear what you were wearing in your first pictures to get the full effect - you'll probably see a massive difference then! Make sure you put them on here though, would love to see the progress! x

im finding it tough, but im not hungry, its the mental side of it thats hard for me, not just picking up something and eating it when i am preparing dinner or something. today i had my shake and cleaned my kitchen and made dinner already so at least later i just have to heat it up, the evenings are so much harder for me (when my family is around) because they want interaction and i just want to distract myself.

Hubby asked me if i wanted to go out for a meal for mothers day and i was like NO - so we are going to see captain america instead. yay

Hello....I was very successful on CWP back in Sept-Nov 2012......I've not done well since then and tried to restart so many times. I am really feeling motivated at the moment and thought I'd check out this forum again! I just wanted to say that I lost 2 stone 1 lbs in 6 weeks when I did it before....the first stone was by week two. I'd lost a stone and half by week 5.....

Right...going back to properly read this from the beginning now!!

Your definitely building muscle! Hope you have a good day today x

Back