PrincessLemonade's Weight Loss Diary

Morning everyone. :) I am going to start by admitting I don't really know anything about healthy eating so I'm going to be learning as best as I can. I've just had an unexpected text from a family member saying they are in town, which means dinner out. Not to worry - I can make healthier choices. Breakfast is a bowl of Special K cereal with skimmed milk and a cup of tea. I'm planning to move on to a less sweet cereal in the future.

Hey Princess Lemonade! *waves like lunatic*
Well done for taking the first step. You'll learn as you go along and Special K isn't too bad for you. At least it's not sugar puffs!

Well done for taking the first step. You'll learn as you go along and Special K isn't too bad for you. At least it's not sugar puffs!
Hello! Pleasure to meet you. What diet are you doing? Good luck to you!

I'm calorie counting as I've found its worked well for me in the past & that way nothing is out of bounds, but I'm including lots of salads with meals etc and am on glucommanan (which is a high fibre appetite suppressant) half an hour before every meal and on green tea extract supplements (which boosts your metabolism). Struggling to drink a decent amount of water every day though.

I live on ready meals which is something I need to quit because they are full of salt. However, I have about 2p in the bank (student life) and they will have to do me until I get paid next week.

Yesterday

Breakfast: Special K cereal with skimmed milk. Around 300 calories? I'm rubbish at this calorie counting thing.

Dinner: Wetherspoons jacket potato with cheese and salad. 600 calories according to the website.

Tea: Ready meal. 386 calories.

Drinks: Costa small iced skinny latte (yesterday was a social day). 94 calories. Tea x4. Around 100 calories.

Exercise: 10,000 steps.

Total calories: 1,480.

I've got a long, long way to go but once I get paid I will be able to make things from scratch. Feeling positive.

I'm calorie counting as I've found its worked well for me in the past & that way nothing is out of bounds, but I'm including lots of salads with meals etc and am on glucommanan (which is a high fibre appetite suppressant) half an hour before every meal and on green tea extract supplements (which boosts your metabolism). Struggling to drink a decent amount of water every day though.
I feel you with the water thing! It is so difficult. Well done with the salads. Looking forward to following your journey.

I had around 1340 cals today. I use the myfitness tracker app to record my calories. And if you're not sure of any food content you can just type in the type of food and brand if you know it and it generally comes up with a rough guide. I have four kids and am on a budget so sometimes the kind of food I'd like to have I just can't manage, but I try not to beat myself up about it. We all have to live as well as diet right? x

Today

Breakfast: Weetabix with skimmed milk. 178 calories.

Dinner: Lentil and bacon soup. 234 calories. Low calorie hot chocolate at 115 calories.

Tea: Ready meal (this is going to have to continue until I have money) at 580 calories.

Drinks: Tea x4. Around 100 calories. I count extra for my milk. Plus water.

Exercise: 10,000 steps.

Total calories: 1,207.

I am used to overeating so I do feel hungry.

K
I had around 1340 cals today. I use the myfitness tracker app to record my calories. And if you're not sure of any food content you can just type in the type of food and brand if you know it and it generally comes up with a rough guide. I have four kids and am on a budget so sometimes the kind of food I'd like to have I just can't manage, but I try not to beat myself up about it. We all have to live as well as diet right? x
Yes of course! Wow, four kids, must keep you on your feet, haha. I did use myfitnesspal a good while ago but not now.

How much do you weigh hun? (don't have to tell me if you don't want to btw) You may not be eating enough. Don't make yourself go without if you're starving!

Ok so your BMR is about 1831 so that's, the amount of calories you can have roughly to sustain your current weight just by sitting still all day. Means you have a bit of leeway in your calorie consumption. If you're really hungry you could try a glucommanan supplement. It's literally just a high fibre supplement that decreases your appetite. You have two capsules about half an hour before a meal with two glasses of water. The water makes the fibre expand meaning you get fuller quicker. I know you said you're a student on a budget but you can get low cost ones if you visit health shops and they're close to their sell by date. Got mine from Holland and Barrett for about £2! I was really sceptical but they really help me eat less!

And yeah four monsters do keep me busy. Two girls aged 14 and 16 and two boys aged 7 and 9. Plus I work part time. My eating isn't so bad when I'm out of the house, but once I get home...... :eatdrink051:

Ok so your BMR is about 1831 so that's, the amount of calories you can have roughly to sustain your current weight just by sitting still all day. Means you have a bit of leeway in your calorie consumption. If you're really hungry you could try a glucommanan supplement. It's literally just a high fibre supplement that decreases your appetite. You have two capsules about half an hour before a meal with two glasses of water. The water makes the fibre expand meaning you get fuller quicker. I know you said you're a student on a budget but you can get low cost ones if you visit health shops and they're close to their sell by date. Got mine from Holland and Barrett for about £2! I was really sceptical but they really help me eat less!

And yeah four monsters do keep me busy. Two girls aged 14 and 16 and two boys aged 7 and 9. Plus I work part time. My eating isn't so bad when I'm out of the house, but once I get home...... :eatdrink051:
This is really great to know - thank you for doing that for me! :) I think I will eat a few more calories tomorrow. I really do need the flexibility of calorie counting as my dad works away and when he comes back on the weekends we go for meals a lot. I will have to make healthy choices as best as I can.

Welcome here and good luck with your journey - hope you'll find it easier with the extra calories Raven kindly worked out for you!

Baby steps will get you where you're going hun. You still have to enjoy life! ❤😁
I think I have accepted it's not going to be the perfect, filtered, clean-eating kind of menu you see on all those fitness vloggers on Youtube. I will endeavor to be sensible and realistic in the world we live in. Just looked at your ticker - you're doing wonderfully already! I'm going to make one for my posts too, however you do it, lol. :)

Welcome here and good luck with your journey - hope you'll find it easier with the extra calories Raven kindly worked out for you!
Hello! Great to meet you. Thank you for commenting on my diary. Your loss is fantastic! How did you do it, if you don't mind me asking?

You're welcome!

Yes I have lost a fair bit but my username describes my dieting style :eek:

I'm happy to tell you that I lost my weight on Slimming World - I like the diet & it suits me - I reached my target in May 2016 & stayed within the SW' 6lb target range for about a year.

Since then I've upndowned and I'm now 12lbs out of target :( although I go to class every week! I gained 2lbs this week after scoffing too many Easter goodies but will stick at it.

Typing this reminds me I need to alter my stats to reflect my gain!

You're welcome!

Yes I have lost a fair bit but my username describes my dieting style :eek:

I'm happy to tell you that I lost my weight on Slimming World - I like the diet & it suits me - I reached my target in May 2016 & stayed within the SW' 6lb target range for about a year.

Since then I've upndowned and I'm now 12lbs out of target :( although I go to class every week! I gained 2lbs this week after scoffing too many Easter goodies but will stick at it.

Typing this reminds me I need to alter my stats to reflect my gain!
Wow, excellent! I did Slimming World for a little while too around a year ago. It is a great diet and seems to work for many people. I love Easter eggs. No more now though. :angeldevil:

Yes I like SW and it works when I do it properly ;)

How's your day been?

Back