Probably my hundreth restart...

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Seriously over the past 14 years I've tried so many times, most I ever lost was 2 stone but then put it back on & so much more. So now here I am at over 18 stone wanting to be 11st 7lb which funnily enough is what I was 14 years ago when I started dieting to get back to my 9st 7lbs.

I've been to the Docs and been prescribed Xenicol which I know isn't a miracle cure & that the side effects could be horrendous if I don't stick to sensible low fat diet. Am hoping the stories I have heard are enough to make me avoid fatty stuff. I'm lucky in that I love fruit, veg & salad so don't dislike what I'm eating. I hope to have lost 21lbs by Christmas as a good start....

So it's onwards & downwards for me.......

Hello Lexie! :wavey: I've been floating around I think on almost all the different boards on here, trying to stick to a diet and not managing.:rolleyes: i'm 2st down from my highest ever weight but that's taken almost 3 years because I've been faffing so much lol. I got maybe a stone off in the first month but ever since I have either maintained or fluctuated by about 4lbs either side of my current weight.

For me a lot of it is getting my head in the right place and that's not always easy. Have you looked at the posts on xenical board yet? You could maybe start your own diary on there.:)

Hi Lynn, thanks for your reply, yes you are right you have to have your head in the right place & I hope I have now! I have a diary on Xen boards yes, it will hopefully keep me on the straight & narrow. You have to look at the positives that you weigh less than at your heaviest, keep going at it x

:sigh:you're not alone Lexie. Seems like so many times I've started only not to finish.
Atkins to Zone tried so many. So going back to counting the calories and trying to get my but moving more.
My head seems to be the prob LOL. In a happy place but still munching too much.
Just ordered my wedding dress for next year. Yep you guessed it, in a smaller size. So no excuses for me or I'll be getting married in stretchy leggings and a big baggy t-shirt.;)

I'm in the same boat alway lose like 21lbs then I kinda think oh this is great I'm doin so well then completely mess it up again - this will be like the 5th time!!!

I am determined to do it tho - I have set myself a goal of 14lbs by Christmas - I'm already down 3lbs this week so 11lbs to go for my first goal!!

Come on ladies we can do this!!!

L xxx

Back