Problems with ketostix ?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by cf70, 21 March 2011 Social URL.

1. cf70

cf70 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    So I went into Boots today and asked at the pharmacy section for these. The woman had no idea what I was talking about so I spelt it for her and she went to look through the back.
    She found them and took them over to somebody else (presumably a manager) and they both looked over at me with dirty looks and were clearly discussing me.
    The the woman came back and said "no we can't sell these" and I said well "do you realise you can buy them online, I just want to check how well my atkins diet is working" and she just shook her head and said "I dont think so" like I was a total idiot!

I'm normally quite mouthy and working in retail part-time I would usually argue but I was quite embarrassed and shocked at how obviously rude she was to me.

Do you actually need a prescription or did she just decide that I wasn't allowed them!?? My mum has bought these at boots many times!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. J2BLUE

J2BLUE Low Carber

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Boots are notorious for being *****y about Atkins dieters. You have to remember it's highly dangerous and we're all likely to die of kidney failure. Now be quiet and eat your low fat bagel ;)

I get them from ebay. 2 packs for 10.30. No questioning, no stupid comments :)

4. furrysmudge

furrysmudge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Bouncing back to Slimming World
    Quite a few people have said that pharmacists and suchlike are rude when asked for these. I don't know what their problem is. If you were diabetic they'd give you them no problem tsk xx

Try going to a small independant chemist, or as you say, buy them online xx

5. cf70

cf70 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Im sorry guys I just flicked through a few pages and realised loads of people have written the same thing oops!
    Ahwell got 50 on amazon for a fiver, guess it's like half the price! Just have to wait that's all.

I just felt really embarrassed standing there when they were clearly discussing whether to sell them to me or not. They were both a lot bigger than me and I genuinely think they just didn't want to help me lol.

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Theres also ones which are now actually diet related as opposed to the ketostix... My mum went into Boots for mine and they asked what they were for and when she said they gave her slightly different ones. The ketostix have 2 colours dont they? These ones just have one...

Be good if I could remember what theyre called :rolleyes:

7. roosnanny

roosnanny Gold Member

Diet:
    Atkins
    hi
    can't say i've ever had a problem from boots or anywhere i've bought them from,
    however i think if i had been treated in this manor i would report it to head office.
    what right have they got to say who buys them ?
    amazon you say.........hmmm have to have a look at that. :)

8. Marysu

Marysu Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.5%)
    I always say they are for an elderly neighbour or my granny or some other bull like that if i'm questioned. I spread out the chemists i go into. Me and my mam both use them so we use about twenty differant chemists. It's quite funny really.

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I always amuses me when I hear of people having problems like that I mean good grief were not going to smoke them, inject them, sell them on the black market... we want to pee on the ruddy things :rolleyes:

10. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    once you get them without touching the important end cut them in half and you have a 100 !! xx

11. cf70

cf70 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    hahaha thats one cost cutting measure

12. upsy-daisy

upsy-daisy Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(32.67%)
    I don't know why boots have such a problem with selling the sticks. They didn't have any problem taking the 60 quid I spent on atkins bars and shakes off me!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.