Problems with recipes???

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Twizzle, 11 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Twizzle

Twizzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(14.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I have only recently started on SW and have made a couple of recipes but am finding the quantities of some ingredients rather strange!

I did a spicy chicken fried rice the other day which stated 511g/1lb 2oz rice, as there were only three of us, I divided this by 4 and x by three. BUT this was a HUGE amount of rice and what with all the other ingredients, it was very difficult fitting it all in the wok!!

Another recipe I have done called for 750g new potatos, this also didn't fit in the casserole dish and that amount of potato would do us at least two sets of dinners!!

Then tonight, I have done mediterrean lamb tray bake, recipe stated 7oz new potatos for 4 people - this was like 5 little potatoes between us!!! Anyone else thought the quantities of some ingredients strange???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    I made the vegetable pasta bake form the mag and it used 2 whole heads of brocolli and loads of pasta, plus additional veg. Almost didn't fit in the pot.

Not that I was complaining it was just a bit of a faff getting it all together, at least on SW you can't say you don't get fed!

4. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    I use recipes more as guidelines.....lol and use my initiative

5. Twizzle

Twizzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(14.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    Thats what I am doing but can't believe the amounts at times LOL!

6. tarka

tarka Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    For rice I generally allow 60g dried per person and that's plenty. If a recipe asks for more I ignore it and use my own amounts. Recipes are always just a guideline for my cooking :)

7. loungelizard

loungelizard Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11%)
    Diet:
    SW Extra Easy
    I've not cooked anything yet that I thought would make hugh amounts, however, I did the chicken and mushroom pie from this months mag (using only 3 chciken breasts instead of 4) and that was enough for six people not four. Same with the cottage pie!

Makes a change from pre SW when I've done a recipe that allegedly serves four and there's only been enough for two of us-lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.