Progress - Not Going As Well As It Should Have lol

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Konvictz, 11 May 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Konvictz

Konvictz Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    No diet just running and weight training.
    i was supposed to have a decent body by summer, summer is almost here, however there is no body lool.

my exercise regime started of with running everyday, weight lifting, drinking 2 litre of water daily and eating more fruits.

it started of great, i actually felt weight loss even after a few days of working out. however i was a little too keen, and soon my luck had gone.

my shins started hurting so badly after all the running, my foot also started hurting. and i really messed up my neck from trying too hard and using the wrong technique with the weight lifting. and my neck was hurting for like 2 months.

and then its exam season, and i have to revise alot for my studys.

So the dream is over, i wont have my 6 pac body by summer. But the pressure is off in a way, i can now wait for my exams to finish (1 month left) and then gradually get back into a good exercise regime without needing to try too hard. Its just a personal thing, if i do anything, it has to be 100% effort - i also take that approach in my exams.

and btw im not too concerned about changing my diet. i still have junk food every now and then and i wont stop that because i dont feel i need to. When i was a good shape few years back, i ate alot of junk food and it did not make a difference.

i have learnt that fixing your body requires a different sort of mind frame and techniqe from other things. Doing too much too soon will result in injuries and further problems which will impact negatively in the overall picture - i have learnt the hard way. Hope others can learn from this as well.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cazj

cazj Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(15.79%)
    You certainly do get what you desire if you desire it bad enough. I took up running every day also and came down with shin splints. I had to cut back to 3 times a week but I just increased the distance on the days I ran. I am studying also and know that once my exams are out of the way, I can relax a little. You will succeed, you have great determination and that alone will bring you success in your goals. Best of luck

4. Konvictz

Konvictz Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    No diet just running and weight training.
    thank you.... yess the shin splints problem is a real problem.

do you run on grass? or pavement?

because i couldt run on the streets no more it was so bad. i used to run barefoot in my room in the carpet lol. i used to do laps from one side to the other. i used to mix it up with the intensity - but the important thing was that the impact on my legs was reduced and it still got me sweating alot. it is kind of annoying having such less space - but with the music on and the freedom of infinite water available, it was ok i guess.

so is your shin splints gone? how do i make mine go? i really wanna play alot of football in the summer, i dont want my shins to cause me problems.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.