Proper Food Diary Starting Now!!

cnicolaf

Silver Member
I have been doing SW at home for the past 7 weeks been slow and steady losses to date, started off at 12.13 last WI I was 12.2, was pleased however feeling smug I weighed myself this morning and rather than the 12.0 winking back at me there was a 3.5lb gain!!! :(

I did SW at a group 2 years ago and lost 2.5 stone - all off which plus and extra 7lbs I have put on again!! So I am doing things at home, making it a proper lifestyle change rather than a diet.

I am sooo desperate to get out of the 12's have been on plan 100%, the only thing I have been struggling with is using the SYNS I am prob only having about 5 a day in sauces or mayo. I seriously am too full to want crisps or anything like that and have given up sweet and chocolate for lent! Am hoping by official WI on Saturday morning the gain will be gone!!

I have always written down what I have eaten on scrappy bits of paper here there and everywhere!!! So I thought if I got into the habit of posting my food diary on here maybe would help me see where I am going wrong.

Mon GREEN

B'Fast
porridge oats soaked over night in muller light with berries, apple and plum

Lunch
rice salad, with beans, cucumber, onion and tomato
apple, strawbs and muller light

Dinner
lentil, bean and vegetable baked topped with sliced potatoes and fry light
banana, grapes, stawrbs frozen muller light

Drinks
water x 8
peppermint tea x 4
diet coke x 1
squash sugar free x 2

Tuesday RED

B'fast
eggs x 2 fried with fry light
quorn sausage
tomato

Snack
alpen light (b)
apple

Lunch
tuna, salad, tomato, cucumber, onion, extra light mayo 2 syn, 2 baby bell light (HA)
apple
yoghurt

Dinner
baked cod, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
starwbs, frozen muller light

Drinks
water x 7
coffee x 2
peppermint tea x 2
diet coke x 1
ginger tea x 1

Last edited:
Hi Cnicolaf, Well done on starting a diary. So many people put this off and then don't get any good feedback because we don't know how to contact them so it's a big bonus for starters.
However, I am not doing SW but I am sure you will soon get some response on that score.
In the meantime, keep posting and welcome to this fab forum...

All the very best to you....:)

Ah thanks Emmaline, really appreciate your support. x

Wednesday GREEN

B'Fast
Wheatabix (b)
milk (1/2 a)
apple

Snack
Carrotts
Apples
walkers sunbites (6 syns)

Lunch
couscous with salad, tomaot, cucumber and spring onion
bananna
apple
yoghurt

Dinner
2 chicken quorn burgers (4 syns)
butternut squash and potato SW chips
peas, salad, mayo (2 syns)
hartley sugar free jelly with pineapple (5 syns) thought this was free till i looked it up :(

Drinks
water x 7
mint tea x 3
coffee x 3
dc x 1

Your diary looks good well done on your loss so far is it the jelly that says fat free? It often confuses people as all jelly is fat free but that one is full of sugar.

If you buy some of the little jelly molds in asda or tesco (pack of 6 is about 2 pounds) and then make your own sugar free jelly with added fresh fruit for 1 1/2 syns the whole sachet of jelly (will probably make all 6 pots.

Good luck

Teresa

Your diary looks good well done on your loss so far is it the jelly that says fat free? It often confuses people as all jelly is fat free but that one is full of sugar.

If you buy some of the little jelly molds in asda or tesco (pack of 6 is about 2 pounds) and then make your own sugar free jelly with added fresh fruit for 1 1/2 syns the whole sachet of jelly (will probably make all 6 pots.

Good luck

Teresa

Thanks Teresa.

Yes that's the one - I didn't realise! Gutted. I am off work today so might pop to Asda and get some molds - also some lolly molds as LOVE frozen nuller light as a treat in the evening! x

the hartley sugar free jelly pots (attached pik) are only half a syn. really nice aswell. x

Attachments

• 025947.jpg
    025947.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 655
Thursday GREEN

B'Fast
Wheatabix (b)
milk (a)

Lunch
frittata with green veg and salad
apple

Snack
Alpen light

Dinner
Small baked potato, baked beans and salad

SYNS
2 x large gin and slim line tonic - (10 syns)

Drinks
Coffee x 2
Sugar free squash x 3
diet coke x 1

Friday GREEN

B'fast
Wheatabix (b)
Milk (a)
Strawbs and 1/2 melon

Snack
Apple
Alpen light x 2

Lunch
Salad
fruit salad
yoghurt
satsuma

Dinner
Quorn meatballs and spaghetti
SAUCE - made with - 2x spag boll oxo cubes (3 SYNs) courgette, tomatoes, onion, garlic, mushrooms, yellow pepper, pasata, bovril
melted babybell light x 1 (3 SYNS)

Drinks
Coffee x 2
Diet coke x 1
water x 4
squash x 1
tea x 1
horlicks light x 1 (2 SYNs)

Woop!!! thanks Derbynanny! X

Saturday RED

B'fast
Strawbs and blueberries with natural low fat yog and 1/2 melon
1 alpen light (1/2 b)

Snack
Apple

Lunch
2 x poached eggs
1 x alpen light (1/2 b)
apple
vanilla muller light with 1 kiwi

Dinner
6 x tiger prawns with chilli and garlic
steamed cod with ginger and garlic, pak-choi with soy sauce

SYNs
single gin and slim x 3 = 7.5
glass of dry white wine x 3 = 12

Drinks
water x 4
diet coke x 1
sugar free squash x 2
coffee x 2

Sunday RED

Easter Sunday at my parents = high SYN day but... could have been alot worse considering there was Christmas pudding, apple crumble and Eton Mess for pudding with lots and lots of chocolates being passed round!!! Think I made sensible choices while not depriving myself - and after all that is what it is all about. Plus going to go for a long walk and roller blading tommorrow to burn off a few of those extra SYNS

B'fast
Kiwi and low fat yog
melon

Lunch/Dinner
1/4 melon and parma ham
2 slices chicken, 1 slice boiled ham (all fat removed), carrotts, broccoli, 2x cocktail sausages, 1 ball of sausagemeat stuffing, 1 x tablespoon bread stuffing (made with bread from hb)
strawbs and rasberries with vanilla muller light

SYNs
bread sauce 2 tablespoons - 3 syns
1 small roast potato - ???
6 x mini eggs - 9 syns
3 squares lindt mint chocolate - 6 syns??
small glass of white wine - 3 syns

Hi cnicolaf, your menus are looking good. You seem to be adding plenty of suerfree even though you're doing red and green which is great. I only do green but always try to incorporate a lot and it's done me the world of good!

Well done on your restraint yesterday, it's not easy with all those goodies being passed around x

Congratulations on your losses so far, you're doing great, keep it up!

Hi cnicolaf, your menus are looking good. You seem to be adding plenty of suerfree even though you're doing red and green which is great. I only do green but always try to incorporate a lot and it's done me the world of good!

Well done on your restraint yesterday, it's not easy with all those goodies being passed around x

Congratulations on your losses so far, you're doing great, keep it up!

Thanks Beegee, is defo becoming a way of life as it where than a diet, slow and steady wins the race!!! As they say! ;)

Have just had a look at your food diary - will most def be trying out some of your green ideas!!! You have done amazingly well!!! :) X

Monday GREEN

B'fast
1/2 melon
wheatbix (b)
milk (a)

Lunch
2 x poached eggs
1 slice ww bread (b)
1/2 melon
1 x mini milk - 1.5 SYNS

Dinner
Spring Green Risotto - courgette, onion, garlic, asparagus, leek, peas and mange-tout
1 desert spoon pecerino cheese - (a)
low fat natural yog with rhubarb stewed in sweeter - 1 SYN

SYNS
two pieces of easter egg (about the size of a piece of diary milk chocolate) - 5 SYNS?

Drinks
coffee x 2
water x 3
sugar free squash x 3
diet coke x 2
peppermint tea x 2

Tuesday RED

B'fast
Wheatabix (b)
milk (a)
pink grapefruit

Lunch
baby leaf Salad, tomatoes, cucumber and spring onion with chicken and ham cubes
strawbs and kiwi with low fat natural yog
pear
apple

Dinner
Steak, broccoli, carrots, baby sweetcorn
kiwi and vanilla muller light

Snack
Vanilla WW yog

SYNs
Ovaltine light - 2 SYNS
1 square lindt mint chocolate - 2 SYNS

Drinks
Coffee x 2
Water x 8
Peppermint tea x 2
Diet coke x 1
Sugar free squash x 2

Wednesday RED

B'fast
28grams muselli with muller light vanilla
banana

Lunch
baby leaf salad, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion, egg and cubed ham
low fat activia yog

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Chicken stuffed with quark, garlic and herbs wrapped in 1 slice bacon, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots and mushroom and spinach sauce (made with quark and 0% greek yog)
chopped Apple and pear

Drinks
Diet coke caffeine free x 2
water x 5
coffee x 1
ginger tea x 1

So pleased today, 1st time someone has noticed the loss, a guy at work... Plus had a sneaky look on the scales yesterday and think I have comfortably hit the -1 stone mark. So should be out of the 12's and hitting the 11's come official WI Sat (fingers crossed) Am a little bit in love with SW at the moment - hope the euphoria lasts and keeps me on track!!!

Only 1.5 stone to go!! But still makes it worth while when not only to you feel better, happier and more comfortable in your own skin (and clothes!!) when someone notices! Plus makes you actually feel like exercising as don't feel such a lump. Going roller blading/skating tomorrow!! Fun and exercise!!

Back